PDA

View Full Version : Local folks getting together Dec 23rd

adshuraj777
12/22/2003, 04:47 PM
After work, tuesday, informal gathering, Kev Louie please post details as far as the place you were talking about.

kevlouie
12/23/2003, 08:49 AM
The little bar next to Emerald Bay say around 5:00. I think its called Daltons. Just a few beers and some hangin out. I will probably wander around the store for a few minutes and head over. If nobody shows no biggie. We'll do one after x-mas with a little more planning.

Crazy 4169
12/23/2003, 10:55 PM
Wanted to be there, just too little notice. Let's try to get something together after the first, maybe on a weekend. Look foward to meeting you all!!

kevlouie
12/24/2003, 08:49 AM
Yeah they were closed for a private party anyway, whoops.

PhoenixINX
12/24/2003, 09:36 AM
Ack - lets try to do this again, with more warning! :D

Maybe someone could compile all the emails and send something out?

I'm still on the wall about staying with a sucessful FO or if it's time to jump into Reef.

Either way - good to have locals into the same thing!

A. Critter Killer
12/24/2003, 06:01 PM
Hey...Waz up Kev., this is Sean from E-Bay, I remember you saying the other day when you were in the store that you were going to Daltons for a couple of beers. Did anybody show up, or was the place already closed for a private party? How many people do you think would be interested in joining the club if we were to get one up and goin'?

kevlouie
12/25/2003, 11:40 PM
They were closed already. Don't know but reefin is one of the few excuses the wife will let me loose for so I'm in for the next meeting. I'm thinking between 5 and 15. Pretty good spread I know. But there are a lot of people lurking around that might be interested once we get a little organized and we start doing group buys or see some sort of benefit ...like discounts :) Sorry if that didn't make much sense or if I mispelled, up late drinkin my christmas cuervo

A. Critter Killer
12/28/2003, 12:13 AM
Nothin' wrong with a little Jose to help pass the hells of a "Merry" Christmas. I'm too broke for that little courage in a shot! But we were actually kicking around the idea of a professional-type orginization or club....like pond society, and maybe offer some sort of benefits or discounts; but this idea is still in the early stages. Whomever is on the forum, if you are interested, reply or PM me, and let me know. I need an idea of what I am working with. thanx. ----Sean

adshuraj777
12/28/2003, 03:38 AM
definately interested, I am new to the hobby and would love to be familiar enough with folks to get some "on site" help with setting up a few things.

A. Critter Killer
12/28/2003, 11:20 AM
Not trying to push the store (too much), but stop in from time to time, meet myself, & Oldschooler(Robert). We also encounter RCMike, Wooglin, KevLouie, Ed_Peters, Sideways, Aquaman, and many others on a regular basis. Come out and meet new people!

aquaman67
12/29/2003, 03:13 PM
Count me in...although I live about an hour away. Atleast you are on my side of Nashville. Woo Hoo!

I'm not to sure about the pond theme, but whatever works...

I've been trying to get there and hope to make it soon.

Later!

A. Critter Killer
12/29/2003, 10:29 PM
I am not suggesting the pond theme, I am merely saying we could model after The Pond Society, which is a club that is already well established. P.S. Got a HUGE shipment of NICE corals!!! Will post them Soon! Too tired to write them all down after busting down that pond in the front window, but maybe tomarrow! One other thing, we have got a killer idea you reef-heads will love for the pond, not sayin' what it is but check it out in the commin' weeks! ----Sean

dbroome
12/30/2003, 09:24 AM
I'm interested as well...

snakedr
01/03/2004, 11:24 AM
Please keep me informed when you plan to meet.
I am in Manchester, TN
Tom

A. Critter Killer
01/03/2004, 10:30 PM
Emerald Bay WANTS to get something started and possibly sponsor a club (along with possible discounts)! Any suggestions? Thanx. ----Sean

Sideways84
01/04/2004, 10:25 PM
I think a local " club or group " would be a great idea. I've been trying to find other locals for purely the educational benefits, Seeing others setups and livestock etc.

To me it seems that Emerald Bay has a really good chance to step up and create it's niche with a local club.

I was hoping to have someone come out and see my set up, See the 400w Metal halides UPS just delivered after winning on Ebay and let me know what to do next. The things are HUGE and probably going to be overkill for my 55....

