PDA

View Full Version : Graet Customer Service Story

john harrell
07/13/2001, 05:23 PM
Let me tell you a story.

Everyone knows the expense of setting up a saltwater tank. I have been aquiring parts whenever I could find them at a price I could afford (used or closeouts or sales). Well I had been looking at Premium Aquatics and found a used protien skimmer at a great prcie. Then when I found a 96 watt pc retro kit (ballast/endcaps/reflectors all used) I ordered them right away. Shortly after ordering them I recieved an email for Jason (the owner) that when they were packing my order they notice that the end caps were messed up, so if Icould wait a week or so that he would order new ones(at no additional charge).

NOW THATS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Well when the light kit showed up and Igot it unpacked Inotice that there was NO reflectors. So I emailed Jason to let him now my dissappointment. Well being the Great person Jason is he has sent me 2 NEW reflectors at NO CAHRGE.

I now were I'll be spending more of my hard eared dollars.

I suggest everyone checkout this site (espicially the closeout section)

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE MY HATS OFF TO JASON.:(

craig thompson
07/13/2001, 05:40 PM
At this point in time I am not sure of Jason or mailorder. read the email I just sent Jason. If I hear fom Jason I will also post that we are talking about $75.00 worth of co2 tank missing from my order.

JASON FREY/PREMIUM AQUATICS ,

I had a order delivered today. under tracking number790101162567 via Feed Ex. The order came in one box and it was missing the co2 tank that I paid for and was charged for. Everything else was in the box, What are you going to do about sending me that tank. I paid for two day delivery on what I ordered , which included the tank, It is now Friday night , I tried calling but you were gone for the day. I ordered from you as I was told that you were a very dependable. This is my first order from Premium Aquadics and I am disappointed that this mistake happened. Jason I frequent www.ReefCentral.com and That is were I learned about your dependibity. I hope you were out of stock and that bottle is winging it to me as we speak. I have paid the full shipping and I believe it should be shipped at your company cost.

Below is the email I received when I ordered the kit , you will see that it included the Tank: In the email it said you would contact me if you were out off anything so I assumed you were sending everything. I guess I get the old saying "assume mkes an *** out of u and me". for real right now.

Please let me know the status asap

Thank You

Craig Thompson
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :confused: :confused: :confused:

discented
07/13/2001, 06:00 PM
craig, hey....u will defenitly get it sent to u free of shipping, but sometimes things like that happen....just wait itwill either show up or he will call or return ur email...ive also heard how good he was so just hang in there.....

craig thompson
07/13/2001, 06:23 PM
discented

I am going to wait and see what happens, but it is hard when you defer ordering from one company that offered free shipping and go with the other because the had a good rep and pay the shipping.

I am taking about paying 40.00 bucks more then I had to.

I ordered a calcium reactor with the tank to make sure no one had used the tank with any oter gas, ya know. JUst for my own safty and my tanks.

craig

Nanook
07/13/2001, 06:28 PM
Ditto that. First discuss this with Jason reasonably, I'm sure he will take care of you. Second, there is a forum for Premium Aquatics here on RC, you should post this there for his personal attention. Third, we are all humans, even Jason, anything could have happened with that order. Get the facts first, discuss with the owner and if still not satisfied, then post on the Premium Aquatics section your unfavorable review. If it seems like I'm defending Jason, I am, he has an impeccable service record.

Nanook

mr9iron
07/13/2001, 07:01 PM
My experiences with Premium Aquatics has been very acceptable. Jason has a great rapport with his coustomers and if he makes a mistake he goes above and beyond to make it right. Give him a chance he will make it right.

