PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors

MadTownMax
01/23/2004, 08:25 AM
I just wanted to thank whoever got Williams Greenbank aquarium involved.

Since I've moved here about a year ago The owner has been the most honest person I've talked to at a pet store, and since he's planning some major improvements, I think that little store is going to be a great place.

I don't intend any disrespect towards any of the other sponsers whom I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, hopefully they will all be as enthusiastic about this hobby as we are.

On a side note, I've heard great things about Dr. Mac from some people in the Maryland club.

-Nick

JJM
01/23/2004, 09:10 AM
Bill and I go way back , and yes , he already has some great corals ,...mostly soft now , but in the next few weeks he will have 16 new tanks I believe, with mostly hard corals ,...he just re-did his fish offering and should be restocking soon ,...Bill gave me some certificates to raffle off, and were also planning a after hours tour / sale at his shop. We can discuss this date at our meeting , probably late Feb or early March

chawee
01/23/2004, 11:04 AM
Where is Bill's store located?

Chalie

JJM
01/23/2004, 11:40 AM
shops of greenbank , prices corner , behind pep boys

MadTownMax
01/23/2004, 03:38 PM
About those new tanks,

I was there last night, he was like a kid in a candy store, I myself don't even remember being that excited for Christmas when I was a kid.

I told him to check out RC as he is going to install a large bank of Halides, and with all the recent tests, he would have some solid facts to base his systems on.

JJM
01/23/2004, 04:22 PM
yeah , he's pumped...I think he has his ducks in a row ...you tell him your involved with DRC?

MadTownMax
01/23/2004, 06:29 PM
He's actually the one that mentioned to me, lol. Never would have known if I hadn't gone to the store last night.

dvlhzdu
02/04/2004, 01:39 PM
Said he was sorry that he could not make the meeting, scrubbing tanks. He got some nice fish & coral in today, I got a small coral beauty. Every thing was still in bags at noon. He was happy to hear the meeting went well and said he just got his UV system installed so he was pleased with that too.

Tom

fishn1
02/04/2004, 06:46 PM
I was there myself last night,..picked up some sand from him,..you are right,..he was "pumped" we had a good talk
Greg

JJM
02/04/2004, 08:14 PM
I will modestly take credit for the Greenbank tip...He was and will be very willing to work with us. I am trying to get the after hours tour / sale date for DRC established ,..probably late this month / early next

MadTownMax
02/04/2004, 10:42 PM
Might be a good idea to have it coordinate with when he gets in his "monster" shipment, just to get a good quick turn-around for him - you know you can't beat his prices either, I might feel guilty getting something "on sale";)

JJM
02/05/2004, 06:48 AM
That type of timing will be the plan , I will arrange. Saw him yesterday and he's quite please with his descision to sponsor and support us. I need to stop in today and post our next flyer.