PDA

View Full Version : liverock

A. Critter Killer
01/28/2004, 11:38 PM
I figured I should ask all of you reefer heads, what is YOUR favorite way to get stoned? I will soon expand my saltwater; and I am about to start carring more lines of liverock, and have to choose. I already carry, and plan to continue stocking Bahama and Fiji. Which would ya'll prefer(and why)...Tonga, Marshall Island, Brazilian, or Tampa Bay aquacultured? All will be priced simularily (premium rock=premium prices). I 'preciate the input. ----Sean

wooglin
01/29/2004, 01:01 AM
Everyone knows how I feel about Tampa Bay Saltwater. It would be could to pick up a piece here or there of their Deco rock with corals on it to finish off other rock... Or you can go all TBS!!!

rcmike
01/29/2004, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I would go with Tampa Bay or Gulf View if you could get it. I made a couple of trips to Chattanooga just to get some. I think what I got was Gulf View but I am not sure. I have heard they are similar. They take more care in transporting the GV and TBS rock so there is little die off. I have taken a few pieces and just put them directly into the established tank with no problems. You do get more bad hitchhikers but you get tons more good ones also. I would much rather pay a little more for a rock with some life on it than one with only a couple of purple patches on it. I would definately get a few pieces if you got some good rock.

A. Critter Killer
01/31/2004, 04:10 AM
Ok, so apparently Tampa Bay is 25,000 lbs. on backorder...I can't get it 'till the summer when it is nicer for them to dive for it. What are ya'lls second choices? ----Sean

rcmike
01/31/2004, 11:52 AM
Have you checked on Gulf View? I think it is very similar to Tampa Bay. I am pretty sure that is what I got a few pieces of. Here is their website.

http://www.floridaliverock.com/

liverock
01/31/2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by A. Critter Killer
Ok, so apparently Tampa Bay is 25,000 lbs. on backorder...I can't get it 'till the summer when it is nicer for them to dive for it. What are ya'lls second choices? ----Sean

Correct information is we are backordered 10,000 pounds for our wholesale market, which we quit taking orders for in December....

We are shipping our retail customers <you guys> as we normaly do.
Got a nice load of rock yesterday.....

Thanks
Richard TBS:rollface: :rollface: :rollface:
www.tbsaltwater.com

A. Critter Killer
01/31/2004, 10:26 PM
Waz up, Richard...Wooglin[alan] lied (rather probably embellished) to me about the backorder, oh well, either way glad to see you are stayin' buisy. This is Sean from Emerald Bay in Nashville, could I get you to call or fax me a list at your convrenience, (615)646-8950. Thanx. ----Sean

wooglin
01/31/2004, 11:30 PM
I did not LIE, I simply did not remember the correct amount. 10,000 pounds, 25,000 pounds whats the difference, its a buttload of rock either way.

You do need to try to order some from TBS, the rock rules. You would not believe what the two large shelf rocks he shipped me look like. They are incredible!!!!

dbroome
02/01/2004, 01:36 AM
15,000 lbs :D

Oldschooler
02/01/2004, 10:28 AM
Twenty thousand, and that's my final offer! LOL

A. Critter Killer
02/01/2004, 10:42 AM
LOL, I just love trying to *rile* you up Wooglin! :)

fishdoc11
02/01/2004, 11:13 AM
Allright guys weve got enough riling on this forum allready.

wooglin
02/01/2004, 12:54 PM
I am not riled up. It just pains me that they allready know at the bay I sometimes embelish. Character flaws that are so evident tend to be bad ones. ;-)

fishdoc11
02/01/2004, 02:55 PM
We all have em.