PDA

View Full Version : Important notice regarding the Jan.4 meeting PLEASE READ!

Coralfreak
01/03/2004, 12:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

The weather prediction for tomorrow in Des Moines is not very promising, possible 6-10" of snow. The meeting is not yet cancelled, we will make that decision early tomorrow morning as I dont have that much faith in weather predictions. Please check this thread or PM me before driving to the meeting.

If the meeting is cancelled due to weather, we will move it to the following week, Jan. 11.

Allen

moose88
01/03/2004, 10:27 PM
Where's your sense of adventure?The snow just adds an element of danger!It turns a two hour trip into a four hour one,more time invested=more fun had by all :lol: It could be the group's first annual sleep-over.:) Bring sleeping bags,There's already plenty of fish to eat and water to drink...maybe even some escargo!:D :mixed:

Atticus
01/04/2004, 12:33 AM
What does everyone think of canceling if the roads are bad and moving the topic to Feb. ? I would hate to see a topic this popular used in a meeting that most of the club could not attend due to weather.

Coralfreak
01/04/2004, 12:48 AM
Based upon the current weather, and for the sake of safety, the Jan.4 meeting has been cancelled.

I would like to move it to the following week, Jan.11. We could go to Feb, but I hate to see us lose a month, and besides this is Iowa, we could face the same problem again. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Allen

flyj3
01/04/2004, 01:20 AM
Wise move.
John

Aaron1100us
01/04/2004, 03:15 AM
I agree, even though my Jeep likes to "play":) in the snow, I wouldn't want to endanger anyone else.

HOC
01/04/2004, 08:25 AM
Am I the only one with no snow??

Coralfreak
01/04/2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by HOC
Am I the only one with no snow??

I think so, but if you want some, I've got extra:D

HOC
01/04/2004, 09:26 AM
That's ok..The shipping would kill me;)

lchase12
01/04/2004, 11:13 AM
so did everyone get snowed in or what? This Sucks as I have to be out of town next week. Will have to miss the meeting.

I would like to join, any suggestions? Wait For February.

Lance

Coralfreak
01/04/2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by lchase12
so did everyone get snowed in or what? This Sucks as I have to be out of town next week. Will have to miss the meeting.

I would like to join, any suggestions? Wait For February.

Lance

Hi Lance,

Well, from the sounds of it, more snow is on the way and we just felt it wasnt worth the possible risk. Janna was also concerned as she has no one to clear her parking lot. I'm not to happy either as this will be a really good topic, but we cant control the weather.

You can join at the next meeting, or if you stop by the Reef Connection, Janna can take dues and get you signed up:)

Allen

lchase12
01/04/2004, 12:17 PM
Thanks Allen, For once the weather man got it right.

I know, I am just excited to meet everyone and get signed up. Will Janna be open today? I think I might trek out there and get signed up. I hope I did not sound mad or anything. You made the right call.

Will you be taking good notes and publishing them somewhere so that we can read them?

Also, on a seperate note, what do you think about the Koralin 3002 CR?

Coralfreak
01/04/2004, 12:21 PM
Janna isnt open on Sunday, and yeah, it figures they would be right on the weather today.

Yes, we will take notes and put them both on RC and the web page.

Honestly, I dont know much about the commercial reactors, I built mine myself.

Allen

Atticus
01/04/2004, 12:21 PM
Allen, What do you think about putting a poll up to see how many want to move the Topic to Feb. ?

HOC
01/04/2004, 06:50 PM
We felt this was a decision for the board of directors. We got a majority vote for the following week. It wasn't Allens decision alone. The problem with moving it a month is it conflicts with the Feb meeting in Ia City. We've already gone two month without a meeting because of the Holidays. I hope everybody understands we would never get a date everybody would be able to attend.

We can have another discussion on the topic at the Feb Ia City meeting if that's what everybody wants. I'll be attending both meetings as well so the info can be relayed.

This club is here to stay, and we meet every month. (Alternating between DSM and Ia City for those who don't know.) So this isn't a real big deal if you're interested in joining. Heck we may get snowed out til Feb anyway...This is Iowa.