PDA

View Full Version : What's New?

minfinger
12/21/2003, 12:07 PM
Anyone got anything new going? I'm so excited about my new fish tanks I picked up yesterday. That's my new project. :D

Simbo18
12/21/2003, 08:35 PM
Well, what all did you pick up?? I know about the tank but I read in another thread that you got some other really good extra's, lets hear them. And congrats!!!

:wildone:Luke:wildone:

minfinger
12/22/2003, 07:57 AM
1 - 65G to 75G Plywood prop tank 72"L x 20"W x 12"D
1 - 20G to 30G Plywood Sump for prop tank with circle viewing window (Really nice)
1 - 75G RR All Glass (Single Overflow) with Stand and DIY Hood
3 - Metal Halide Street lamp Hoods. It's not polished, but it will work.
4 - MH Mogul Sockets
1 - 110W ?? Dual VHO Ballast
1 - 400W MH Ballast - Needs a new capacitor.
1 - Hang-on Skimmer, needs pump

I think that's about it. I'll end up using every bit of it too. I was going to try and sell the 75G, but instead of buying wood and building stands for my other tanks. I'll just make more water and buy more egg crate. Then make some shelves and I'll be good to go.

Oh yeah, he gaveme some frags too. Birds nest, some Green Montipora Cap, 2 Zoo frags, and a bag full of caplupera.

Cool huh?

Simbo18
12/23/2003, 09:46 PM
Sweet stuff man, sorry I got back so late, I was in the hospital yesterday.

So, your going to be useing MH now? And I thought you couldn't keep sps...... you just couldn't pass up free stuff, huh :D.

:wildone:Luke:wildone:

minfinger
12/24/2003, 02:03 AM
Well the Cap is already dead...I told him it would die in my 55G LOL He didn't listen. LOL The birdsnest is still doing ok, but we'll see.

Yeah I'm going to run MH over all of the Prop tanks.

I've got that VHO ballast, I just needs some end caps and the bulbs. Although, I think the only purpose of the VHO is for the better color. I might keep a 36" Actinic lying around that I can use to show off the colors and take pics.