PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all - Justin - Memphis, TN

jmt
01/08/2004, 07:05 PM
Hey y'all... I'm a local reefer in Memphis/Oxford, MS -- Do any of y'all have grag swap or anything? I'm looking for some stuff for my tank. Thanks!

-Justin

fishdoc11
01/10/2004, 10:36 AM
Hey Justin,
I'm not sure what a grag swap is and I just started posting here a few days ago but I have'nt found much trading action. As far as a swap meet I for one would like to get one going along with a club with regular meetings but I'm not sure that there is alot of interest here. Hopefully interest will grow and these will be things to look forward to in the future.
Chris

jmt
01/10/2004, 11:59 AM
Ha, sorry -- "FRAG" swap. I don't have any corals b/c I can;t afford the outrageous prices for them in memphis.

Oldschooler
01/11/2004, 12:06 AM
Hey, guys... My name is Robert and a friend of mine and I run a LFS in Nashville. We're in the "talking" stages of starting up a local (local to US) club and there WILL be a TON of swapping. I know this because there already IS a ton of swapping! LOL So far, we've been blessed with meeting mostly friendly, giving reefers and not what I had anticipated (the always angry, jealous, greedy snob-reefers).

Just hang tight and keep following this forum for more details. These things take time to develop correctly and, I believe, lastingly. Is "lastingly" a word? Oh, well. It is now...

~R

jmt
01/11/2004, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a plan Robert! I hope your FS does well and I hope you aren't trying to sell people zoo frags for $50:rolleye1:

Thanks,
-Justin

Noon
01/11/2004, 04:12 PM
What LFS would that be? :cool:

fishdoc11
01/11/2004, 06:12 PM
Emerald Bay in the Bellvue Kroger shopping center. Used to be Wet Pets. There bringing it back from the dead.

A. Critter Killer
01/11/2004, 08:01 PM
Emerald Bay Fish & Reptiles
7053 HWY 70 S.
646-8950

Hey Chris, got any more Loripes? ----Sean

fishdoc11
01/11/2004, 10:13 PM
Hey Sean,
I sure do. I have two fraggs ready and I have two large colonies so I could frag one and have a few more.
Chris

A. Critter Killer
01/11/2004, 10:38 PM
Chris, next time you are around, if you want, bring me some in. We are about to set up that 92 gal corner in the store, and I would love to have some in it! Are you going to frag that purple acro that you had in front of it? ---Sean

fishdoc11
01/11/2004, 10:56 PM
I will make one special for you, it grows really fast. As far as the Palletta blue that was in front of it I don't know. That's one that's hard to come by and expensive ( at least for me ). It's kind of reserved to trade for special stuff. I'll make one for your tank though. Remember I'm also saving a real nice green cap for the tank. How quick are you going to put sps in the tank after it's set up?
Chris

A. Critter Killer
01/11/2004, 11:21 PM
I am planning on using livesand and twice-cured liverock from Bahama, Fiji, and Tonga. I plan to be adding sps after about a week. Hopefully by then I will have aquired a 400 watt pendant halide. 'Till then I will use pc's and mainly soft stuff. I shold have about 7 1/4 watts per gallon when everything is said and done. The tank should be delivered tomarrow. If all else fails, and your 75 is getting crouded, remember my selling tanks are able to support any sps I have ever put in them (@ 6.5 wt./gal.).

Chris... I don't want for you to go out of your way to help me. If you would prefer to preserve your Palletta colony, don't frag it for me. Otherwise, I appreciate it. ----Sean

fishdoc11
01/12/2004, 06:57 AM
Sean,
Tank sounds good. Im going to have to frag it sometime soon. It's about .5" from the top of water and I need to move some stuff around so it and other stuff has room to grow. When I do I'll bring you a piece. I'm guessing you probably want to try some hardier stuff in there for a couple of weeks first anyway (Montiporas etc..... ).
Chris

A. Critter Killer
01/12/2004, 08:32 AM
That's exactly what I figured, elkhorns and digis. I am looking for some good marine invert (crabs, nudibranch, etc.) atlases.....any suggestions? ----Sean

fishdoc11
01/12/2004, 05:04 PM
Sean,
I have Sprungs Invertebrates, a quick reference guide. It's pretty good, very nice photos but somewhat limited in # of species covered. I'm pretty picky but it's a good book for the price. That's the only one I have with just invertebrates in it. It's where I found that Stomatella.
Chris

rcmike
01/12/2004, 11:36 PM
Sean, I have that book also. It has most of the common stuff and a lot of uncommon also. Glad you decided on the 400W halide. I got to thinking that corner tank is probably going to be deep. I will probably be able to bring those orange Montipora Cap. frags in tomorrow. I took some big frags off of it and it is still pretty big.