PDA

View Full Version : Premium Aquatics

SawCJack00
07/20/2001, 09:18 AM
I needed to get my new 400W dual PFO ballast and Iwasaki bulbs before this weekend, but was having problems getting the order in online. I sent an email to Jason at PA around 3PM with my order. I wasn't sure that they got it so I called and left a message, then called once more about 20 minutes later. The second time I called, Melissa informed me that they got the order, and that it had already shipped out. I received it 2 days later (yesterday). THAT IS FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE. I ordered a half hour before UPS picks up on a Tuesday afternoon, and still received my items in plenty of time to execute my switchover on schedule. PA definitely has a customer for life in me. Thanks again Jason and Melissa.:D :D :D

cubera
07/20/2001, 02:23 PM
PA has come through for us when other places would not give us the time of day. We remain loyal customers of PA 'cause they have earned our business over and over again. Truly 'premium'!!

Rovert
07/21/2001, 10:08 AM
Ditto your experiences. These guys are great!

junkzoo
07/21/2001, 09:33 PM
Went to Premium's "local" walk-in Saturday day today,,,VERY pleased and got some good stuff and a GREAT price!:D well worth the 4 1/2 hr round trip ! place was busy and the farthest out of state plate was Kentucky,,,, took a first-timer there today , and he was very happy with the selection and prices! he wants to go back again in two weeks! (me too!) this place is the hobbiest "candy store" !!! other places could take lessons from Jason and Mellisa on how to run a shop and please customers! always a pleasure to deal with and great selection and prices ! the way is ought to be! On-line ordering or in person,,,,Premium Aquatics is one of the best places around!Thanks, Jason and Mellisa and crew!! will be there again soon.

es53
07/23/2001, 10:26 AM
As usual, Jason is great. There was a mix-up in my order and Jason sent the correct item out Priority Mail to correct the error. You just can't beat PA's customer service! :)
I've ordered from them several times and they've always been great. (dry goods & livestock)

wanecek
07/26/2001, 04:56 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know my positive experience with Premium Aquatics Live Rock. I know everyone out there is looking for a good pice of live rock and I just wanted to recomend them.

First, they were polite and helpful.

Second, the size and shapes are the best part of the live rock. Very easy to use to build reefs. I wanted to be able to build caves and little holes for my fish and inverts. Now they have some cool places to swim and hide or just hang out, but I still can see them.

I already had live rock from a previous store and most of the rock's shape looked like a softball. Very hard to build a reef with caves.

The live rock had 50% to 75% coraline algae growing on it with some other little creatures growing on it. I am sure that in a couple of months the new live rock will have 100% coraline algae on it because I am constantly having to scrap it off the glass.

Great rock and customer service. I have bought most of my supplies through PA and have never had any problems with them.

Thanks Jason and Mellissa!

Michael Wanecek

chromis
07/26/2001, 09:28 PM
I agree, Thank you Jason and Melissa! I ordered 90 pounds of rock and told them what shapes I wanted and they picked the exact shapes! It was as good as picking it out myself! I will reccomend PA to anyone for anything!

THanks PA
Andrew

ksheely
07/29/2001, 11:36 PM
i live 5 minutes from the store and i just call up there on the weekday and i go up there and get it if i have a problem they are great

Snailman
07/30/2001, 05:40 AM
ksheely

[welcome]

craig thompson
07/30/2001, 10:19 AM
I tried to make an order this weekend, but could not make the web site take the order. I sent an email to Jason telling him what I wanted and since I had ordered from him beforehe had all the info about me on file. I was ordering 2 icecap fans , I told him that I had seen them at marine depot for a cheaper price. I asked if he could match and he said no problem. They are going out Monday for Wednesday delivery.

this is my second order in the last month and a half. Jason came through again. I am thinking about lights now.
Craig

bigdogpaul
08/03/2001, 05:56 PM
I also tried ordering on July 30th when their system was having problems. However, I cut & paste the information and sent it to Jason. Here is his reply:

Thanks for the order. I had been trying all weekend to get that shopping cart program fixed, the manufacture or our host wasn't any help at all. I probably lost 60 orders because of it. Your error code you just emailed showed me the problem and i was able to fix it myself in 30 seconds. Couldn't believe it. So thank you very much and you're order is shipping completely FREE of charge (items and shipping FREE) for the help.

So, I got my whole order for FREE! (Yeah, I wished I ordered more.) It arrived the next morning via Federal Express. In his haste, Jason shipped me one part wrong and missed a quantity of 2 on one item. I contacted him and he shipped the replacement part and the missed item, also for FREE. It also arrived promptly the next morning.

I am also in sales, and I know that this kind of service is what builds clients for life. I have ordered from them before, and have always been very pleased. This experience however, went way beyond the call....

SawCJack00
08/07/2001, 02:34 PM
Just got another fantastic order from PA. They have switched from UPS ground to Airborne Express ground, and from PA to my house in MN it came overnight! Gotta love that. Thanks again Jason!!!

craig thompson
08/07/2001, 07:36 PM
"Just got another fantastic order from PA. They have switched from UPS ground to Airborne Express ground, and from PA to my house in MN it came overnight! Gotta love that. Thanks again Jason!!!
"

gotta love it since I work for Aiborne, maybe my email from work to him added a little push. I did not say anything just had the tag on my email.

Thanks again Jason

Craig

Bubafat
08/08/2001, 01:17 AM
I just made an excellent order with jason. Fast and reliable as ever. My only complaint is that EVERY time I've either called, or made an order on the phone, the person answering the phone (melissa, I'm assuming), sounds and acts like I am annoying her and that my bussiness is not appreciated. The first time I thought she may have just been having a bad day, heck, I work at a LFS, I know how rude some customers can be, but after 2 more calls, I found she is always like this. I try to think of myself as a fairly considerate person, but I don't think that a simple thank you after I place an order is out of the question. I don't want to offend Jason at all as his customer service is excellent (he must LIVE on his computer) but I felt that one must evaluate the entire experience.

The moral to the story: Will I order from them again, FOR SURE, but I will use their online ordering from now on.

Buba

junkzoo
08/09/2001, 09:06 AM
In response to Bubafat's comments on phone orders with Premium,i can tell you that the person that you talked to was more than likely NOT Mellisa,but another person who may or may not been there currently,(was there a few Saturday's ago ,and the person in question was not there,,,) there have been a few threads a bit back here or on another board,and this "problem" was discussed and i believed remedied, i've been to Premium during the week to pick up things pre-planned,while they were "closed" to local customers, only to see Jason and Mellisa and crew answer the phone calls and orders while running around the place ,unloading livestock and dry goods,via headset phones.annoyance might have been mistaken for being busy unloading live rock while taking a phone order,(i can imagine my phone manners might be taken for "bothersome" when i'm in the middle of a water change at home ):mad: i get tired just watching those folks work at Premium!:D . i know the times i call or email Premium, i pretty sure they are doing three things at once during my calls.(been there ,seen that) Bubbafat,i bet the next time you call in ,you will know for sure when and if you talk to Mellisa. i like to thing that this may have been a situation that occured that happened during a time that these folks were "humping" to give us the kind of service that has made Premium the place it's known for ,,hard work and great service to us !:D

Ertan
08/09/2001, 11:49 AM
My only complaint is that EVERY time I've either called, or made an order on the phone, the person answering the phone (melissa, I'm assuming), sounds and acts like I am annoying her and that my business is not appreciated.

I thought that I’m the only one who fells like that….

I felt the same way the other day then I chanced my mind, I said you know what I don’t want to order from them. (Because this is the second time that happened to me)

But if I need something next time I’ll call again becasue They are one of the reliable source

Thanks,
Ertan

Rovert
08/09/2001, 12:47 PM
Ertan, the young lady you're speaking of is not Melissa, but (I think...) Melanie. Yes, she is a bit... uh... 'low key', but technically, she's not a sales professional, but does have to help out sometimes to keep the business going when they get busy. My understanding is that she's a honest person, and a hard worker, and in this day and age, that outweighs a funny, entertaining, lazy person. :D

HTH.

chromis
08/09/2001, 04:44 PM
wait, is that the same person who is on the answering machine? Thats the person I always talk to.

Snailman
08/09/2001, 05:30 PM
This is the main reason that I use e-commerce every chance I can no matter what I am buying. I can do it when I want to not when they are open and I don't have to be in a hurry or deal with someone that is busy or not interested or whatever. :)

Bubafat
08/09/2001, 08:40 PM
I appologise if I said that it may be mellissa, I said it MAY have been her, but I wasn't sure. Honest people are nessisary, but seriously, in that line of work, people skills are a must.

Did this last order online, talk about FAST, ordered a 400w bulb and 2 days later it was at my front door, talk about fast!!! Love jason! These guys are AWESOME! If they can keep this level of customer service up, they will get ALL of my bussiness.

Buba