PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

BigDog
07/26/2001, 10:13 PM
after seeing all you people with your nanos... i decided i can't resist it anymore.... I pulled out my 10 gallon today from the closet, and just finished painting the back of it black.... now on the inside i noticed there is a little bit of calcium build up from when i used to run a freshwater tank... i'm wondering if i can use a bit of rubbing alcohol to clean off this calcum build up without messing up the tank or poisoning it??

Carlos
07/26/2001, 11:19 PM
How long has the tank been in the closet?

The corner seals become loose with time when dry so you might have to run the tank with just water for a few days just to make sure that there are no leaks. You might have to reseal the tank.

Besides that, welcome to the nano world!!!

Carlos

Pinecone_Jeff
07/27/2001, 09:46 AM
Or, for some peace of mind, get a new 10 gal if you think your old 10 gal is questionable. Heck, they're only like 10 bucks! :)

kennerd
07/27/2001, 10:51 AM
ditto on the replacement, much cheaper than a soggy carpet & lost inhabitants.

BigDog
07/27/2001, 11:56 AM
well the tank has been in storage for only 4-5 months... other than that it was used as a freshwater setup

Pinecone_Jeff
07/27/2001, 12:03 PM
Well, I'd still at least do a leak test on the tank in your garage or yard. Just to be on the safe side. You should be okay though if it's only been 4 or 5 months. Better safe than sorry, eh?!?! :)