PDA

View Full Version : Question about set up

ocean
07/18/2001, 04:04 PM
Hi all!
I'm just looking for some opinions on a possible set up. I would like to eventually have a tank with a mated pair of clowns and their anemone. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this relationship before I start (I know...don't get an anemone) as I want to make sure I make the right choices. So, I was wondering if I could get a few opinions on this set up.

I will be getting a 10 gallon tank for free...could this tank be set up with an anemone (probably bubble tip) and 2 clowns (probably tomato)? I'd like to have maybe 2 small pieces of liverock, and a few snails or a small shrimp. This would be the only 'life' in the tank, but I'm thinking that 10 gallons is a pretty limited about of space. I could add a sump to the set up (probably with macroalgae...refugium style :) ). But the swimming space would be limited to 10 gallons. I haven't planned the lighting yet as I wanted to get an idea on the general set up first (and because I'm waiting for George to mail me my income tax check).

Is this appropriate or should I shoot for a larger tank at a later date? Thanks!

Carlos
07/18/2001, 09:27 PM
Everything sounds good except you did not mention what type of lighting you will be using?

Also, a 10 gal tank might be too small for a couple of tomatoes. I would go with percula clowns instead.

HTH,

Carlos

ocean
07/19/2001, 08:50 AM
Thank you for replying! I'm not sure what type of lighting I'll use yet. The set up is still just an idea in my head at this point :) I'll use PC at the minimum, but would like to get a MH setup as I've heard the anemone would do better under them (as well as any macroalgae for nutrient export). I'm actually partial to the percs, but I thought that they were less likely to pair with a bubble tip than the tomatoes. Since this would be my first anemone (other than aiptasia :)), I figured a bubble tip would be a good choice. Thanks again for the input!!