PDA

View Full Version : Any good local fish stores near me?

klarnox
12/23/2003, 10:51 PM
Anyone have suggestions on good fish stores in the Stevens Point or Wausau area?

ickthoose
01/08/2004, 02:07 PM
I've shopped at Roe's Pet store in Wausau. Great tank deals and good FW/SW selection. Somewhat pricey. I purchase some from Liveaquaria.com, which is Foster and Smith in Rhinelander. They currently have a couple of tanks up in their outlet store but are building a new store that will open soon which is supposed to have more selection. The outlet store now has some great deals on dry goods. Most fish ect is shipped from Ca.
I live in Lac du Flambeau by Minocqua.

klarnox
01/08/2004, 02:39 PM
ickthoose, I grew up in Minocqua and am quite familiar with the area. Where in Rhinelander is Foster and Smith, and if you know where will the new store be? Maybe I'll get a chance to check it out the next time I'm home visiting my parents.

I've heard of Roe's Pet store (a friend of a friend just recommended it to me) but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

ickthoose
01/08/2004, 05:09 PM
I come into Rhinelander on 47. Foster Smith sits one block off of the juction of 8 and 47. It's back in the Industrial Park. The DMV is also back there. The new building is up but not yet open. It is directly in back of the existing wharehouse/outlet store.
Yahoo maps can give you the road names.
Let me know if you need anything else.

klarnox
01/08/2004, 05:18 PM
Got it. Thanks for the info.

01/13/2004, 05:40 PM
Skip Roe's, very pricy and bad selection when they have anything. The other saltwater store Fishdaddy's went out of business again. I make all my trips to Gooch's in GreenBay. He has the best and healthiest corals around!

klarnox
01/13/2004, 06:08 PM
Well, trips to Green Bay for coral could probably be arranged with the significant other... She has friends in Green Bay that she would like to see more often. :)

BryanJ
01/15/2004, 07:02 AM
If you are coming to Green Bay Gooch's is definitely the place to buy corals. You have to email him to make an appointment as he works out of his house. 80% of my corals are from him. You may want to also check out Aquatic Imports for livestock. Best selection in town.