PDA

View Full Version : Janurary 24th Meeting @ 1PM

minfinger
01/01/2004, 04:05 PM
OK I'm setting the date and time. We'll just get together and talk about anything. If you want to trade frags, please bring them and talk amongst yourselves before coming.

We're going to do this at my house for the first meeting of 2004!!

My SouthDown Strom in my prop system...Shoooooooooould be calmed by then and maybe even cycled!?! Stickin thing, makes me wish they never found SD sand LMAO!

Oh well, I'm working on the lights today and should be done by tonight :D I've still got to make enough water to fill the 75G tank and get it running on the system. We'll see.

See everyone at the meeting!!! Oh yeah, it's @ 1 PM to give everyone time to eat before hand.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU PLAN ON COMING

Quicksilver
01/01/2004, 06:42 PM
Looks like I will be able to make this one. Looking forward to meeting everybody and checking out your set-up you've been working on. So do you think you will be cycled and ready for the fish by then? Just curious. Hope everybody had a Happy New Year. William

skipm
01/01/2004, 09:33 PM
I will start working on getting the day off, I will be there as long as I can get off work. Skip

Aquarius Lady
01/01/2004, 09:52 PM
Mike where do you live? I need directions until I can give a solid yes or no, if it's too far, I can't drive :( But I will do my best to be there.
PS: Anyone have some ZOOANTHS they are willing to frag or sell me? also looking for a frag of Pulsing Xenia (any color).
I still have tons of healthy Grape (green) calupera if anyone wants it for their fuge or tank. The calupera is growing tons of pods for me! I also have a Red mushroom frag I can trade. Let me know in private email or PM or here. Thanks in advance.

minfinger
01/02/2004, 09:35 AM
Will,

I hope so. I want to do a large water change on the 55G, but I have to get the prop system filled first. It might be cycled, I don't know if I'll be ready for fish though. There's enough algea in my 55G to keep that foxface busy, but my tank is like a miracle of modern science that it's still alive LOL So I don't feel comfortable putting such a nice fish in that tank right now.

Jackie,

Over in West Ashley near the mall. It's not far from Applebees, maybe 5 minutes from there, but much easier to get too. I'll post a map link in a minute.

minfinger
01/02/2004, 09:44 AM
Map link to my house (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=2467+Lantern+St&city=Charleston&state=SC&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map)

2467 Lantern St.

526 to West Ashley
At the first light, turn Right.
Stay in the right lane and you Merge onto Savannah Highway.
Go to the 3rd Light and turn left onto Dobbin Road
At the end of the road, turn Left onto Lantern St.
My house is about 6 or 7 house down on the Right.
I'm the only white brick house on the street.
Look for my little Green Car and Jodi's Nissan Frontier should be in the front your too.
Be careful of the new ditch. They finally came and dug it out

mhagst1
01/02/2004, 06:08 PM
Mike,

As of now, it looks like I'll be there. By the way, hows that toadstool leather I gave you holding up? I got two more I just fragged on the way.

Matt

minfinger
01/02/2004, 07:55 PM
Doing real good in my 29G. It actually grew a little bit and it's noticeable. I've got this other Toadstool in my 7G that I think may drop some babies soon. It keeps leaning over when full inflaited.

How do you frag you Toadstools? That's one I haven't tried yet.

mhagst1
01/03/2004, 01:10 AM
I just cut pieces off the cap about the size of a quarter,not cuttings the stalk, and then glue them to a rock. Make sure you glue the cut edge, that way it makes it a little easier for it to heal. So far I've made six cuttings off of this one host (two at a time), and its still doing great.

