PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Calfo Seabay Presentation January 17, 2004

tubs
12/20/2003, 02:18 AM
Come and meet Anthony Calfo on:

"Fascinating Reproductive Modes of Reef Invertebrates: Translating Natural Strategies into Aquarium-bred Success."

directions to club meetings (http://www.seabay.org/_directions.htm)

Anthony's Bio: Anthony Rosario Calfo was born in Hawaii and lives in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. He is a lifelong aquarist and an aquarium industry professional that has worked as a commercial coral farmer and wholesaler, producing cultured corals and other reef invertebrates for the ornamental and zoological trade. In 1994, he cofounded the Pittsburg Marine Aquarist Society and is also a mentor and regular content provider on Bob Fenner's WetWebMedia.com where he can be reached daily via email for advice and shared opinions as part of the WWM crew. With Reading Trees Publications and WWM, Anthony has authored many articles and several books including:

"The Book of Coral Propagation, Volume 1" (November 2001)
"Reef Invertebrates" volume 1 of the Natural Marine Aquarium series (April 2003) Reading Trees and WetWebMedia Publication with Bob Fenner.

Abstract of Presentation: In this presentation we will explore some of the remarkable means and methods that reef invertebrates use to reproduce, and consider how they might best be exploited for captive propagation efforts. Attendees sitting in the first three rows will need to wear goggles, a raincoat, and fisherman's waders. The rest of the audience can simply wear black sunglasses.

John

Photon
12/20/2003, 12:23 PM
Hey John,
I think I'll have to attend another of your club meetings!!!!
James

BoomerD
12/20/2003, 10:03 PM
Attendees sitting in the first three rows will need to wear goggles, a raincoat, and fisherman's waders. The rest of the audience can simply wear black sunglasses.

John, sounds like a Gallagher show!

tubs
12/22/2003, 11:58 PM
Neil,

You've seen Anthony the last time he was here for BARE didn't you. He supposed to be a great witty guy.

John

tubs
12/22/2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Photon
Hey John,
I think I'll have to attend another of your club meetings!!!!
James James yeah Anthony should be lots of fun - probably one of the most entertaining guest we'll ever have!!

John

silverain420
12/23/2003, 05:01 PM
I did check out the SEABay website... I just want to confirm that non memebers can come to this meeting... I am very interested in becoming a member, and will most likely sign up at this meeting...

tubs
12/23/2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by silverain420
I did check out the SEABay website... I just want to confirm that non memebers can come to this meeting... I am very interested in becoming a member, and will most likely sign up at this meeting... Absolutely open to the public - you or anyone are most invited to come :)

John

dwarfatize
01/05/2004, 02:04 AM
Hi,
That sounds cool! I will try and make it out to your next meeting. I have been meaning to go but one thing or another comes up. BTW what time is the meeting?
Thanks,
Dane

tubs
01/05/2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by dwarfatize
Hi,
That sounds cool! I will try and make it out to your next meeting. I have been meaning to go but one thing or another comes up. BTW what time is the meeting?
Thanks,
Dane

7PM :D,

John

Photon
01/17/2004, 01:54 PM
John,
Can you give me directions to the meeting?
I have forgotten the exit on 101.
James

tubs
01/17/2004, 02:05 PM
James,

Exit is Embarcadero East and keep going till you pass an airport (Palo Alto Airport) to your left. At the end of the road make a left and go to the end and park. It's the brown building on stilts in the marsh.

Here's a link to directions and address and you can use mapquest as well:

http://www.seabay.org/_directions.htm

See ya there,
John

Photon
01/18/2004, 06:20 AM
John,
I really enjoyed the meeting tonight. Anthony was a great presenter and extremely knowledgable.
Good to see you also!

James

tubs
01/19/2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah he is a great guy to hang around with and a damn treasure chest of information.

He's also has lots of tricks up his sleeves for the those tough situations we get into at times.

You can reach him for advice daily at wetwebmedia.com

John