PDA

View Full Version : Trades

Brad Ward
07/09/2001, 11:15 AM
If anyone wants to trade, I need some colorful acropora to start building my system up again. It is finally coming around. :D

Alf,

What size tank you looking for? I have an new 120 that I am not going to be using now. RR 4x2x2 Oceanview. I also have a natural ash stand that will work with it. I will sell them together for $450.

tony
07/09/2001, 11:21 AM
Do you still have the tank for sale. I am interested. Can you send pictures if possible. Thanks in advance

Tony

Brad Ward
07/09/2001, 12:01 PM
Hi Tony,

Here is a picture of the sister tank that I got at the same time. BTW, it's the one on the left.:D

http://coralfarmer.homestead.com/files/Lagoonsys121400.jpg

tony
07/09/2001, 01:16 PM
Hi Brad,
Are you selling this tank? Just curious, do you have frag for sale?

alf3482
07/09/2001, 01:32 PM
Brad that is exactly what i'm looking for. I'll send you an e-mail. I was wanting the 120 4x2x2. don't let any one else have it.

Brad Ward
07/09/2001, 02:18 PM
Oh boy, what to do. The tank for sale is the same exact tank and stand as the one pictured, but brand new. I bought two of them and only used one. You will have to duke it out on this one. First $450 cash takes it. :D

Tony,

I do have a lot of different stuff to trade. I have sold stuff as well, but I really want Acropora frags to restock my mother colony tank. What were you looking for?

tony
07/10/2001, 08:20 PM
Hi Brad,

I mainly in the softies and lps right now. Right now I have a frogsqawn and mainly leather, mushrooms, polyps, and xenia. I was wondering if you have any more different lps and softies. Thanks

Brad Ward
07/10/2001, 09:09 PM
Tony,

Softies that I have now are Biege Nepthea, 2 sp. Xenia as well as some mushrooms, green star polyps, and Zooanthids. Let me know if anything sounds interesting.

Brad

nvillacci
07/11/2001, 09:15 AM
Brad, I currently have a sort of acro farm in my ten gallon tank right now.
Red acro - green polyps
orange acro - ""
pink Porc
green tip monti
and pink and purple tip montis

Im coming to the next meeting. LMK if you want anything

alf3482
07/11/2001, 10:15 AM
Hey Nick,
don't forget me!!!:D :D :D Hey the acro is going great all his little polyps are out all day now just took a while for him to aclimate to my lights i guess. Still can't find the Monti the crab stole. Can i get another one PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!:rollface: :rollface:

nvillacci
07/11/2001, 10:29 AM
Ill bring some for you to Rob:). Im stocking a little 7.5 gallon tank for work, so if you have any baby corals bring one:D:D.
Jonathon at my favorite FS hooked mr up with the coolest baby torch the other day. Its only 1/2 inch long. I guess Ill just bag all my trading specimens up and bring them to the meeting.
Glad to hear the acros doing good :cool:

Nick

alf3482
07/11/2001, 10:48 AM
Nick,
would you like some polyps I have some bright pink ones, I have some nice brown ones that are growing like mad. I have a baby finger leather, I have a baby yellow toad stool. I have some green striped mushrooms, Purple as well, thats all i can think of off the top of my head anything sound good??:bum:

nvillacci
07/11/2001, 10:51 AM
OOO OO a toadstool baby, cool! Ill bring you a nice monti if you bring the toadstool:D. HEHE I cant wait till the meeting, Ill be leaving with SD sand and corals, YEA!

alf3482
07/11/2001, 10:55 AM
Hey Brad,
Thanks for the new tank!!:D I love it :D By the way can you explain to me exactly how you frag the little heads on my frog spawn i want to try it. Do i have to cut around the tissue before i snap the little baby heads? Thanks

nvillacci
07/11/2001, 10:57 AM
In fragging the frogspawn and get a small one Id rather have one of those instead of the toadstool. Of course you could give me the nice 125 gallon tank instead:rolleyes:

Hehe..
Nick

alf3482
07/11/2001, 11:08 AM
Hi nick,
No problem, If you would like one of those. I have lots of new sprouts and Brad was telling me i did not have to wait for them to get real big, that i could do them now. So i am going to try to mount some on some small rocks this weekend. I'll let you know how it works for me.:D

nvillacci
07/11/2001, 11:10 AM
Good deal!! Ill see you at the meeting!

