PDA

View Full Version : JSM & Dellrio - here's that anemone

KelKoolaid
01/12/2004, 11:09 PM
Here's the "long-tenicale purple" that I was asking about at the meeting SUN. We agreed it looks more like a mushroom, what about a rock anemone? let me know what you think of it. Is it unusual? Should I keep or return it, they already agreed to take it back.

dellrio
01/13/2004, 12:34 AM
thats no long tenticle
lloks like a hairy shroom...
i dont know much about rock anemones..

if u think its pretty.. keep it... if its ugly.. return it... i think its pretty cool.. hard to see.. but cool...
try posting this pict in the Clownfish and Anemone forum in the main RC..

i think its pretty cool though... but.. i think all anemones r cool..

Atticus
01/13/2004, 11:03 AM
Whatever it is it is definatly a cool color. It does resemble my hairy shrooms, but it also looks like my bubble tip anemone. I am definatly not saying it is an anemone, but it looks like it could be. Does it eat and is it sticky?

dellrio
01/13/2004, 07:32 PM
i thought bubble tip too.. but purple? never heard of a purple bta.. what about a baby ritteri/// they r purple soemtimes/..

Aaron1100us
01/13/2004, 07:37 PM
Yep, I'd say hairy mushroom, got two just like it.

dellrio
01/13/2004, 07:41 PM
yea it looks most like a hairy shroom.. but she said she bought it free floating in a bag of water and it had an obvious food..
what color is the foot?

LauraBay
01/13/2004, 09:45 PM
Hi,

I'd post your pic in the anemone specialty forum and you should get some pretty good answers. I'd vote for some type of anemone as opposed to a mushroom. A closer up pic would help - especially of the tentacles and mouth.

Looks nice.

Laura

KelKoolaid
01/14/2004, 12:01 AM
it has a flat/slit mouth opposed to a raised mouth like a shroom. It did eat tonight a piece of krill. here's another pic. I'm leaning toward a rock anemone. But this was ordered in for me, and like Janna said sometimes they subsitute an order. I don't think she looked at invoice very well.

dellrio
01/14/2004, 12:43 AM
bubble tip? either way.. its beautiful.....

dknape
01/15/2004, 01:21 PM
Funny,

Looks exactly like the Green Mini-Carpet I got from DELLRIO on Sunday. :-) Could be the lighting that makes it look just like mine.

My vote is that it's a Green Mini-Carpet.

dellrio
01/15/2004, 04:42 PM
mini carpets only get as large as a quarter... this anemone she has is much too large.. plus this has no green.. and basically all mini carpets are identical...

KelKoolaid
01/17/2004, 02:01 AM
I had 2 agree there it's a bleached sebae. I didn't ask back, but it looks anything but bleached. Solid purple, hot pink tips. moving it this weekend to sand in front will get a better pic

dellrio
01/17/2004, 10:41 AM
Seabaes often won't attatch to live rock... thats why i wouldnt have guessed... i think its real nice.. never have seen a sebae with pink tips.. eithe way.. sounds like a keeper! Has your clown gone near it at all?

LauraBay
01/17/2004, 11:09 AM
After taking another look I think they nailed it. When they say bleached I think they are referring to the general lack of color in the "body" of the anemone - not the tips. I can see that it has a purple tint to it but it doesn't look like there is much depth to the color. If you decide to keep this and give it the right conditions the body will probably turn the typical yellowish color you see in sebaes - the tips should stay purple.

HTH, Laura

reefcrazy00246
01/18/2004, 12:44 AM
yeah, that second pict looks like a sebae to me too. I read a thread on RC here not too long ago that said almost all sebaes are bleached and that is why they have that white color to them, and if you keep them long enough they will "color up" which is when the, now white area, will turn a brownish/purplish color...like laura said.