The discounts would be a nice little bonus, with that thought I have to tell you guys that I think most of us have NO PROBLEM paying retail with you guys at Emerald Bay. I just don't want to see you guys struggle financially 2-3 months down the road because you were afraid to charge a fair price and taxes for fear of losing business. As any club ideas come along keep me informed .

rcampbell84@comcast.net

A. Critter Killer
01/05/2004, 11:11 PM
'Preciate that Sideways, but we try to include our tax in the Retail cost for you guys (unless it is on something ALREADY at bare cost, such as we do with Aquariums). It makes it a lot easier at the end of the night to do the books. Don't worry, Uncle Sam still gets his cut. We are trying to cater to the "True" hobbyist such as yourselves. I think I will shoot myself if I hear anouther soccer mom ask how many goldfish they can put in a bowl!!

Hey Sideways, also be sure to e-mail or bring in some pics of your cannopy when you get it built! ----Sean

fishdoc11
01/06/2004, 10:02 PM
I am also interested in participating in a club of some sort. I think the idea of meeting at members houses is a good one. Getting to see other peoples tanks in person and discuss them would be fun and I think everyone that is interested would learn from it. I would certainly be willing to host one at my house some time in the future. I think it would also be helpfull to plan these some time in advance so as to give everybody time to plan for them that wanted to attend. Just my two cents for what it is worth.
I also have several different frags that I would like to trade with people in middle TN for corals that I don't have. These are mainly sps. Bright green and purple edge Mont. capricornis,blonde,orange andpink digitata,blue tip Acro loripes,Acro tri-color,green hair Acro and green hydnaphora are some that I have ready but I have several others that are big enough but not fragged yet. These are for trade not for sale. Post if you are interested. I'm glad to finally find this forum. I hope to learn something from all you guys and gals and maybe some of you can learn something from me too.
Thanks, Chris

A. Critter Killer
01/06/2004, 10:58 PM
Hey Chris, Glad you finally were able to log on to the forum. Just got a HUGE Spannish Dancer nudibranch (~5")! Also, got some rock like I've never seen before(Bahama Liverocki)! My Large A.C. order is cummin' Thurs. instead of mon. Sorry for the inconvenience. ----Sean

adshuraj777
01/06/2004, 11:37 PM
hey, any local folks have any lighting equip for sale?

A. Critter Killer
01/07/2004, 09:07 AM
A buddy of mine has a used set of PCs that he is bringing to the store, don't know what he wants, but I am sure they will be cheap. I believe he said that they have a new set of bulbs. I also have anouther friend that has some German halides for sale for CHEAP, I just need to try to catch him when he is in from the military. ----Sean

adshuraj777
01/07/2004, 09:47 AM
thanks killer, let me know.

by the way, did you ever see this, i posted it in the other forum when you were debating about posting your inventory on this site.

www.adamzc.com/emeraldbay

fishdoc11
01/07/2004, 10:25 AM
Hey Sean,
Glad I finally got on too. Error on my part,as usual. I'll be by this afternoon.
Thanks, Chris

A. Critter Killer
01/07/2004, 11:40 PM
On the PC's he said he wanted $150, I think. The fixture is 48". They have 4-65 watt lights. 2- 10.000K, 2- Actinic 03. The bulbs are three months old. William has gone back to To the Coast for the Navy, so I don't know when I might see him next to ask him about the hailides. P.S. I appreciate the use on your site, but I truely do not want to use you. Though I am not taking anything but purely your time, I am taking that...time is money. I may make a crap *** tripod site just for new postings. Also, if anyone has the ability to make a truely GREAT site for the store that we could be proud of we are now in the market(cash or trade)! ----Sean

adshuraj777
01/07/2004, 11:56 PM
tell me how to get in touch with him, i'll take them.

as far as the site goes, it was just an option in case the admins dont let you post your inventory until you get something going, no worries.

btw, i have a guy who makes great websites, several local businesses have used him, i'll contact him and get him in touch with you.

A. Critter Killer
01/08/2004, 05:19 AM
Call me tomarrow (actually today) at the store (615)646-8950, and I'll give you his info. Once again, I believe everything mentioned above is true, but I might be mistaken. Glad I could help. ----Sean

A. Critter Killer
01/13/2004, 11:16 PM
Adam, I have the PC's at the store. He was mistaken, there are 4 55 watt lights, looks nice. Still in great condition. Independant ballasts with independant cords, fan cooled etc. Not bad for a buck-fifty! ----Sean 646-8950

adshuraj777
01/14/2004, 12:26 AM
great, i'll be there to get them before the weeks out, i have night classes so it may be saturday, thanks.