PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Tip has split!!! I now have 2!!!

sheppy
01/29/2004, 08:28 AM
Hello all,

As most of you have more experiance in this hobby, you may not find this as exciting/interesting as I did, but I was very happy!

Last night my BTA had moved up to another location on my rocks (it had not moved previously in weeks) and deflated as if it was expelling waste. It stayed that way for about 3 hours, until I went to bed. When I woke this morning, I had a small BTA in that location, and the "parent" had moved back to the original spot!! I was amazed......(as I said this is all new to me). How often do they reproduce?? Do I feed/treat the new BTA with any special food or care? If any of you have had this happen, let me know!

Thanks, Alan

scubadude
01/29/2004, 09:51 AM
Hey Alan,
Congratulations PAPA...hehe...BTA's are known to reproduce quite readily, the more you feed them the more they will probably split. As soon as you see a mouth on them then feed them...it really is that simple. is yours a Rose BTA? if so you interested in doing a trade for some corals?

Rocky

Agu
01/29/2004, 08:59 PM
Congrats !!

From what I understand there's a lot of reprodution going on in your household ;) . If you play your cards right you can bring the clone to a meeting and go home with a few frags.

Agu

sheppy
01/30/2004, 07:52 AM
That is my intention!!! Someone will have to help teach me how to remove him from his rock!!! Thanks, Alan...

By the way, the real baby should be here any day!!!!! Doc says within a week!!!!!!!