PDA

View Full Version : My Dottyback has the creeping crud - I think

king1522
07/12/2001, 10:09 PM
My Purple Dottyback has a single white spot above one of his eyes. I don't believe it is ick. It's just one spot and seems a bit large for ick. It looks almost like a bruise, except it's white. I can't even say with certainty that it has the look of cotton. He's active, eating well and has good color. Not much of a description, but the best I can give.:confused: He is by himself in my mini reef 7 gal bowfront. The tank has been set up exactly 80 days. It has about a 4 inch sand bed of Aragamax, about 12 pounds of live rock, mushrooms, few snails, bristleworms, and other critters. The lighting is a 32 watt pc retrofit and I'm using a Prizm skimmer. No ammonia or nitrates. SG is 1.025 and pH is 7.9. I need some ideas about what it may be and how to treat it. If it needs to be treated, will I need to place him in quarantine? I have enough spare equipment around and a biowheel that has been sitting in my sump of my 36 for about 3 months for such an emergency. Any and all help, flames, comments or whatever is welcome.:D: