PDA

View Full Version : Tideline - Good News

minfinger
01/27/2004, 08:16 PM
All,

Chris emailed me this afternoon. Check this out:

Hey Mike,
Just a quick note. They cancelled our marine shipment this week and I decided to run a big invert/coral/fish special. 20%-30% off depending on the numbers of items you buy. The coupons go out tonight. The reef club members have been using their cards on a regular basis now. Tell them all thank you for us. We appreciate the business. When are we having a meeting at tideline for an after hours get-together? Just a thought. chris

First off, thanks to everyone that's been coming in. The wouldn't stop talking about all the reefers from the club when I was by their tonight! Thanks!!! So since we're such good customers, this is what we get. I'm so happy that Chris is so supportive of the club. I'm not sure if i should have asked sooner or just waited. But I'm glad he offered. :D

So what's the plan? What does the group want to do??

Mike

Simbo18
01/27/2004, 08:21 PM
Hit Tideline up for all they got!?!?!?! Sounds alright to me.

:wildone:Luke:wildone:

kidzatheart
01/27/2004, 08:35 PM
We LOVE tideline. We can not wait to get our club discount card for tideline. We shop there quite a bit and that discount card will make shopping there even better. We almost went there today to buy a bubble anemone but something told me to call 1st and I am glad i did. That would of been a wasted trip. Although i am wanting some live rock and at $3.50lb thats a great deal.

minfinger
01/27/2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah I know great deals!

Aquarius Lady
01/27/2004, 09:06 PM
Sounds good to me Mike! :) (To have the trip there!)
I've used my discount card like 5 times there already ;) They know me well...LOL!

minfinger
01/27/2004, 09:44 PM
Thank you for using it :D

I've got to get my other computer up this weekend and then I'll be back online with the Membership cards.

Yeah maybe a trip to Tideline hmmm...

djangoboots
01/28/2004, 11:31 AM
where is there LR for 3.50/lb? and how do i get my membership card?

minfinger
01/28/2004, 12:23 PM
I have to print them and then laminate them.

Did you email me your info yet? I know someone did. I think it might have been Arthur.

scuba4ever
01/28/2004, 02:39 PM
I know that every time Lee and I have been to tidelines we have left them ( and us) very happy...still looking at getting another sea fan and last week we used skip' s old card and they gave us the discount...LOL

kidzatheart
01/28/2004, 04:07 PM
jessa- the LR for $3.50/LB is at Tideline using their coupon. THey are trying to get ride of what they have left cause they have a big order coming in sometime soon. The pieces they have are a little big and not that much color, but for that price and with the discount card that not a bad price.

We almost came up there yesterday but called and found out that their shipment had been canceled. Luckly we called first before going all the way their and they didn't have what we wanted, we were going to get the common BTA they were going to have on special.

minfinger
01/28/2004, 07:01 PM
I tlaked to Chris today, he's all about doing the meeting on a Saturday! :D

Ok he said he has to find out for sure that he's going to be in town on the 21st, but it sounded like a good date.

He also said something about a great surpirse for us

I know what it is, but we'll wait for a little while and let the suspense kill you :D

Aquarius Lady
01/28/2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by minfinger

He also said something about a great surpirse for us

I know what it is, but we'll wait for a little while and let the suspense kill you :D [/B]

Evil, Mike, verrry, Evil :smokin:

skipm
01/28/2004, 07:15 PM
I vote that all of us ambush Mike and torture him until he tells us everything ;)

BTW Just kidding

minfinger
01/28/2004, 07:58 PM
LOL

kidzatheart
01/28/2004, 08:13 PM
ok everyone lets flood mike with emails and pms so he get tired of us bugging him and he would tell us. :D J/K
Can't wait to hear what it is.

minfinger
01/28/2004, 08:25 PM
I'll let the secret out of the bag soon enough...If the date is good, we should know by the end of the week.

Troy182
01/28/2004, 10:21 PM
mike is imune to pm's he leaves his box full. LOL

minfinger
01/29/2004, 04:58 PM
That's right :D

minfinger
01/31/2004, 10:26 AM
Alright, so just so we're clear, it wouldn't be very far if you went up there and bugged Chris about the secret. So keep it exciting for everyone and don't ruin it. Remember, we want new memeber to come for the knowledge, not the free stuff.

Simbo18
01/31/2004, 11:10 AM
Huh? Knowledge? Man, I just came for the free stuff.....:rolleyes: LOL

minfinger
02/01/2004, 12:46 PM
You reef card has been revoked ;)

Simbo18
02/01/2004, 01:14 PM
LOL!!! The only card I have is from 3/29/03 (very first card ever produced). It has long since expired. Like September 30, 2003...... or something.
But your right mike, as it says in our mission statement, we're all about informing, I don't remember too much about free bee's..... to tell you and everyone the truth, I much rather learn something than save 10 cents for every dollar.

minfinger
02/05/2004, 12:10 AM
ok I spoke with Chris today and he asked me to emial him some more info. We're trying for this month on the 21st or next month, the 20th.