Matt

DashHD
01/05/2004, 04:09 AM
I am going to try my best to make it ! With my work schedule I never know being on call 24/7 sucks .

minfinger
01/05/2004, 10:12 AM
No matter, just more than 2 people show up this time :D J/K

See you on the 24th

Aquarius Lady
01/05/2004, 04:25 PM
Mike,
I'll do my best to make it there for sure! Might bring my 17 yr old son with me, (Possible future Reefer) <G>
Anyone have any Zoo's, ricordia or Xenia they can trade? I have a Red mushroom if anyone is intrested. (Glows nice under actinics)

minfinger
01/05/2004, 04:57 PM
Jackie,

I sure hope you can make it. I may actually be cleaned out of frags by then. I need to take them all to Tideline for $$$. I need some $$$ and they're getting huge.

dvmsn
01/06/2004, 12:03 PM
I'll be there

minfinger
01/06/2004, 01:23 PM
Dave, sounds good.

Aquarius Lady
01/06/2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by minfinger
Jackie,

I sure hope you can make it. I may actually be cleaned out of frags by then. I need to take them all to Tideline for $$$. I need some $$$ and they're getting huge.

Mike,
Email me what you have (or PM me) I might give you a better price than tideline if you have something I want ;)

kidzatheart
01/08/2004, 08:41 AM
Hi Mike, My name is arthur and would like to join your club i live in port royal. I have been in the hobby for awhile with fish only and am just starting on the reef stuff and would like to have others in my area to talk about stuff. For now i have a 30g reef that has been up for about 2 mnths now. Well i need to get to bed been up all night working, hope to talk to everyone soon.

Arthur

minfinger
01/08/2004, 10:53 AM
Arthur,

You're more than welcome to join, this is an open club with no restrictions and we enjoy meeting other hobbyist. We happen to have a few members located in the Beaufort area, Skipm and Troy182. They regularly come up to the meetings, you should comunicate with them about carpooling.

Visit the web site www.charlestonreefers.org the next meeting is on January 24th @ 1PM @ my house. There's a map link in the meeting Agenda.

30G, sounds nice, do you have any pictures? Among others, I currently have a 29G with a 20G High Sump. Looking pretty nice if I must say :D

skipm
01/08/2004, 11:25 AM
Hi Arthur,
Drop me an e-mail and we can see if we can work something out about carpooling together or something. I live about 5 minutes from Hunting Island out on St. Helena. I have a 75 gallon reef and a 92 gallon that is undergoing reconstruction right now. If you would rather you can give me a call at home (838-7612). I am scheduled to work on the 24th but I am working on getting the day off so I can attend the meeting. At the very least I hope to see you at the meeting. Skip

Troy182
01/09/2004, 06:16 PM
I saw some things on his site I would really like to get if he is.

mhagst1
01/09/2004, 07:14 PM
ditto

robwsup
01/09/2004, 07:21 PM
I may come if enough interest in stuff. Two hours each way is a large chunck of a Saturday, as local business here has really picked up. That said, let me know if anything on the site interests you, as I may be able to cut you a special deal.

minfinger
01/09/2004, 07:23 PM
Really it's only 2 hours to your place? I thought it was further than that.

Email me your address.

robwsup
01/09/2004, 07:52 PM
Well, kind of, I made good time if you know what I mean, but most people could make it in 2.5 hours.

minfinger
01/09/2004, 10:40 PM
I was thinking it was like 3 or 4 hours.

All I know is I left Atlanta at 1AM one time and made it to my house in West Ashley at 5:30AM. I didn't slow down in the 35 MPH zones LMAO

Troy182
01/10/2004, 09:02 AM
I was really liking zoa0125. But it may be just as easy for me to pick it up as I may be going to Atlanta to pick up my brothers RV for my Chicago trip. I will let you know

robwsup
01/10/2004, 09:30 AM
Troy,
You may want to check the shipping tab on my website. There is a link there that will tell you if UPS Ground will get to you the next day. I sent Luke a box of Ricordea via UPS Ground. It took one day and cost $7.00.

minfinger
01/10/2004, 10:40 AM
We're you still going to send out those test shipments?

