PDA

View Full Version : Starting out ... looking for equiptment

Ball
01/13/2004, 09:25 AM
Im starting a new tank. I was wondering if anyone here has any items for sale. I have a 55 gallon. Im looking for a good external pump, a sump, skimmer. I would also like a better stand. All I have now is the tank and lights. Thanks.

bmccune
01/13/2004, 09:33 AM
Hey Ball,

The best thing to do is to aquire your equi pment slowly and over time. You can always go out and dump a ton of cash and get everything you need today... but the time taken to research and design your system is half of the battle (ehh... I mean fun).

I purchased all of my equipment over the past year for my 190 gallon reef tank. Much was used... and I think that I saved a tremendous amount of $$ in doing so. Just remember, it's sometimes not worth the time to try to find something online if your only gonna save a couple of bucks... It's the big ticket items like pumps and lights that you want to keep an eye out for.

Sometimes custom searches on ebay can be helpful too. This way, you don't have to continually search. Just figure out what components you will need, and set up the searches. You can usually find just about everything on eBay!

Good Luck!

-Brian

dellrio
01/13/2004, 09:51 AM
I have a sump refugium setup i would sell for $25 if you are interested... It is a tidepool sump (no bio ball wouldnt want it for a reef anyways) but all three filter traysand it also has a 20 gallon rubbermaid plumbed into the side. It you didn't want the rubbermaid you could cut the pipe going to it and use it for an external pump outlet. If your interested please let me know.

Nick

I may have some other stuff you might want as well.

Ball
01/13/2004, 10:03 AM
Im interested. Do you have a pic? What are the dimensions of the total setup. I have to make sure it would fit in my stand. Thanks!

dellrio
01/13/2004, 01:07 PM
it wont fit in your stand it would have to be behind it and would require your tank to be minimum 30 inches from any wall - i should have stated that before - the dimensions are 48"L X 30 W

dellrio
01/13/2004, 01:18 PM
Actually when i pulled it out of my storage space to take a pic i accidently cracked it... Sorry Ball

Ball
01/13/2004, 01:30 PM
doh!