PDA

View Full Version : Moving my reef to Green Bay.

Aquabucket
01/18/2004, 02:51 AM
I will be moving back to Green Bay from Naples Fl. to be with family for awhile.

I will probably join the WRS in a month or so.

I look forward to meeting some fellow reefers.

Any help, advice, or comments on LFS would be great.

I will be traveling to Brewtown and Chitown from time to time.

In the meantime I have beeen stocking up on some nice ORA frags that my LFS has been selling down here in FL.

MiddletonMark
01/18/2004, 09:41 AM
We'll be glad to have you in WRS :D

I'd say check out goochscorals.com ... he runs a nice shop in Green Bay, far more in person than on the site, and a nice guy taboot. For corals, he beats most other stores around here in nice selection, price.

Aquabucket
01/18/2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks MM.

I already sent a PM to Gooch. Sounds like he has a better set-up than anything down here in SW FL.

Are Riccordias expensive up there?

I can get them down here for five bucks a head. Nice sized ones too.

I can also get ORA frags right now and will bring up a few to trade.

Look forward to meeting you all.

MiddletonMark
01/18/2004, 11:53 AM
I would bring up ricordeas to trade as well ... and some nice ORA colonies [esp blue tort] .... I'm sure both would make you some friends.

Ric's are not too common around these parts. Can order them in ... but rarely does one find really nice colored ones for cheap at all. I'd say double your price?

ORA frags can be ordered in often, but some of the more highly desired ones you gotta get in a wait list as mostly mailorder. I do have the ORA `blue' monti digitata ... and it's growing like a weed so I'll probably be sharing that around in another few months.
But am very interested in trying some Ricordia, and of course I've heard too much about the blue tort not to want to try that ones too ...

Anyway, that's just my perspective, but I can tell you I don't see the variety of Ricordia around here that I see in folks tank shots from elsewhere. All are ordered in, and they're not cheap then. Would happily trade some SPS or other corals to try a couple.

---
As for gooch, maybe emailing him off his site would be better.

Not sure how much time he has for RC ... with a half dozen 6' tanks, some rubbermaid frag setups ... never mind being married, spending time with his kids, and having another whole job. He's a stand-up guy ... but probably just really busy to check PM's, etc. Email might be best ... but I'm not sure.

Aquabucket
01/18/2004, 12:22 PM
<i>As for gooch, maybe emailing him off his site would be better.</i>

He responded to my PM right away. I told him I heard nothing but good things about his business.

I will nabb some more Riccordias then.

Have not seen the ORA blue torts though as they are very highly desired by many.

My LFS is selling the ORA frags for fifteen bucks a peice, is that what you would pay up there?

MiddletonMark
01/18/2004, 12:37 PM
Actually, most I know who've got them ordered mailorder online. Few LFS around here stock, at least in Madison. I dunno about Milwaukee.

Plus, I know at least a couple are fairly wide-traded here [green slimer] ... though still probably desirable to some.

Have a link with a list/info on what you can get?

Aquabucket
01/18/2004, 01:50 PM
<i>Have a link with a list/info on what you can get?</i>

No list just what my LFS gets in. I will see if I can order from a list but I don't have much more time here.

percula3
02/13/2004, 04:35 PM
Another good one is Aquatic Imports its on Clay St.. I gust baught a strip light today from him. Very knowledgable. Prices aren't to bad either.

Niven
02/27/2004, 12:35 PM
percula, go to Gooch's.