Brad Ward
07/11/2001, 10:59 PM
Nick,

I would be interested in the acros. I have the three montipora colors. Maybe you would like to come over sometime and see the systems.

Let me know.

Alf,

Glad you like it. I prefer to snap the little heads off with sharp strong scissors. I generally soak them in Rubbing Alcohol before cutting. I would take the mother colony out of the tank and cut it in a bowl if you want to make it easier.

Good Luck!

alf3482
07/12/2001, 08:47 AM
Brad,
Thanks just want to make sure i do it right.

nvillacci
07/12/2001, 12:29 PM
Ill hook you up with some acros. Im having a crisis right now though, some of the acros are starting to bleach. I have already lost one 1" frag. Another is starting to fade fast:(. Im trying to sort out the problem. Im going to replace the carbon today after work. I guess its risky keeping some of the leathers and softies in the same tank as SPS.

Strange though.. the Montiporas and Porites are doing okay. The Montis are calcifying very well and thickening up nicely...

Nick.

PS how far are you from Grapevine Mill Mall? Ill have to make a trip some day to your aquarium, I mean house :D

Brad Ward
07/13/2001, 07:33 AM
Don't tell me about problems, I had the market cornered for awhile there.:rolleyes: I have found the Acropora sp. to be much more likely to have bad reactions than Montipora sp. Yes, I have split my soft and hard corals into different systems for that reason, although Xenia sp. hasn't seemed to be a problem.

Hope it turns around for you,

Brad

Brad Ward
07/13/2001, 07:34 AM
BTW,

I live about 5 minutes away from the GMM.

nvillacci
07/13/2001, 09:22 AM
:o Well I got home today and noticed another frag bit it.... Another 2 look like they are doing bad too.. Man we really need to solve this RTN puzzle. ITs strange, these are all frags that have been in the system for over 2 months now. The ones I put in there last week are all doing well and have there polyps extended, shoot there's even some sign of growth. I have to do something or Im not going to have any acros to trade wendsday.
Brad should I just remove and throw away the infected acros(sniffle). Any ideas? All the parameters are great. No nitrates nitrites ammonia. Ph 8.2 Alk is 4.5. Temp is 81 at ligths off and 84.5 after lights on. Any ideas....

Going over to WDU today and see what they think.

Brad Ward
07/13/2001, 10:05 AM
I would do a 50% water change and add clean carbon asap. Is the tissue sloughing off the skeleton all over, or staring at the bottom and working it's way up?

nvillacci
07/13/2001, 10:11 AM
You know it doesnt even look like its sloughing... But its not bleaching(for sure). It starts out in a small spot, normally in the middle of the branch and just fades away. Ive noticed that as long as the frag has polyps out, its safe. But the ones without polyps extended are the ones dying...

Im going to da a change tonight. Im one of the rare no-change people... With a skimmer and powerfilter and tons of LR and a DSB I thought I was okay. By the way, a millipora I recieved last week was dying off, butt I added some buffer(my PH was 8.0 last week) and its doing better....

Oh well...

Brad Ward
07/13/2001, 10:27 AM
The spot almost sounds like a sting. Any corals like Euphyllia sp. (frogspawn, anchor) around that might have sweeper tentacles?

Small tanks build up chemicals faster than larger tanks. Do water changes;)

nvillacci
07/13/2001, 10:35 AM
No nearby stingers. I have a small bubble and a 1/4" baby torch but they are at the bottom of the tank and these SPS are on a rockshelf at the top. Carbon is in there. Going to do a 50% change tonight..

Well if all goes well(hoping) Ill bring some healthy frags to the meeting wendsday. Ill see you there.

Thanks for the help!

Nick

reefmkr
07/17/2001, 10:25 AM
Brad.

Are you selling detritivore kits? I'm trying to seed my sand bed with different diversity.

thanks

Brad Ward
07/17/2001, 10:52 AM
I will be bringing stuff to the meeting for the raffle, but don't have any for sale at the moment. Look for bags of caluerpa w/sand on the roots. That it the best way to get critters from my tank.

Brad