PDA

View Full Version : Still having BTA problems

darcitananda
07/24/2001, 11:54 AM
Hi,
I inherited 2 BTA's. They are quite small, about 2 inches across, and have been mostly closed up since I got them a week and half ago.

I've been attempting to feed them krill, and they sort of eat, but I have 2 false percs that have adopted a toadstool leather, and the little buggers go and steal the food from the anemone and "feed" it to the leather, which of course doesn't eat that sort of thing!

I'm so frustrated, and scared that they are going to die. This morning one of them relocated and was nowhere to be found.

I also have some homemade food that has some fresh fish, shrimp, selcon, golden pearls that I might try to feed today.

Is it 100% necessary that I manually feed these anemones? can they get enough nutrition from the food that I feed the tank?

Rick
07/24/2001, 03:20 PM
They can go for awhile without feeding .some people don't feed them at all . I'm sure they feed there tanks heavy though . I would feed at least once every 2 weeks . I feed mine once a week . I simply cut a piece of shrimp ,scallops,silversides,or whatever seafood fish I have frozen,and give them 3 pieces of one of these things on the weekend . They seem to eat anything .
What kind of lighting do you have ? Not all of these anems like intense lighting . If they came from a low light tank it might just take them time to adjust . They will find the spot they like and usually stay put . If you can't see the one that moved don't try to find it ,he'll start moving around again if its needs aren't met ,unless it got sucked up into a power head or something .