PDA

View Full Version : Using Aliases to post.

Just an Alias
01/01/2004, 10:12 PM
I have noticed recently that several people have posted praising a LFS (The Coral Reef). It's funny that these posters have never responded to any other posts on RC, not even a simple question concerning their tank, but yet out of the blue felt compelled to respond to post only to praise this store. It makes you wonder if Woozydoo and luvcorals happen to be the same person. I know of only one other person that follows this forum that posts under two names, CORAL REEF KNOXVILLE and reefstyle. Could they all be the same individual? I bet we will never know!

llpoolej
01/02/2004, 10:22 AM
Well, I have praised them more than once and I do not use an alias, nor am I multiple personalitied.

Strange that is comes from someone, using an alias...

Smscorals also has a second name(Joe Wall). It is not unusual to want to seperate business and pleasure as to not be self promoting.

I think The Aquarium is a nice store, but I sure have gotten some bad advice and had some times that I was treated great and others that I was treated really badly. I have heard great things about their fish and their quarantine procedures.

I won't shop at Proffits. I HATE their salespeople. They are rude and unhelpful. Nothing really wrong with the store or what they sell, but I have had so many bad experiences in there. I prefer Parisians, as the salespeople are really nice and helpful. Remember my name even though I rarely shop.

I can walk in the Coral reef and I know everyone who works there. I know they will help me and tell me the truth. I have been told NOT to buy a fish as it wasn't suitable for my tank. So I buy a different one. I appreciate that kind of help.

I would bet there are many people who find the aquarium THE store to go to. My husband used the store almost exclusively when it was on middlebrook years and years ago. He had an aggressive tank. he also shopped at the store that was on Broadway. He spoke highly of both places.

I do have to say the Coral Reef holds their opinions closers to the ones you read on here, aka sand beds and big skimmers.

I have shopped both places, and I guess I prefer the help and opinions I get at Coral reef. You can check to see if I have aliases, which I don't

reefstyle
01/02/2004, 10:40 AM
look hows talking mask man (show some**** and uncover yourself. First and formost, I dennis branch owner of the coral reef have only one handle reefstyle(my personal tank information). Second this forum is wacked, This forum had a great start, before it became so political. I with a nonunderstanding, posted something about the nano reef and was told to take it off (plus one of my handles (coral reef knoxville or reefstyle) my choice was reefstyle. I had no problem doing so. So we come to the point at hand, mister superhero, NO ITS NOT MINE AND NO I WILL NOT TALK ABOUT THE STORE ANYMORE. These problems all started when someone put there opinion on the forum and some did not agree, it called an opinion. We all have one, from the store we shop at, to the salt we use. If thats a problem, then we all have a problem. I have had some differences with people but I hope we respect each other on our opinions. This is not about me and you or stores, its about help on reef tanks, getting together showing and being proud about our tanks but its people like you who waste time of others playing mind games for your own pleaser stop progress. To tell the truth it is probably you, causing all the mess you villain. So toon in next , same bat time, same bat channel. dennis p.s. "do you need a hug" we pass them out at our lfs everyday, best of all there free.

Sir Knight
01/02/2004, 10:47 AM
Julie,
Just to set the record straight. I changed my handle from jwall1 to smcorals months ago. I don't have any aliases. If you look at my post counter it isn't 1 or 2. It is in the 400's. If you do a search on jwall1 you will not find it. However if you do a search on smcorals you will find all of my posts.

What this guy is talking about is all the people that joined RC in the past day or two to promote stores.

llpoolej
01/02/2004, 10:54 AM
I am sorry if I said it wrong, I was afraid of that as soon as I posted. I was meaning to say it was common knowledge that some people have two names and it wasn't an "alias", but just a second name that was common knowledge that it was the same person. That still may not make sense

I think everyone knew that reefstyle=coral reef and smscorals was Jwall1. At least I did. I guess aliases are secret and multiple handles are not.

Anyhow, I think I am digging a deeper hole

reefstyle
01/02/2004, 11:02 AM
Lets all have a group hug... and just go back to reefing.dennis:D

llpoolej
01/02/2004, 11:04 AM
I am happy to go back to my hair algae reefing :D But I am not big on hugs. And I hate when you have to hold hands to say grace. My midwestern upbringing dislikes invasions of my space :D

Sir Knight
01/23/2004, 12:52 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I changed my handle from smcorals to Joe Wall today. This is not an Alias. I can not post with smcorals anymore so I don't have two handles

EvilMel
01/23/2004, 02:10 PM
Well hasn't this gotten a bit nasty.

JustAnAlias: If you look closely at the threads you will see that people are doing exactly what Julie said they were doing: expressing opinions and agreeing to disagree. Some of us like the Coral Reef, some like the Aquarium, and some like both.

Who gives a crap anyways if our club is more closely associated with the Coral Reef than with the Aquarium. Coral Reef is totally supportive of our club, giving us discounts and constant advice. Plus they let us hold meetings there if we need, even at very short notice. What has the Aquarium ever done for us, except kick our members out of their store for wearing a Coral Reef t-shirt?

I never saw those posts that you guys are talking about, but who cares if someone is joining just to praise the Coral Reef. If I only see someone post once or twice, I usually don't pay much attention to what they say. Plus I think everyone in the club knows that you take what people say with a grain of salt. My "do-nothing" approach may not work for someone else, so they may or may not need to listen to me.

I really don't think Dennis is sitting at the Coral Reef, getting tons of aliases and posting about how great their store is. Anyone who KNOWS Dennis would not picture him doing this, or atleast I don't. Maybe some of you do picture him doing that, that's fine.

I just don't see what the big deal is and what the point of this thread is.

Joe and I have very different opinions about LFS, but I don't have any problem with him and consider him a total guru.

So my point is: this thread was obviously meant to stir up trouble. Apparently it has worked.

Dennis: don't call this forum whacked! It's a good forum. :)