PDA

View Full Version : East TN Reef Club meeting Sat 17 Jan

satman
01/11/2004, 09:51 PM
Hello Tennessee Reefers,

Wanted to invite everyone to the next East TN Reef Club meeting Sat morning 17 January at 10 am in Knoxville.

We will be having a short program on pH and then comparing different pH test kits.

More information and directions at http://www.easttnreefclub.com

Hope to see many of you next Saturday morning,
Gould

fishdoc11
01/11/2004, 10:34 PM
Satman,
Thanks for posting the invite. I for one wont be able to make it but maybe sometime in the future ( the drive and all ). Do yall have any frag swaps scheduled? I think a few people would probably make the trip for one. I'm allways looking to trade for stuff I don't have and I have several things to offer.
thanks, Chris

satman
01/12/2004, 12:34 AM
Hi Chris,

We normally meet at member's home and some trading takes place. Mel has a post on ETRC currently.

I will bring this up at the meeting next week, a regional swap is a good idea.

Regards,
Gould

Brandt
01/17/2004, 06:51 PM
Hi, I live in Knoxville and just read about your club, can't seem to get on your website right know. Was wonder how to join. I'm new to the reef aquarium, but have kept freshwater fish for twenty years. Would like some info about your club. Thanks

EvilMel
01/18/2004, 12:34 PM
Hey

I'm the Mel satman referred to.

I think a regional swap would be great. We could maybe all meet in Cookeville?

I have these things to offer up:
Acropora millepora (brown with green polpys)

Green spaghetti leather (not super green, kinda light colored, but very fast grower and really neat).

Green zooanthids (green fringed with brown and white in middle)

Maybe some red zooanthids

green star polyps (you guys probably all have these)

maybe brown plating montipora.

I would be really interested in that blue tipped acropora someone mentioned in another thread.

Another one of our members has pom pom xenia.

I'm not sure what else people have.
But anytime you guys want to set something up. Let me know.

Mel
ps I may end up coming to Nashville at some point (if so I'll let you know).

fishdoc11
01/18/2004, 12:51 PM
Sounds good Mel. I have been trading around recently and have found several people that have and need frags. Personally I would be interested in the Millepora, spaghetti, and maybe the zoos. I have blue tip loripes and many others. Coral reefing also has some nice frags including some real nice zoos and a very nice blue tip. We are meeting for the first time next Sunday and I'm sure a regional swap will come up.
thanks, Chris

EvilMel
01/18/2004, 09:50 PM
Yeah, sounds good to me.

There are a couple of people I know in Cookeville, so maybe we could do something at their house?

But that's totally not a certainty or anything.

Mel