PDA

View Full Version : Lots of stuff for Sale

ToddsReef
01/12/2004, 04:51 PM
Upstate Reefers,

As I mentioned in October, I am getting out of the hobby. I didn't have time to actually go through the process of doing so until now. I have the following stuff available. I'm asking about 1/2 of the original cost for things.

Todd

http://users.adelphia.net/~tjwhitman/

Live-Rock (most is 2-3 years old, some has corals on it, see my website for degree of coralline etc.)...$6/pound

Lifereef Sump $300 (includes two canisters)

Iwaki WMD30 Pumps $65 each (have 2)

Lifereef Calcium reactor $340 (includes LCR1, 5lb aluminum tank, needle valve and gauge kit, quick disconnects, and two containers of ARM media for a total of $686 plus shipping)

Chiller (1/4 horsepower inline aqualogic) $685 new...sell for $340

Battery backup including Trojan battery $250

Aquacontroller II with 6 of the X10's and the newer software $250

Spectrapure auto-topoff with extra container control $164 new...sell for $82

Matrix carbon $8

LiterMiter $135

Mag 3 (still in box) $20

Reef Builder $7

Fish Trap $20

Mag 1.5 $10 (still in box)

fishfarmer
01/13/2004, 06:38 PM
YGM

SHOmuchFUN
01/13/2004, 11:31 PM
I may be interested in your live-rock... I think you may have been the one selling some of your frags at the pet advantage when I was there picking up my initial load of rock...

$6 seems kinda steep for second-hand rock. I'd like to see it first. I was kinda swinging towards some tampa-bay saltwater rock.

mogulski
01/14/2004, 12:59 AM
SHOmuchFUN,

I've seen the LR from todd's tank. Honestly for $6/lb it's a comlete steal.
Better than the TBS stuff without a doubt.

mogulski
01/14/2004, 01:00 AM
Todd,

I would be interested in the back up power unit that you have FS

ToddsReef
01/14/2004, 06:26 AM
SHOmuchFUN,
I'm sorry but the rock was all sold to the PetAdvantage. Liverock is like fine wine, it appreciates with age. If you are interested it's probably still there but they are getting $12 per pound for it. Good luck with your tank!
Todd

mogulski,
A few people have expressed interest in the power back-up but they are still deciding so I'll keep you posted.
Todd

SHOmuchFUN
01/14/2004, 07:58 AM
OH NO!!!
Hahahaha, I'm heading in today... I doubt I'd buy it for $12 per pound, but I would've probably spent $6 per pound for it. After all, I did buy nearly ALL of their fiji sale rock for $6 a pound.

I agree with the wine analogy. The rock I bought there is doing pretty well. My tank FINALLY cleared up after sticking in my huge freshwater emperor in there to calm things down. But it was REALLY cloudy for a good day and a half. That coral sand just took off and I didn't even agitate it that hard. I even stuck the back inside the tank and slit the bag carefully... It was like an eruption from Mt St. Helens.

But all is good now. I've seen a few hermits and a tiny tiny snail or two. Also some creepy tiny, almost microscopic things crawling and swimming around the rock. Going to pick up some testing supplies to test for ammonia, but nothing smells and the rock maintained a lot of it's color. Should be a very quick cycle.

Wish you would've saved that rock before heading to the P/A with it though :-( I seem to always be a step behind with this saltwater business!

SHOmuchFUN
01/14/2004, 11:31 PM
Well... I couldn't help myself. I went into the Pet Advantage today and bought about 10 pounds of it and had them hold a rock with a ton of mushrooms, polyps, zoos, etc. on it.

Looks GREAT! Especially with the new CSL 4x65 on it!

champlainDiver
02/02/2004, 02:58 AM
Hey do you still have that Mag 3 and Mag 1.5. If so I'm interested in both of them.

ToddsReef
02/03/2004, 02:55 PM
I have them both. Do you work at FAHC? I'm one of the medicine residents there.

Todd

SHOmuchFUN
02/03/2004, 03:55 PM
Do you still have the auto-topoff?
If so, E-mail me.

champlainDiver
02/03/2004, 08:05 PM
Hey Todd,

I work for FAHC Respiratory Care. Just let me know when you want to meet up. I usually work the 7pm-7am night shift. I should have the money by this thursday. Thanks.

-Pat

BIGGUN
02/04/2004, 10:12 PM
Todd,

What do you have left?
The top-off and auto controller caught my eye.

Thanks,
Kevin