If we have to switch until next month, I guess we're going to Rob's if he's still up to it :D

I should know for sure by tomorrow night.

minfinger
02/06/2004, 09:35 PM
UPDATE - :( :D

First the :( Not til Next month, I think it's going to be on the 20th of Marh, but that's cool. The topic is going to be Calcium Reactors, which Justin will be tlaking about and the other topic will be whatever else we want to talk about. I know a lot of people have been showing a big interest in Sumps and Refugiums lately. You guys decide on a 2nd topic and let me know.

Now the :D hehe I can't tell you LMAO

Just kidding, as soon as I ok it with Rob, I guess we're going to his place this month. Ooh 2 road trips in the same month :D

I'm gonna give Rob a call in a little bit and see what's up. I'll let everyone know tonight or tomorrow.

Please give me a 2nd topic for the March Meeting.

Mike

Aquarius Lady
02/06/2004, 11:40 PM
IF I can get a ride in a carpool to Rob's I will probably be able to make it, if not, I won't be able to go.

robwsup
02/07/2004, 10:26 PM
It's great that Chris at Tideline takes good care of you guys. He has a really nice store up there, and seems to have a hobbyiest's passion for the fish and corals that is often lost once someone goes into business. When he told me how long he had been in business, I was surprised, because he still has that "hand-on" enthusiasm that I personally appreciate when I visit a LFS.

You guys really have an asset in that store. Any store can have a decent selection and/or prices. It's uncommon to have one with knowledgeable and enthusiastic people.

skipm
02/08/2004, 10:47 AM
Like you already said, there has been a few recent questions about sumps and refugiums so that would make a good second topic. We could discuss the various things that can be added to a sump and different ways of setting them up. It would also tie in with the DIY aspect of the calcium reactors. Skip

minfinger
02/08/2004, 01:30 PM
I talked to Justin, and he said he was all for discussing custom sumps.

If I get time I might mock up one of my 10G tanks just to have hands on.

skipm
02/08/2004, 02:26 PM
If you do that, leave a baffle or two loose so that others can see how to silicone them in place. It seems like that is always one of the questions asked on the DIY forum. Skip

minfinger
02/08/2004, 04:08 PM
LOL with one of the simplest answers.

Great idea, I'll leave a few things loose.

djangoboots
02/09/2004, 11:57 AM
or how about feeding a reef aquarium as a topic. I love feeding but how much is too much (don't you dare tell me "no more then they can eat in 3 minutes" or I will scream). I think alot of people's tank problems are often associated with over-feeding or improper feeding and they don't even know it. It could be a real quick topic. Just a suggestion anyway.

minfinger
02/09/2004, 06:50 PM
There is no formula. I hear some people say "I feed everyday" and they have gorgeous tanks. I feed every other day and most of the time I miss feedings and my tanks, sometimes, look like crap LOL Others feed everyday and have huge problems. You can not feed anymore bio load than your tank can handle. It all depends on how many corals you have, your filtration, your current water quality, your pod population, any current algeas (good and bad), current scavanger population, how's your sand bed, and gosh, there's tons of things.

So theoretically your feeding needs could change daily.

You're talking about a lecture, not a meeting topic ;) Just the same I'd love to discuss it sometime.

I'm going to go with the Calcium Reactor and Sump topics. Jeesa, youre more than welcome to bring that question up to Chris and Justin. They are experts and I'd like to hear them answer that question.

Mike

djangoboots
02/10/2004, 11:03 AM
what I think is tricky though is that some fish really do need to be feed 2-3x per day to be nourished. (ie. moorish idol and a lot of the angles, basically thin grazers). I am just wondering what some thoughts are on how to accomlish that with overfeeding the rest of the tank and ending up with an obese maroon clown (like mine).

Simbo18
02/10/2004, 02:24 PM
Live food is the best option, not only dose it keep your tank from being poluted but it can acutally help clean it (dependig on the live food given).

minfinger
02/23/2004, 10:01 PM
Bump....Any more thoughts now?

DashHD
02/24/2004, 12:17 AM
I personally think the orignal topics you mentioned are great ! I know I'm interested in hearing and learning about both ! This is will be my 1st meet I make ! I am going to make it even if I have to call in sick at work . I'm getting sick of having to work every time you all have a meeting ! I want to meet some of you and talk .

skipm
02/24/2004, 06:36 AM
I think that by approaching the subject from not only the DIY approach but the reasons that they are a good addition to a system should be quite a bit of information to absorb. I think if we try to have any more formal topics this meeting will start to get to be a bit much for the average person to absorb. JMO, Skip

minfinger
02/24/2004, 03:00 PM
It's all a bit much for me to absorb LOL :D

So...Calcium Reactors and Custom Filtration Systems.

djangoboots
02/24/2004, 03:03 PM
We are not average! We have brains like sponges, we can absorb anything! I think time is more of the inhibiting factor then brain capacity.:rolleyes:

dvmsn
02/24/2004, 03:49 PM
When is going to take place?

minfinger
02/24/2004, 04:17 PM
Jessa, we all thought you had a learning curve ;)

March 20th...I'm going to start the Tideline Thread tonight.

djangoboots
02/24/2004, 04:38 PM
Mike, you must notice though, I said "we" not "I".:)

Simbo18
02/24/2004, 04:54 PM
:lol:

minfinger
02/24/2004, 06:54 PM
Oh :p Jessa, you're no fun :p