PDA

View Full Version : Rob, ? about ricordia

djangoboots
01/27/2004, 02:38 PM
The ricordia that I got from you still does not have the purple in it that it shows on the picutres on your web site. Is that because of a difference in lighting or is it still settling in? Oh, i fed the candycoral early this morning. That was very cool.:eek1: I had to keep swating my cleaner shrimp away though, they kept trying to steal the food.

Simbo18
01/27/2004, 05:08 PM
Well lighting is the main factor here. I'm going to have to say that it may never have purple in it, just because that ricorida hasn't had time to change at all considering it just came out of Rob's tank. Have you tired looking at it from the top, that is where all the virbrant colors come out. The top view is also the way Rob takes his pictures.

If you could tell us what color it is now. And what lighiting you have it under.

IMO, purple isn't a good color for a ricorida, it just dosn't stand out the way orange, red, green, pink, and blue do. Blue is still one of those colors that don't stand out well unless it is flourescent.

:wildone:Luke:wildone:

djangoboots
01/27/2004, 05:20 PM
I have it under 4 60" VHO. i am sorta looking at it from the top since it is mounted at an angle. The mouth is green and the rest is sorta a brownish/pinkish color (not an ungly brown, just not real vibrant) If you check out Rob's site it's shrm0022. you can see what colour i was expecting (not that I am in the LEAST bit disappointed, I love it anyway, just curious)

Simbo18
01/27/2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah.... unfortunatly you stole that ric from me.... so I know exactly what your talking about:lol:. But yeah, you might want more intense light to really see the purple, if the purple is really there. You have to understand that some of the corals are on the outskirts of his plywood tank (which his huge if you haven't seen it) and the outskirts are obviously dimmer giving anything he takes a picture of darker than it really is. Or even makeing something look like it has a different color. It's either your lighting that makes it look different or his camera/lighting. His camera is not bad or anything, I mean I have the same kind lol, but I notice that most all cameras will change the color of a coral. That's just the way it is. Hope the color changes around for you!!!!

:wildone:Luke:wildone: