PDA

View Full Version : New LFS

Bullet
12/16/2003, 02:30 PM
Coralville has a new fish store! It is called Coralville Bay. The address is 302 2nd Street on Coralville Strip. It is across for Sluggers. I stopped in this morning to see what he has and for the most part he is still setting everything up. There is one room that is going to be dedicated to saltwater. He said that it should be up in running in a few weeks. Just thought I would let everyone know:rollface:

dellrio
12/16/2003, 04:32 PM
thats awesome.. does he plan to sell coral?

Bullet
12/16/2003, 06:47 PM
ya know...I didn't ask...I guess I just assumed he was going to. You know what happens when you *** u me !!! I will have to find out. I probably won't stop there for a few weeks until he has his saltwater set-up. I will ask and respond back.;)

dellrio
12/16/2003, 07:49 PM
thanks much

Atticus
12/20/2003, 12:12 AM
Anymore info on this store? Where is it compaired to Hung's?

Bullet
12/20/2003, 08:28 AM
I will try and stop there again today if I am out and about. I will see what his plans are. It is really easy to get to from Hungs...Just keep going east on the strip. Coralville bay is on the south side of the road just after you cross the bridge. It is pretty much across from Sluggers Resturant. Hope these help...I wil post more info later if I get there. If not it will be after the holidays.

llebcire
12/30/2003, 12:05 AM
The owner seems to be geared more towards freshwater, and then to more obscure fish like Discus. It sounds as though he will be carrying Cichlids and saltwater because people have been asking.

His background is as a rep in the pet business, many years with Marycn.

I am not planning on being comfortable buying marine from him for several months, it's all too new. Day b4 x-mas he wuz having a terrible ich breakout in freshwater.

Sea of Marvels is not the most tidy store around, but he seems to know his stuff and have fairly healthy specimens for sale! I'll actually add from him w/out a QT as I've usually been able to monitor things for a few weeks.

I'll be interested to see how the new place fares, I actually discussed opening a similar shop not too long ago, but with the emphasis on Cichlid and Marine, moreso on the Marine.

We'll see!!

khayman
01/11/2004, 01:56 PM
We stopped by Coralville Bay yesterday. He's still building his SW section, but he said to check back in about a month because it should be done. It's not going to be anything near SOM amount of stuff, but it's definitely going to be big enough to be worth checking out when it's done.