PDA

View Full Version : 225 gal is here. Woo Hoo!!

CAreefer
12/16/2003, 09:24 PM
Well, my long awaited tank has finally arrived. It is a little tough to get a good picture with only a flash, but I tried. Dimensions are 72"Lx 30"Wx 24" Tall. I can hardly wait to get this thing up and rollin. Plans are for 2 250 DE HQI xm 10k on Ice Cap and 2 250 watt Ushio 10k (still undecided as to SE or DE. I will wait until the DE's are up and running, then make a decision. I will try to attach pic from gallery but, if it doesn't work, the pics are in the gallery. My website is currently unavailable to link pics to. (billing problems) aka too much money on tank, not enough to homestead. Oh well, one must have priorities.:eek1:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=19641&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

CAReefer

lilbuddy
12/17/2003, 10:03 AM
nice looking tank, have fun with it!

Soltaker
12/17/2003, 03:38 PM
sweet looking tank :cool:

Fliger
12/17/2003, 06:44 PM
Cool tank. Question on the lighting, why two different pair or 10K lighting? Or is one pair 20K?

Foster
12/18/2003, 01:34 PM
NICE! Is that a LeeMar?

How long was the wait on that?

Did you paint the back black, or did it ship like that?

I ordered that same tank - should be here next week!

Jimbo327
12/18/2003, 08:10 PM
What kind of stand is that? Is it going to hold that weight?

Jim

CAreefer
12/18/2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the replies and I will try to answer your ?'s.

Fliger- The 2 different types of light is because I already have one set of SE 10k bulbs and ballast. I bought 2 HQI DE w/ IceCap ballasts. I will eventually buy 2 more fixtures but I want to wait and see what the Mini pendants look like before droppin the bucks.

Platapus- I honestly don't know what brand of tank it is. A local system builder/designer ordered it for me out of Los Angeles. Might be LeMar but really don't know. The back and right end were painted black at the factory. Some really stinky epoxy of some sort. You can't really see, but the tank is eurobraced. 4" front and back, 6" on the ends. Not sure why the thicker bracing on the ends, but cool. The glass has all polished and beveled ends and black silicone was used throughout. Excellent craftsmanship.

Jimbo- The stand is made of 2"x4" channel steel on doubled up 2x4s. An engineer buddy of mine said it would hold over 10k lbs. I am not in the least worried about the weight.

Again, thanks for the replies and I will update as progress continues.

CAReefer

Fliger
12/18/2003, 09:41 PM
Cool. I'm running a combo of 10K & 20K halides and the color couldn't be better. I'd suggest trying some 20K SE bulbs, the color is unbelievable.