PDA

View Full Version : Fragging

assassinco97
12/24/2003, 11:35 AM
Hey guys I just got a frag from Pet supplies plus in monroevillle and was surprised to find that in addition to my candy cane frag I also got two or three mushroom frags that were also attached to the rock as well. What I want to know is how do I frag these off the rock as I'm nervous about the shrooms touching the other and have no experience with fragging.

Thanks
Ed

Bill King
12/25/2003, 03:50 AM
Hi Ed
If you want to completely remove the shrooms, you will have to chip the rock where the shroom is attached. They are very good at regeneration. Trying to scrape, or cut them from the rock will leave small amounts of tissue, which will grow into new shrooms.
good luck
Bill

assassinco97
12/25/2003, 01:27 PM
Thanks Bill.....After I frag these guys do I just attach them to rock with super glue or something. I guess I'm going to have to just scrape because these frags have attached themselves to the skeleton of the candy cane, and I don't want them killing it.

Thanks for all the help
Ed

musicsmaker
12/27/2003, 03:43 PM
After you remove the shroom, you can glue the piece of rubble that came off with it to another rock. Glue wont stick to the tissue of the shroom itself, at least I have not been able to get it to.

The way that has worked best for me is to tie the loose shroom down to the rock you want to attach it to with a piece of string.

Bill King
12/27/2003, 09:42 PM
Ed
I just drop the shrooms into a "rubble pile" inside a donut made from 2 or 3 inch pvc pipe.
or a plastic basket like you get berries from the market.
put them in a low flow area so they don't blow away.
They will attach in a couple days.
good luck
Bill