PDA

View Full Version : I Need Advice

Bendo
01/12/2004, 10:06 AM
Hello all,
I'm planning to build a SPS 60x36x25 Tank. I need your advice about lighting and flow.
How can I arrange the bulbs in order to have even linght on such a dimension?
About the flow, I plan to do a close-loop which run two 3/4 sea-swirls and also the return will go through two more 3/4 sea-swirls. So the tank will have four 3/4 sea-swirls at each corner. Do you think itis enough flow?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Ben.

VegasMike
01/12/2004, 01:21 PM
If you are really going to do a SPS only tank, you should error on the side of too much lighting. In that, I mean error on the side of overlap. I would put three MH accross the back and two accross the front.

For flow, same issue, add more. The four sea swirls are nice, but they really don't flow as much as you think and it is hard to get that flow distributed. Look at the Tunze units. They will add a ton of flow. For that size tank, if it was me, I would use the two SS on my returns and use Tunze units fro the in-tank flow. I might also add a closed loop for flow behind/within the rock.

That's just my two cents. There are a thousand different ways to set up a tank that will work. I am by no means an expert.

Good luck.:D

Bendo
01/12/2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks a lot VegasMike.
Ben.