PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Seven Seas

slash7
07/23/2001, 12:43 PM
Seven Seas is temporarily closed due to a fire at the restaurant next door. Not sure at this time when they will reopen. If I find any more info I'll be sure to post it, and if any of you have some info, I'd like to hear it.

slash7
10/25/2001, 11:59 AM
I received this e-mail this morning from Seven Seas. Good news to be sure!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just signed a lease at the SandLake Center across from Jamestown plaza,
we'll be opening shortly, and look forward to seeing you on a weekly basis.
Same phone #. 407-682-2500
Call us if you need anything.
Thank
Susan Seven Seas
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blindshrimp
11/03/2001, 11:51 PM
Ran into George and his wife last night at a local fish store (go figure!). They indicated an opening in ~2 weeks. He sounds really excited about his new setup and the space. His wife will be managing the store.

The location is in a strip mall behind the 7-11 at Lake Brantley and 434. (If you want to go and peek it is the space next to the uniform store - the part that is papered up is the store-store and I think the place with blinds next to it is going to be the office.)

Anyway, last time George opened up he had really great deals on corals for the first few months....

-blindshrimp

slash7
12/15/2001, 08:48 PM
Seven Seas opened in their new location today, 12-15. The store looks great, he's got lots more space than before and many more tanks. The tanks have just cycled so there isn't a lot of livestock yet, just a small selection of fish. George said he's getting his first big shipment in Monday. I was very impressed with the new store, Seven Seas always had the best selection of corals and inverts in town and now that they have so much more room I expect that it will be even better. Stop by and welcome them back.

Lutefisk
12/18/2001, 06:16 PM
I was able to stop by this afternoon to see the new store. As Slash said, there was the first shipment of marine fish and they had just received their first coral shipment (a mix of LPS and softies). It really looks like George is going to do it right. He'll have three vats for live rock, a vat of live sand, a couple of big tanks for corals, and of course a good selection of fish. They are expecting their first shipment of inverts today.

So - sometime over the next couple of weeks you might want to wander over that direction. He has great plans for once again having one of the better selections in town.

Paul

anative
12/18/2001, 10:52 PM
Stopped by this evening and it is looking good. He got the Inverts while we were there. I like the layout and the fact that they will have such a variety of live rock available.

Jon