PDA

View Full Version : What do you have?

JJM
01/23/2004, 10:53 AM
What do you DRC people have?

Tbor
01/23/2004, 12:03 PM
What I really have is softie reef/work in progress (just moved - bad juju) and clown breeder tank(s)/work in progress.
But then again, what isn't a work in progress:)

kwjones
01/23/2004, 03:40 PM
I have a FOWLR with hopes of upgrading my lighting to keep at least low light corals. Spent last year's tax returns on the set up, seems fitting to spend part of it on upgrades. :D

chawee
01/23/2004, 05:37 PM
First off, I'm a newbie... but I learn fast (especially here on RC). I have a 25g Reef Tank that doesn't have much in it yet. It almost looks like a fowlr... or as my wife has called it "a pile of rocks!" LOL

I purchased it as an existing system from someone getting out of the hobby. It was up & running for ~6yrs when I bought it. I got everything he had including most of the water. This way it was only like moving it & doing a water change. Everything came from the purchase except 20 lbs. of the Live Sand and a Bubble Tip Anemone.

--SYSTEM DESCRIPTION--
LIGHTS: CSL Smartlamp 24" PC w/65W 50/50
SKIMMER: CPR Bak Pak
FILTRATION: 35 lbs. of LR & 35 lbs. of LS
CLEAN-UP CREW: 10 snails, 25 hermits & tons of worms
WATER MOVEMENT: Supreme Skilter 250

As far as corals I have a few leathers, some button polyp rocks, a couple of mushrooms & a small candycane/trumpet coral. The anemone I added has already split into 3 !!! :D

KWJONES, That sounds like a great plan, now I just need to convince my wife.

Chalie

Although not a great pic, here it is...

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/43947Front_25g_Reef.jpg

JJM
01/26/2004, 07:41 AM

jayke
01/26/2004, 11:15 AM
FOWLR right now. I may get into some low light mushrooms and possibly a candy cane coral eventually.