PDA

View Full Version : Pendant hanger ideas

imsqueak
01/14/2004, 09:46 PM
We've been searchin and searchin for some nice oceanic, fish, shell, coral style brackets to hang the MHs on. Cant find anything online... If you've seen any at HD, Lowes or any other place, pls let me know. If your surfin bc there's nothing on tv, could you help me in my quest? I can't find anything that's has an ocean theme hanger that will reach out 2.5ft from the wall and hold, maybe 40lbs of lights (preferably able to hold 100lbs!). It's cath. ceiling so hanging from the ceiling with anything is not a good option.

Any ideas?

Back to the quest I go....

Sir Knight
01/14/2004, 09:58 PM
Don,
Why not make an extension from your stand?
That's what I'm doing. I should have some pictures of it tomorrow.
Your can stain it to match your stand, that you are making. I painted mine black to match my stand. I made it out of 2"x4".

Just an Idea :beer:

awcurl
01/14/2004, 10:11 PM
Check out a metal working shop. The type that make hand rails and wrought iron. They can make you something custom. There's a place on Western, but I can't recall the name.

Art

imsqueak
01/15/2004, 07:05 PM
Joe, I thought of that, but I prefer something totally separate. Actually, Pauline wanted to get new curtain rods for the rest of the room so we thought about tying it in with the tank. So I figured I could use a bar with the same end-thingies but they dont seem to make the wall mounts that will stick out 2' from the wall and hold the weight I'm looking at. Then I thought about L brackets with some kind of oceanic design.

Art, that's a good idea. I'll do some searching on that...

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Don

awcurl
01/15/2004, 09:35 PM
Don,

How about something like this.
[/URL]
Here is where they sell them online.
[url]http://store.yahoo.com/vintagewoodworks/brackets.html (http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jan/20041156280322489591047.jpg)

They also sell them at most home inprovement stores.:thumbsup: