PDA

View Full Version : Can we help in someway

AcroporaUK
01/13/2004, 09:20 AM
Resplendent Angel

Many of you may be aware, Centropyge Resplendent, is edemic to the Ascention Islands located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and we have not seen them in the aquatic trade for many years.

Like any species, which is endemic, their chances of long term survival in the wild is much reduced. As a result of reading an Under Water Monitoring Report, which includes statistics on Centropyge Resplendent (referred to as the Splendid Angel), I began to wonder how we collectively may be able to help.

http://www.ascensionconservation.org.ac/HTML/Marine.htm

I feel we all have a responsibility to helpout with conservation projects such as this, or submit suggestions to ensure the long term survival of species.

Here's a few suggestions:

1. Provide financial support to the monitoring programme which has been proposed, perhaps donations could be collected in a similar way to that used on the web site for procuring nets.

2. We could support the proposal to set up an aquarium within the conservation office, through provision of equipment, although I,m not in favour of particularly vulnerable species being put into aquaria.

3. We find the 'worlds leading expert' in breeding angels and submit a proposal to commence a thoroughly professional, scientific breeding programme.

Your help and assistance would be very much appreciated.

Yours in anticipation

Martin Lakin
Rochester, England

DJ88©
01/14/2004, 11:07 AM
[moved]

minfinger
01/14/2004, 11:11 AM
Is this for conservation of just Angel fish?