PDA

View Full Version : Feb. 8th Meeting

Coralfreak
01/19/2004, 10:35 PM
The next meeting of the Greater Iowa Reef Society will take place on Feb. 8th @ 2pm at the Iowa City Public Library. Directions to the library, take the Dubuque Street Exit off of I-80 and go all the way to Washington Street. Go East (left) on Washington for 1 block to Linn Street. Go South (right) on Linn. You will see the library on the right under construction. It is best to park in the ramp South of the Library.

Click here for Mapquest directions (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=123+S.Linn+St&city=Iowa+City&state=IA&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map)

This will be a hands on meeting, discussing test kits and additives. Please bring along any test kits you have, it does not matter what kind they are, we will be comparing the differences between kits. Also bring along your hydrometers. Anyone who wants may also bring a sample of their tank water. A discussion of flow in the reef aquarium will also be included.

We will also be discussing the advantages and disadvantages of dosing Kalk and the correct way to do so. Along with this will be any questions from last months topic of calcium reactors.

There will also be a discussion on tank start-up, including but not limited to the nitrogen cycle.

This will be a good meeting with lots of informative discussion, I hope to see all of you there, and some new faces as well:)

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to email or PM myself, or any of the board members.

Be sure to plan on attending the March meeting in Des Moines, Mitch Carl from the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha will be giving a Powerpoint presentation on Coral Propagation.

www.greateriowareefsociety.com (http://www.greateriowareefsociety.com)

Allen

Coralfreak
01/25/2004, 09:37 AM
up

Weege
01/28/2004, 07:20 AM
Hey...

Looks like this will be a great meeting. I wish it weren't so far to drive. Lots of really good discussion topics. I'll look forward to checking out the notes from the meeting.

Dan