PDA

View Full Version : Iodine

JonK
01/06/2004, 01:52 PM
Do any of you guys use Iodine?? Since I have mostly softies I was thinking I should start dosing. I'm just wondering if that is why I'm having trouble with my xenia now. I do water changes but I've heard Iodine gets used up pretty quickly. My mushrooms have slowed down as well. Any thoughts?

Jon

bmkindig
01/06/2004, 10:28 PM
hey jon
i used to dose iodine regularly when i started and the 1st thing a started with was a xenia.i resent experinces as long as all my levels are good it does well but i think light and current are the best answer.
just my 2cents
brad

millisec
01/08/2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by JonK
Do any of you guys use Iodine?? Since I have mostly softies I was thinking I should start dosing. I'm just wondering if that is why I'm having trouble with my xenia now. I do water changes but I've heard Iodine gets used up pretty quickly. My mushrooms have slowed down as well. Any thoughts?

Jon

I swear by lugols... one drop a day in my 90. Good for inverts, makes xenia's grow like weeds, shrooms, zoo, ricordia you name it. Skimming does remove it and ozone breaks it down too. Lugols is also indespensible for dipping.

Xenia needs a lot of iodine to flourish. Lugols has directions for direct dosing them.