Troy182
01/11/2004, 08:19 AM
If the weather where a little warmer I would try that but it's too darn cold to trust UPS to get it here in 1 day. I have had a couple of problems with them in the past.

robwsup
01/11/2004, 09:57 AM
I agree Troy. Also, I'm wanting the business to pay for the stuff, which is kind of hard right now, as it is barely able to afford equipment and livestock.

minfinger
01/11/2004, 12:01 PM
Maybe we should just have a meeting at Rob's ;)

Aquarius Lady
01/11/2004, 12:05 PM
Maybe we should just have a meeting at Rob's ;)

I dunno Mike, that is FAR too dangerous <G> LOL! I may come home with more than I know what to do with! :lol:

BUT, if we ever do go up to the Columbia area for a meeting, someone is gonna have to let me car-pool with them. That's too far for me to drive, unfortunately :(

minfinger
01/11/2004, 12:11 PM
Not with me no more. It's hard getting 2.5 people in the little truck. We traded in the Xterra for a Frontier and now we have no room. You're more than welcome to sit in the bed ;)

Yes, I think going to Rob's would be a life or death situation. If I went there and came home I'm sure most of the stuff I bought would die in my tank :D;)

Columbia would be cool again, I'm just not sure how "well" their group is doing.

robwsup
01/11/2004, 12:37 PM
I don't know if i could make the drive to Rob's house :(

LOL! Sounds like a great idea. Maybe you guys could plan a group trip down here sometime!

Seriously though, there is alot of stuff on the site that will not make the site for months at least. That and prices are MUCH better when I don't have to ship!

Any of you guys have minivans? Road trip!

skipm
01/11/2004, 01:08 PM
I can handle the Beaufort area reefers in my truck, it should be able to seat 5 with no trouble without anyone having to ride in the back ;)

minfinger
01/11/2004, 03:30 PM
See that's what I'm thinking. We get about 10 people down there.

I know Rob would like that ;)

Troy182
01/11/2004, 09:34 PM
I have a Durango that will hold 6 reefers and a 6wx10Lx8H trailer that will just about fit all the stuff I would buy.LOL

Troy182
01/11/2004, 09:36 PM
oh yeah, with enough notice I could borrow my brothers 34 foot RV for a group road trip

robwsup
01/11/2004, 10:00 PM
RV?!? Man that's a serious road-trip. Bring it, I dare you!

Quicksilver
01/11/2004, 10:13 PM
I'm in, I've never been good with turning a dare down. William

minfinger
01/12/2004, 09:08 AM
That would be interesting.

Troy182
01/12/2004, 06:16 PM
just talked to my brother the RV is in the Shop. I will let you guys know when it becomes available. Still have SUV and Trailer if we want to do it soon

minfinger
01/12/2004, 08:07 PM
I call shot gun, I'm not riding in the trailer.

skipm
01/13/2004, 10:49 AM
Why not? Its a real nice trailer ;)

skipm
01/13/2004, 10:52 AM
Of course if we really want to go overboard I have a friend that has 3 limos [2 SUV types (Cadillac Escalade and a Ford Excursion)], I think all of them hold 12 people each and have TVs, Bars, etc.

minfinger
01/13/2004, 12:23 PM
Sit in a lime with 15 of my closest reef freinds, get drunk and then try to buy corals? HMMM.... Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Aquarius Lady
01/13/2004, 02:58 PM
Actually, I think it would be interesting to have a meeting at Rob's some time, or just a road trip to see him. I'm in!!!!!

minfinger
01/13/2004, 03:36 PM
Road trip, I'm all about that and so is Rob.

Aquarius Lady
01/13/2004, 07:19 PM
Sit in a limo with 15 of my closest reef freinds, get drunk and then try to buy corals? HMMM.... Good Idea or Bad Idea?

:rollface: Man now THAT Is a serious road trip!!!!

Gentlemen.....
Todays agenda:

Road trip to columbia in limo w/ drinks and snacks
meeting at Rob's place
Grab some food at a fast food place or??
perhaps a visit to a LFS?
bringing home boxes of Reef/Fish/Coral/ goodies

.....Priceless!!!!!!!!
Sounds good to me! So Mike, is that like our Feb meeting schedule?? <muhahahahahaha!> :D

minfinger
01/13/2004, 07:22 PM
Sounds good!! I still like the motor home idea! Troy, what's the word?

