PDA

View Full Version : What to do with just arrived BTA????

eyeguy
07/17/2001, 08:46 PM
I have a problem. Some time ago I ordered two Rose E. Quads and they've been delayed in arriving. Well, the guy is shipping them to me tomorrow and in 3 days I'm leaving for a week! The guy that's selling them to me says he really can't keep them until I return. I really don't want to put them in my established 75 with 440w VHO and have them migrate all over while I'm gone! They are eventually going in my new 300 with 250w 6500K MH, but that tank is not ready for livestock yet. I could put them in my sump with only 220w VHO. It is full of xenia and caulpera. Not a lot of current here either. I'd thought of setting up a quarantine tank with a spare 250 MH and a simple mechanical/carbon filter but I now BTA's sometimes don't like bright light at first. Any suggestions on how to hold these guys safely until I can be here to monitor their status?????

firechild
07/18/2001, 06:00 AM
I would go with the quarantine tank, just make sure there is some where out of the light so they can go from no light to high light when they choose to without killing any of you livestock. Something like an over hang rock would be perfect.

Reefer madness
07/19/2001, 09:11 AM
Problem solved.....;)

eyeguy
07/19/2001, 12:49 PM
Thanks again Reefer madness!