PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my new buddy

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 07:46 PM
Here's a link to a pic of the new guy in my tank. It's not an actual pic of my gal, but rather one I found on the net.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=22192&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Tagamet

JonK
01/12/2004, 08:07 PM
That's a nice looking fish...I will probably stop by American Aquarium tomorrow to see what they get in. I never buy anything cause I think I have too many fish already but I am certainly tempted sometimes.

Do you think I have any more room in my 90:

Current fish inhabitants:
Sailfin Tang
Breeding Pair of Banggai Cardinals
4 Blue Chromis
1 Tomato clown
1 Bicolor psuedochromis

When I hook up my other 90 for a sump I might sneak another fish or two in my tank.

Jon

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by JonK
That's a nice looking fish...I will probably stop by American Aquarium tomorrow to see what they get in. I never buy anything cause I think I have too many fish already but I am certainly tempted sometimes.
Do you think I have any more room in my 90:
Current fish inhabitants:
Sailfin Tang
Breeding Pair of Banggai Cardinals
4 Blue Chromis
1 Tomato clown
1 Bicolor psuedochromis
When I hook up my other 90 for a sump I might sneak another fish or two in my tank.
Jon

If you "lost" the sailfin, you'd have room for a FEW more fish, but that sailfin is going to out grow your tank. Ask Picasso Mike about the sailfin I just gave him. These guys get HUGE and need at least 4 feet swimming runs, before they need to turn around. If you didn't have the tang and added the sump, your carrying capacity would allow several more inches of adult fish (6-8?). That assumes that you have 1.5 to 2 pounds of LR per gallon.
JMO,
Tagamet

ByTor
01/12/2004, 10:12 PM
Puuuuuuuuurty are ya gonna call her Geri? Is she eating? Now to find a male Gericanthus _melanospilus A spwaning pair would be cool!

Sailfins
If fed well a sailfin can grow to the sizew of a dinner plate in a few years time.. I grew me a pair of hippo tangs from little half inch fingerlings into a panfish in 2 yrs. time.
Caght! them both with a #26 barbless hook, tipped with a nibble of fresh shrimp. :D They never knew they were caght. That is until I grabbed them. The shade of perple neon they each changed to. WOW!

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by ByTor
Puuuuuuuuurty are ya gonna call her Geri? Is she eating? Now to find a male Gericanthus _melanospilus A spwaning pair would be cool!

I have a thread going about them and some say that they are "gender benders" like clowns. By getting a pair of females, one may actually morph into a male (which do look TOTALLY different). I'm tempted to get a second female and hope that it *doesn't* change. The females are a LOT prettier to my eye. No one mentioned whether they breed in captivity. I'll post to that thread and ask.
Thanks,
Tagamet

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 10:45 PM
In case anyone is interested in info on this fish, here's the thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297511

Tagamet

ByTor
01/12/2004, 10:54 PM
Any thing is possible... House them as well as you can. Then time will tell.

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ByTor
Any thing is possible... House them as well as you can. Then time will tell.

Thanks for the info link. I definitely wouldn't mind if they just stayed females. Actually, that would be kinda kinky (lol). They could always adopt.....

Tagamet