PDA

View Full Version : Super Glue ??????

assassinco97
01/01/2004, 05:04 PM
Hey Guys and Gals

HAPPY NEW YEAR

but now to the question......When fragging mushrooms and using superglue to attach the frag to a piece of base rock or snail shells..Is it safe to place the newly attached frag back in the main tank immediately after fragging....I don't have a second propogation tank to store it in after fragging and want to know if this is possible or should I use another method.

Thanks
Ed

Nyxll
01/01/2004, 05:14 PM
I think you are going to have problems getting the glue to stick to the slimy shrooms. Best way is to put the cut mushroom pieces on a rock. Then loosly cover the rock/shrooms with some mesh, like the material from a large fish net. Hold the mesh down with a rubberband.

Greg

yellowtruck75
01/01/2004, 08:31 PM
What type of superglue should I use to attach SPS frags and where can I getg it? And same question as assassinco97 with putting the frags right back in?

Nyxll
01/01/2004, 09:29 PM
I get mine at lowes. Any super glue gel should work. I get the ones in the grey container with blue sides, lock tite I think or something like that. The glue wont hurt your water. I usually let the frag sit out about 20 seconds while the glue sets a bit. Then I put it in the water.

Greg

Fizz71
01/02/2004, 01:09 PM
I use Duro Quick Gel from walmart. They sell them in 2 packs. The key is to make sure whatever you buy is a GEL!

--Fizz

Mal3
01/03/2004, 09:17 PM
I use Duro Quick Gel from walmart. They sell them in 2 packs. The key is to make sure whatever you buy is a GEL!

I use the same as Fizz. It works well. It does not hurt the water.

bmkindig
01/03/2004, 11:00 PM
i use whatever gel superglue the dollar store is selling at the time,i've also been thinking about buying in bulk on ebay,but i got like 10 packs of super glue for xmas. as for mushrooms i let mine lay on the sand bed and attach to small rocks or if i have a big rock i lay it on there in a low current spot. it's a slower process but safer for the corals...

ps greg are those your clowns and do you want to sell them.i'm looking for a mated pair of black perculas i have 1 but i think he's lonely there is a black sabae with him thou.
later
brad

Tagamet
01/03/2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Nyxll
I get mine at lowes. Any super glue gel should work. I get the ones in the grey container with blue sides, lock tite I think or something like that. The glue wont hurt your water. I usually let the frag sit out about 20 seconds while the glue sets a bit. Then I put it in the water.
Greg

ditto

Tagamet

Nyxll
01/04/2004, 01:31 AM
Brad

Those are my clowns. I got them from holeinone1972 at the August swap at his place. I see he has some listed on his website now, under the corals section. Maybe you can get him to bring you some to the swap if you both are going. I dont think I am going to make it to that one.

Greg

bmkindig
01/04/2004, 07:44 PM
hey greg
awesome i'm so jealous i've been searching for black clowns and i'm not found of the idea of shipping even though people do it all the time and i want to see fish b-4 i buy them.i'll have to try rob.
brad

gold
01/30/2004, 01:40 PM
yea but what if you want to attahc something to a big rock?

Tagamet
01/30/2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by gold
yea but what if you want to attahc something to a big rock?

A) Attach coral to tiny rock.
B) Attach tiny rock to rock of your choice (regardles of size). Rocks glue to rocks easily. It's getting the slippery slimy, snotty coral to attach to anything that's the challenge.
HTH
Tagamet