PDA

View Full Version : lookin for SouthDown

Torpus
01/07/2004, 03:35 PM
My boyfriend and I just got our new 75 gallon tank yesterday. And we are looking to add some SouthDown to grow bacteria before we swap our thirty gallon reef out. If anyone has one hundred lbs. that would be great.
thanks
Bre and Matt
email at torpus@hotmail.com

Coralfreak
01/07/2004, 03:38 PM
Sent you an email:)

Torpus
01/07/2004, 05:23 PM
Just got back from home depot, we picked up their last three bags (which were all frozen together). We should have one bag left over, maybe one and a half.
They said that they get their shipment from Wis. and that they sell it like crazy! So I'd assume they'd get more in soon.

matt and bre

slovan
01/09/2004, 12:36 PM
Hi Torpus,
Which HD store did you get it from?

davefromia
01/09/2004, 11:38 PM
I would like to know as well, hopefully the one in waterloo has it

Torpus
01/10/2004, 01:43 PM
the home depot on 1st ave. in Cedar Rapids across from LinDale mall. They kept it in their Garden Supply area outside. It might be a couple days before they get more in.

LauraBay
01/10/2004, 09:33 PM
I think it's kind of funny that the CR store carries SD now. When I was trying to find some through them this spring they acted like I was totally insane for insisting that this was a product HD carried. I'd love to have another chat with that lady now and see what she has to say...

Torpus
01/10/2004, 10:41 PM
yeah, we had to ask three people until they could find where it was located in the store. over all though im very impressed by homedepot, everyone seems so nice when we go there. We got our three stage RO there too.

slovan
01/10/2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the info Torpus! I'll have to give them a call and see if and when they'll have them in stock again.

cabenn
01/12/2004, 09:29 AM
Yah, I spoke with TJ and so did PWfirst. Two weeks or so after I got my 20+ bags of SD sand they got a pallet of it and it took them about 6 months to sell out unless they restocked. They don't make very much per bag either but at least they are helpful.

The folks at HD were nice to me when I bought my bags. Hopefully they decide to keep stocking it when I need to setup my next tank.