Aquamans Reef
07/13/2001, 07:53 PM
Now I'll know who Im ordering from next time

discented
07/13/2001, 08:19 PM
craig i dont wanna seem like i'm against you cause i'm not..i understand what u feel because when i ordered from ..........they forgot some things, but i called and it was taken care of free of charge so i know the same with u because jason though i never delt with him is a good guy as i hear so i no u wont have problems....well good luck and it will be interesting to known what happens......discented

Nagel
07/13/2001, 08:19 PM
I gotta chime in here too. I have ordered several things on several occasions from PA. Jason has ALWAYS been good in terms of customer service. If he didnt respond to your mail right away, give him a few days. Occasionally he gets 100-150 emails a day, and you can imagine how long that takes to answer. He WILL make good on your order, I can assure you of that. On one order I sent him emails to add a few things (actually, 3 emails, to add 3 things, I just kept adding). Well, one of them was mistakenly left off the order ( I can't blame them for that, it was an additional item not on the "actual" order). Well, they didnt charge me for it because it wasn't "on the order". I mentioned to Jason that he had left an item out accidentally, and they offered to send it to me regular mail (2-3 days transit time) for NO CHARGE because they mistakenly omitted the item. I declined (because I wasn't in dire need), but I ordered that item a few weeks later when I placed another order (this time keeping all my items on the actual order), and all arrived with my package.

Give Jason a day or two, I guarantee he will respond, and even more so, I guarantee he will work with you to make things right.

Two thumbs up for Premium Aquatics in my book, they really do work their butts off to make the customer happy, and I'm sure you will not be an exception!

DgenR8
07/13/2001, 08:21 PM
I've never ordered from Jason, just never made my way to his site. I'm not looking to "blow anyones horn" here, but I can't help wondering if you should have gotten in touch with him before posting this. If you are unhappy with the service you got, I think you should get in touch with the person that gave you that service first and then if he doesn't solve the problem, come here and SLAM him.
If I were Jason, and I came accross this thread, I don't think I'd jump to help you out. You gotta do things in the correct order to get favorable results.
JMHO ;)

craig thompson
07/13/2001, 11:09 PM
OKAY EVERYONE , I was not trying to knock down jason or premium aquadics, I just saw the first post here and I had just got my order and it was missing a 75.00 piece of equipment.

So I just chimed into say I was not sure yet But I just got home and read my email and I have already had a responce from Jason and he is saying he will make it good, He offered to refund my money on that piece or ship it out monday.

I am tring to make up my mind right now what I should do:rolleyes:

I decided to have Jason send me the tank and also sell me some shrimp if he can send the in the same order.

Craig

john harrell
07/15/2001, 04:49 PM
hey larry ,

maybe you should actually READ the post at the beginning and it tells you that I DID CONTACT JASON and HE RESPONDED immediatley.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
pleae re read you might understand the post better

john

DgenR8
07/15/2001, 08:12 PM
John,
I think maybe YOU missed something. I guess I should have been a little clearer, my response was directed at this post:

Originally posted by craig thompson
At this point in time I am not sure of Jason or mailorder. read the email I just sent Jason. If I hear fom Jason I will also post that we are talking about $75.00 worth of co2 tank missing from my order.

JASON FREY/PREMIUM AQUATICS ,

I had a order delivered today. under tracking number790101162567 via Feed Ex. The order came in one box and it was missing the co2 tank that I paid for and was charged for. Everything else was in the box, What are you going to do about sending me that tank. I paid for two day delivery on what I ordered , which included the tank, It is now Friday night , I tried calling but you were gone for the day. I ordered from you as I was told that you were a very dependable. This is my first order from Premium Aquadics and I am disappointed that this mistake happened. Jason I frequent www.ReefCentral.com and That is were I learned about your dependibity. I hope you were out of stock and that bottle is winging it to me as we speak. I have paid the full shipping and I believe it should be shipped at your company cost.

Below is the email I received when I ordered the kit , you will see that it included the Tank: In the email it said you would contact me if you were out off anything so I assumed you were sending everything. I guess I get the old saying "assume mkes an *** out of u and me". for real right now.

Please let me know the status asap

Thank You

Craig Thompson
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :confused: :confused: :confused:

craig thompson
07/17/2001, 03:30 PM

Well Jason came through for me and got the tank to me Tuesday via Fed Ex. I got it in the morning delivery and was able to get the tank filled and in use within the hour. I also odered some pepermint shrimp that came in with the tanks and the were doing great.

all in all I now have an Happy feeling about PA and will probably order from him again.

Tanks again Jason,
Craig

DgenR8
07/17/2001, 07:23 PM
Glad to hear of your happy ending!

Nagel
07/18/2001, 01:16 PM
I knew Jason would set things right. Good companies will do that for ya :) Glad it all worked out.