PDA

View Full Version : Poll to expand this club's activities

Reefanatic67
01/16/2004, 11:00 AM
I decided to post a poll...and after a week or so, we'll decide what to do next.

Manny..........

canes218
01/16/2004, 02:49 PM
Hey Manny I voted to expand the club activities. Meetings would be cool just to discuss our setups with people that understand the obsession.
Frag swaps and sponsor discounts would be a definite plus. If we decide to do it I would be glad to help out in any way I can.

Andy

Reefanatic67
01/17/2004, 07:58 PM
21 views and only two posts.......

Treeman
01/18/2004, 09:53 PM
Hey Manny,

I would vote but I don't think mine would count since I would not be able to get to Miami.(its hard enough to get to FMAS sometimes) Otherwise I will always help or lend my 2 cents.

Reefanatic67
01/19/2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Treeman
Hey Manny,

I would vote but I don't think mine would count since I would not be able to get to Miami.(its hard enough to get to FMAS sometimes) Otherwise I will always help or lend my 2 cents.

Hey Matt.....I'm not to overly concerned about you as I know your situation.....but how 'bout the other 18 views (21 minus yours Andy's and mine)........

R U still interested in the BTA. Still here and getting bigger! Fatboy is up to 2 pieces of krill a day. It is still a baby though....I was feeding the original 3 per day until it split. Now I only feed it every other day, just 1 piece of krill and whatever the clown brings it.

Manny........

PS - When is the next FMAS meeting....I'm in town this week.

Reefanatic67
01/19/2004, 08:01 AM
Actually, I've been corrected, I see a third vote! :D Keep 'em coming guys!

sonic
01/19/2004, 04:21 PM
New on this forum but I voted to expand club activities. We could have a frag meet at my appartment if you guys wanted.

RicksReefs
01/19/2004, 04:25 PM
i'm with treeman, it's to far of a haul for me. :(

Treeman
01/19/2004, 09:08 PM
Hey Manny,

The next meeting is Jan 27 at IGFA. I will be there if I don't pull a stupid move and forget all about it like last time!

Yes I still want the BTA. I will be here this weekend if you want to come up or I can meet you.

Hey Rick,

What you been doing? I heard that you were setting up a greenhouse. Give me a call if you want.

Reefanatic67
01/19/2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ricksreef
i'm with treeman, it's to far of a haul for me. :(

Come on Rick...it ain't that bad! It only took me 2 hours to get to your house last time! :D You can pick up Matt, and make it a road trip. Heck, tell Rocky to drive over from the left coast and make it a three some.
I'll supply the beer! :beer:

Originally posted by sonic
i'm New on this forum but I voted to expand club activities. We could have a frag meet at my appartment if you guys wanted.

Thanks Sonic. You know, we will take you up on the offer! :D Since you are the new guy, we'll even make you drive to Wendys for some burgers. ;) j/k

Actually, if you all want to do this, I'm in. My only caveat is it must be on a weekend. I tend to travel during the week, so the weekend is my only free time. (if there is such a thing)

Manny.............

Reefanatic67
01/19/2004, 09:18 PM
Hey Manny,

The next meeting is Jan 27 at IGFA. I will be there if I don't pull a stupid move and forget all about it like last time!

Yes I still want the BTA. I will be here this weekend if you want to come up or I can meet you.

Hey Rick,

What you been doing? I heard that you were setting up a greenhouse. Give me a call if you want.

Moi forget about it, never happend! :rolleyes:

At what time....my sons soccer game ends at 6PM on that day. if I can go, I'll bring the BTA up to ya then.

If not, I'll come up to your place this weekend. I gotta see the expansion project!

RicksReefs
01/19/2004, 10:41 PM
Hey Rick,

i was planning to, but it looks like me & the wife
are gonna be gettin' back into our own house in
a few months (i'm renting now), so i'm gonna hold
off on the GH till we get there & then i'm goin'
frikkin' nuts & following rockys lead & build it better
than it was before :D :cool: .
(my ONLY stipulations to the wife were a good backyard
& a southern exposure :D )(& no 'developments' :mad: )

sonic
01/19/2004, 10:43 PM
treeman, could you give more info on this meet thats happening the 27th?

shoot, since I'm the new guy I guess I'll have to do it :lol:

same here, I'm only free on the weekends and even then I'm ussually out fishing but I can always make time. How bout a month from now, that should give everyone time to make arrangents, is that too soon? too far away?

also, I just created a new yahoo group for us, heres the info:

Group name: SFRA
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFRA
Group email: SFRA@yahoogroups.com

Oliver.

RicksReefs
01/19/2004, 10:44 PM
heck manny, make it an overnighter then all four
of us can head to the keys for a little diving :cool:
i'll already be 1/2 way there. :bum:

Treeman
01/20/2004, 09:35 PM
Hey Rick,

An overnighter to the keys sounds good to me. But I don't know about diving. Its way to cold. :) I was in the water a couple of weeks ago and that was cold enough for me.

Sonic,

The meeting is at IGFA in Dania. Look here on RC-clubs. It is the FMAS club. It should have directions. Starts about 7-7:30 pm I think. They are having 2 great speakers this meeting.

Manny,

I can meet you this weekend if you want, I have a thing Sat night. But other than that I think I'm free, But, You never know with the boss around.:)

Reefanatic67
01/21/2004, 08:52 AM
heck manny, make it an overnighter then all four
of us can head to the keys for a little diving :cool:
i'll already be 1/2 way there. :bum:

Actually, if you come to my house...we are only 45 minutes away from Key Largo! ;)

But I'm with Matt....the water is too damn cold! Sorry, born and raised in Miami! I know you folks from Boston or the N.E. are just rolling their eyes now! I did spent a lot of time in NY & NJ, and I honestly don't know how you guys even go near that water, even in the summer. Freeking cold! :eek1:

Matt, I'll give you a buzz over the weekend, the boss may have other plans for me....I was trying to be sneaky and get out of working the honey do list!

RicksReefs
01/21/2004, 04:34 PM
you guys need to get wetsuits ;)
but i've already booked this for thxgiving week:

http://www.seabirdkey.com/

maybe you can come hobnob with the island folk
for a day of diving then :bum: :D

Reefanatic67
01/22/2004, 09:05 AM
Dang Rick!:eek2: :eek1:

BTW - I do own a wetsuit...still to damn cold!:p

you guys need to get wetsuits ;)
but i've already booked this for thxgiving week:

http://www.seabirdkey.com/

maybe you can come hobnob with the island folk
for a day of diving then :bum: :D

RicksReefs
01/22/2004, 04:27 PM
it's actually a pretty cheap deal if you max it out (8).
it works out to under 1K for a week in the keys with
a boat & the rest of the stuff. :cool:

so i guess the boston dive is out.
(now THAT's wetsuit water ;) )

scubadude
01/25/2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Reefanatic67
Heck, tell Rocky to drive over from the left coast and make it a three some.
I'll supply the beer! :beer:

My two favorite words

beer
threesome

uhhh wait a second...there needs to be women though :lol:

Seriously though guys, ya know I would love to come hang out over there but they just started a new Reef Club over in my neck of the woods (Well sarasota county...alot closer) and I been busy workin on the greenhouse so time is very short right now....Im trying to get alot of stuff done so hopefully by spring I will be able to start going over that area alot more and do some diving/playing.

Dont get too wild w/out me :P