PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Roll221
01/10/2004, 03:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just want to start this first thread to get everyone introduced. My name is Ed, have been into this hobby for the past 7 years. I have a 55 gal mostly SPS reef that is about 5 months old. I am in the Army so I am an old hand at setting up and moving tanks. My plan here is to get acquainted with everyone on here and then plan meetings and gatherings at each others houses. Again, welcome and looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Ed

Bullet
01/10/2004, 03:30 PM
Nice looking tank!!;) Hope you get as much activity in your area as we have. I there are a lot more saltwater tanks out there than we realize. Good Luck!

BLUESMAN
01/10/2004, 03:38 PM
Happy you southern Az reefers have a club!! Plan a road trip sometime and check out the East Valley Phx. Auction. Blue

mx_tang
01/10/2004, 04:08 PM
Hi Ed,

We've got 3 forums now, huh? :D

Definitely come check out the PROP auctions whenever you have a spare weekend.

Old Crab
01/14/2004, 01:02 PM
Ed,

Hope this is working. I am new to this forum thing. I told you that I am up sizing my tank. I have been browsing the web and came across this tank maker. http://www.aquartaquariums.com/pricelist.html Have you heard of them? They aparently have a different way of making the tops of the tanks so that they have larger openings. They say they have a 15yr waranty! I am going to e-mail them and check on shipping and how they garantee it arives without scratches. Also how they work their "Waranty"Shipping costs and such. I also will try to post a message on the newbee thread to see if any one else out there nowes about these tanks.

owsi
01/15/2004, 09:14 PM
Hey, I'm a "Fort We Got Ya" grad from the RVN days left in 74. Used to go to Tucson to get my stuff. Now I live in Tucson and get most of my things in Phoenix. Good luck on getting a group together, That way you could do a monthly car pool to Phoenix. We used to do that here when I was in to SW about 5 years ago. Going to the Frag Meet this Saturday in Phoenix. Take care, John

Old Crab
01/16/2004, 11:44 AM
John,

What is your take on Majistic Sea Life in Tucson. I thought of getting a bid frome them for my set up? Should I also go to Phoenix? If so where would you recomend. Also is there a saltwater group in Tuson?

Thanks for the encouragement.
Tim