PDA

View Full Version : Cruise 29 February 04

nancysnuwave
12/16/2003, 10:14 AM
Hi,

Nancy and I are off on cruise on 29 February, Carnival Fantasy, to the Bahamas. We've sailed 2x on her sister ship, the Paradise and had a ball, and got married on a cruise to the Bahamas, and really like the Bahamas.

We'd like to do some diving in Nassau, then maybe disney or visit locals before flying back.

We've got a deal going w/ the cruise agent that we can get the cabins at $330 (ALL TAXES INCLUDED), plus a $50 per cabin shipboard credit and some other junk if we can get 5 or more cabins..

We plan to travel to Phila on Friday the 27th, overnight, then get up and fly ($202 r/t on Orbitz!) to Orlando, tour a little on Saturday, sail on Sunday, come back, tour/visit, and return on Sunday March 7th.. If your're interested, we could carpool or what?

Here's the itinerary Click Here! (http://www.carnival.com/Ships/itinerary.asp?sc=FA&itc=BA4&dur=004&epc=MCO)

Anyone interested?

nixnutz
12/16/2003, 11:59 AM
Wife and I have been looking into another cruise in Feb.....This could work. I'll let you know.

Rahn

nancysnuwave
12/16/2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by nixnutz
Wife and I have been looking into another cruise in Feb.....This could work. I'll let you know.

Rahn

Sounds great! Keep me posted.

Fizz71
12/17/2003, 12:03 PM
BTW...If you do get to Disney..the dive in the Living Seas Exhibit is alot of fun. Expensive...but fun.

--Fizz

nancysnuwave
12/17/2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Fizz71
the dive in the Living Seas Exhibit is alot of fun. Expensive...but fun.-Fizz

Hi Fizz,

Just how dear (expensive) is it?

Chris

Fizz71
12/17/2003, 01:13 PM
Looks like it's gone up in the last year...it now appears to be $140. I thought I paid $120..but maybe not. Plus you pay something like $40 for the video you will feel the need to buy. :) You DO get a t-shirt for the $140..made out of recycled soda can rings or something like that...it's not as bad as it sounds. :)

http://www.disneyclubs.com/epcot/divequest.htm

There is a limit to the number of divers they take a session..two sessions a day. I missed out..I took the 2nd session and found out that Mickey dove with the first session. I just wanted to know how they do it!

It's a 2 hour or so ordeal, but your dive is about 45 minutes to an hour. It's based on air consumption. If you blow through your tank in under 40 minutes they'll throw a second tank on for you and they go until everybody's sucked down their first tank. For a big guy I managed to do quite good on air consumption so I went a full hour. My buddy had a leaking tank and was out of air at 40 minutes so his dive was shorter than mine...I told him he had a leak..he didn't want to swap out and waste time. Oh well.

It was strange to see the exhibit from above the tank before your dive...it's quite HUGE..the curved glass in the exhibit really makes it seem smaller than it really is. The biggest trip was my neice (7) and nephew (3) who had no clue I was going to be in there..my nephew didn't believe his parents at first when they said it was me. Waving at the folks in the "people aquarium" is a unique Disney experience..you'd be surprised how many people think the divers are animatronics because they don't think humans can actually swim with sharks without getting eaten.

It was alot of fun..but like I said..it was expensive. I paid for it in advance as a birthday present to myself.

Enjoy.

--Fizz

nancysnuwave
12/20/2003, 08:07 AM
It looks as if we have our 5 cabins!!

Yeah cruisers!! this means that we get the $50/cabin shipboard credit. If we can get 3 more, we get some free photos and something else!

I'm not sure if we can save enough the equivalent of the cost of swimming with the sharks at Dizzy World, but hey, more the merrier! I think the shark idea sounds really cool!

nancysnuwave
12/30/2003, 07:48 AM
The CruisePlanners agent said she has to release the cabins this morning.. .. we've got 2 cabins going from this area.. any more interest?

Chris