Psst...He's in Aiken, SC ;)

kidzatheart
01/13/2004, 09:46 PM
I would really love that, just hope my tank would be ready for the stuff we bring home.....lol.....wish i had it ready now going crazy wanting to put stuff in it. Just name the time and the day we go so i can get it off from work and would be set.
arthur/lori

Troy182
01/14/2004, 08:07 AM
Sounds like we should plan our road trip for next months meeting to me.

minfinger
01/14/2004, 10:22 AM
Sounds good to me. Troy, Tell us when you can get the RV?

Aquarius Lady
01/14/2004, 12:45 PM
ROB-
You listening to all this buddy<G> You gonna have to put in an order for us, so we can pick up all our stuff.
I'm still looking for a SMALL Wellso (3" or under for my nano) or any other interesting LPS like Torch, Frogspawn, etc. ;) (hint)
Also Rob, you ever gonna list some Inverts on your invert page<G> I could always use a good GLASS cleaning snail or two or an interesting shrimp or crab <G>
heh, heh!

robwsup
01/14/2004, 01:52 PM
I'm listening, I'll keep my eyes open for a small Wellso. Have you seen the one on my site? Supposedly that is fairly rare like 1 out 100-200 collected. I know I've never seen one like it.

djangoboots
01/14/2004, 03:02 PM
Hello Mike and others. I am a new member and I can't wait to come to my first meeting. I have a 125G soon to be reef (hopefully) I don't have any frags to trade as I don't have any corals yet. But if anyone has too many and would like to donate I would be more than happy to recieve!! And will be sure to return the favor once mine takes off!

minfinger
01/14/2004, 04:47 PM
Hello,

I hope you can make it out. I think you will be very surprised with what you take home. If you can find Matt on here, one of our other members, he came to his first meeting and went home with several corals. And is now planning on bringing back frags from the corals he got from the club.

You'll go home with something, I promise.

I think we should make it a motto, "No one goes home empty fragged" :D

See you at the meeting. Check out robs site too, he's got some great stuff and ask him for anything, he can most likely order it.

kidzatheart
01/14/2004, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone. We have been looking thru Robs site and have found atleast 2 things we would like to get. Our tank seems to be getting some better. We found that we have 3 shrooms living and doing well. We also have some of the small feather dusters.The one room we have has 2 small shrooms on it and it is doing well. We bought that shroom rock. The other shroom, the one that is in the picture is one that was a tag along on a piece of live rock we bought. That shroom is very beautiful, It is white and around the edge is neon yellow. We would definitely enjoy a road trip to robs. Now is the time to start saving the extra money we will need to buy all we want. lol. I am going to post on the other thread the things we would like to get at the meeting from rob. One thing i want now shows as sold :+( but maybe he can get another one in. Cant wait for this meeting.

Lori & arthur

Aquarius Lady
01/14/2004, 05:21 PM
If your going to be at the next meeting, Lori & Arthur, I have a cute Red Shroom you all can have ;) Lemme know if your going to be there.

DashHD
01/14/2004, 06:54 PM
For anyone interested my brother-in-law has some encrusting gorgonian he would like to trade . If anyone is interested I can get him to bring some . I am planning on dragging him along to the meeting .

Here is a picture of what some looks like this is from my tank .

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/demum/xeniares2.jpg

1SQ
01/15/2004, 10:44 AM
:( i can't make it to the meeting this month. I'll be thinking about you guys.

Aquarius Lady
01/15/2004, 11:28 AM
Nader-
You'll be missed :( I remember chatting with you before, your good folks! Hope you can make it to the Feb meeting or to the upcoming "Road Trip to Robs" <g> :D
(Mike doesn't know it yet, but that is our Feb meeting ) ;) LOL!

skipm
01/15/2004, 02:49 PM
I feel for you Nader. I don't know if work is your problem but it sure does tend to get in the way of reefing. I am all for the 2 day work week! Skip