PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Goldstripe Clownfish

Linda
07/17/2001, 09:58 AM
I have a 55 gal FOWLR. Inhabitants are 2 small perculas, bicolor blenny, bar goby, 2 small spotted cardinalfish,and a dwarf bicolor angel.

Could I safely add a Maroon Goldstripe Clownfish?

Carlos
07/17/2001, 10:02 AM
I would vote against it.

Maroon clowns are the most aggressive of all clowns and she will kill the perculas just to claim territory.

If you have to perculas, I bet they are together all the time. If you add the maroon clown, the maroon will prevent that from happening.

Given, one can add the maroon clown and perculas together (I have seen them) but not in a 55 gal tank. Way to small for two perculas and a maroon.

Keep on reefing!

Carlos

Linda
07/17/2001, 11:02 AM
Carlos,

Thanks for your reply. You are right the percs do hang out together most of the time.

Would it be safe to add another fish to the 55 gal or have we reached the limit? My husband really wants a watchman goby.

Carlos
07/17/2001, 11:45 AM
Watchman gobies are cool fish and would be a good addition to the tank. They are small and localized. Very little load.

The only problem is that they are very agressive towards other watchman gobies. I am not sure what a Bar Goby is so this might not apply to you.

Anyway, your load is high already so if you add any other fish to the tank, make sure they are very small and stay small.

Carlos