PDA

View Full Version : Two True Percula Clowns Need treatment!!

Reefer135
07/22/2001, 08:53 PM
I have a 2 paried False Clowns showing signs of Ich, and secondary infections. I took them out of my reef tank and put them into my Q-tank. I'm going to use copper in it to treat the ich. Can I also use "Maracyn-Two" at the same time for the secondary infections? Also I've seen that my Maracyn-Two is for Freshwater. Can this be used in saltwater, and is the doseage the same? It's a 20 gal q-tank with just a bio-weel filter (I took out the carbon), a heater, and a light. Also very, very little araginite substrate on the bottom from my reef tanks calcium reactor (left-overs).

Thanks for you help!

Terry B
07/22/2001, 10:44 PM
Are these new wild caught clowns? How do you know that it is ich and not something else? Yes, you can use M2 with copper, but hyposalinity works just as well for ich and it is not stressful like copper. If you use copper then use Cupramine because it is the best.
Terry B

Reefer135
07/23/2001, 12:05 AM
They are new to my tank (2 weeks). But I was told that they are tank raised clowns, and are a pair. I am using Cupramine copper in it. I've already started it earlier today. The thing I'm a little worried about now is that I just tested the S.G. in my q-tank and it's at 1.022. My display reef tank, that they came from is at 1.024. I slowly acclimated them to the q-tank to adjust there temp and S.G. You didn't say if I could use the "M2 for freashwater" in my saltwater tank? And if there is a difference in dosage?

Thanks for the help.

Terry B
07/23/2001, 12:48 AM
Test the copper level twice a day and add as needed. Yes. you can use the FW formula of M2, but it doesn't contain vitmains that would help. Either way, use the double dose like directed for the first day each day of treatment.
Terry B