PDA

View Full Version : tbsaltwater

getinjr
07/27/2001, 04:07 PM
anyone ordered or had any experiences with them there lr sounds great!

freedeez
07/30/2001, 12:10 PM
I have heard and read from a number of people that their rock often comes with Mantis Shrimp.

Guy
07/30/2001, 01:16 PM
Yes, the rock will probably come with mantis, rock crabs and pistol shrimp. As well as an incredibly diverse selection of other flora & fauna. I'm extremely happy with my rock from TBS and if I were to do it all over again I would buy the same rock... I purchased 150 pounds of various types from TBS and once the mantis and crabs were removed it was much better than I ever could have imagined.

I have one of the mantis in a 5 gallon tank and found it to be extremely facinating.

Snailman
07/30/2001, 09:05 PM
getinjr

[welcome]

rcassidy
08/03/2001, 10:36 AM
When I was in Tampa for a couple months earlier in the year I was staying 3 miles from them. The store definately leaves something to be desired, but who cares what it looks like. I want a quality product!!! And they can DEFINATELY serve that. They had rock with more life on it than you can imagine. Tubs, upon Tubs full of it. And they were very busy as well. Good Service, nice people, great rock.

Ryan

getinjr
08/03/2001, 11:30 AM
thanx for the info it is appreciated!

Clown-Tang2
08/13/2001, 12:50 AM
I also purchased from TBSW and like most other I got quite a diversification of creatures. These included 2 mantis shrimp, 1 pistol shrimp, about 35 different crabs including rock crabs and a 2 1/2 inch long, clear thing that came out at night and swam around and attached to the side of the tank for a while. I assume this was some sort of tape worm. If Mantis are going to be a prob for you then I would recommend against it but otherwise I am quite happy.

rmdavis
08/15/2001, 02:55 AM
not sure about their live rock (but gettin gsome delivered thursday) got 100 lbs of the live sand about a week ago though and very pleased with it ... even wound up with a couple of sea cucumbers((I think)) and variety of snails and even one clam or scallop(( not sure which))

email rmdavis@bayou.com