PDA

View Full Version : LR group order

masterswimmer
12/14/2003, 12:00 PM
Hey all HVreefers,
As a sidenote to the 'group order' thread, I'd like to see if we might be able to get a group order for LR sometime in mid to late January. Brian, Ross, I know you guys are getting close. I am too. Thinking maybe we could land a deal if we put together a couple or few hundred lbs order. Let me know if anyone has any interest in this. Also, I'm not tied down to the mid to late January timeframe if others can do it in Feb. sometime. The more we can order the better.

Russ

Tomzpc
12/14/2003, 01:39 PM
Russ,

If you don't mind picking up your live rock at an airport, I know that Rob Huss of East Coast Clams sells rock to hobbyists at wholesale prices. Rob is a super nice guy to deal with as well.
I'm sure that there are several excellent and less expensive ways to get large amounts of rock so this is just one that you may want to look into.

masterswimmer
12/14/2003, 02:43 PM
Airports could be tough Tom, Newburgh is really the only one I would have available and only on Saturdays at that. Unless there was someone else in on the group order that could handle that end of the transaction. Never know. Any takers?
What kind of rock does Rob Huss deal in? Kaelini, Fiji and some Tonga Branch are my choices right now. Preferrably a mixture of the three and in decending proportions as well.

Russ

foxstop
12/14/2003, 10:14 PM
Hi,

I have dealt with Rob at East Coast Clams. He is great to deal with.
Adam was telling me that we could get live rock shipped to Stewart Airport. That would be the easiest one for me to do a pick up.
I can't say exactly when I'll be ready, but I would be willing to go in on a group order for sure, but don't hold the tank up waiting for me! I'm not sure how much of a volume discount we could get on live rock. I've never looked into it.

I like the look of the Indo-Pacific rock and I'm pretty sure that's the route I'll be going.

Take care.

Brian

seaham358
12/15/2003, 09:26 AM
The Fish Barn usually has a couple hundred pounds of LR in stock. I got it from him this way I got to pick out the exact pieces I wanted for my tank. He has been selling it for a good price also.
Adam has said in the past that he can get it for us also.

nine9d
12/15/2003, 10:28 AM
I am all up for this. I have been looking at East Coast Clams (http://eastcoastclams.com/cgi-bin/shopnow.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=rock.shtml&ORDER_ID=667304205) to get some rock also. They have such a variety. I had wanted Kaleini, Marshall, Tonga and possibly Fiji (but probably get Fiji local. I live 15 minutes from Stewart so I could pick it up or whatever. I would be looking for around Feb. (I hope) also.

I personally don't feel that Ed would give us a low enough price to match. Plus I don't think that he has as big a vairety, but I may be wrong.

masterswimmer
12/15/2003, 07:47 PM
Sounds like we might be able to get this together. I'll be looking for somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 -100 lbs. What poundage would you guys be looking for. I just read a thread where a club did this exact type of buy. They got their LR for $3.76/lb delivered by air. They all are raving about it. I'm in touch with the coordinator of that group finding out the details. He said the supplier was a friend of his and we wouldn't get the same price. But lets wait and see. They went for Marshall Islands. Newburgh is close for me too. Just wasn't sure if anyone really used such a small 'International' airport. Anyway, February could work for me too. As you all know, I'm not in a rush. I like to do things well planned, deliberate and methodical. That way my mistakes will be well planned, deliberate and methodical. lol

Lets talk about pounds per person. Maybe we'll have enough to get a variety. I like the Kaelini, Fiji, Tonga Branch (just a bit though), Marshall Islands and I saw Brians selection on East Coast Clams (looks nice). Feedback!!!!

Russ

foxstop
12/15/2003, 08:02 PM
I was thinking we should ask Adam as well. Rob at East Coast Clams has a good rep too.

I would be looking for aproximately 120lbs of rock. I think 1lb per gal is what I will be starting with.

A good mix of the Indo-Pacific rock would suit me fine. I would like a couple of Jumbo peices and then whatever fits well:D
Early February would be my target (I hope:))

Thanks for all of the legwork too Russ!

Brian

nine9d
12/15/2003, 08:49 PM
Yeah send a mail to Adam also. Here is his rock (http://www.tridacnareef.com/LIVEROC.html). Let's see what he can do for us as well as E.C.C.

And Russ, Stewart is not actually small at all. They are considered one of the largest cargo/military airports. They can land C58's which is like the biggest jets available (3 fottball fields long!). It is just not a big commercial airport. Fedex, UPS, Airborne, etc... all have hubs there. I think that we will have no problems at all getting a shipment there. :)

foxstop
12/15/2003, 09:01 PM
Yes, having worked on those big fat C5's for the last 17 years I can tell you that Stewart IAP has one long runway. It's acutally an alternate landing strip for the Space Shuttle should all of the other options fall through.
Stewart is by far the best option. I'm 20minutes from the airport so it works for me.
Next thought.....How do group orders work? Do we each get our own invidual boxes or do we break it all open and split it up?
I don't want a Live Rock smack down:uzi: :bounce2: ..rather a live rock party:beer: :dance: :celeb1:
I can see us all diving for that one peice of Jumbo Fiji:D

nine9d
12/15/2003, 09:10 PM
I say we have a smackdown. That would be too cool!

In the blue corner, hailing from Circleville New York... we have Brian "The Fox" Stop!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And in the red corner... well, you get it already.

I say we find someone to do the deal and than we can decide what we want and how to break it up. Boy, I sure wish I could go in with them other guys on that sea.org group order!

ADS
12/16/2003, 07:15 PM
Hi guys-
You can definately do ALOT better than ANY listed prices if you buy in bulk(>4 -45lb boxes) from distributors. You can get it in to Stewart usually via freight.
Adam

foxstop
12/16/2003, 07:43 PM
Well I'm sold on a group order.
I hope the timing works out well for everyone.
I know it can be a hassle.
Adam, in your experience can we get a delivery on a Saturday? That would probably be the easiest, although I would take whatever day I could get if the price is right:D

Brian

masterswimmer
12/16/2003, 08:39 PM
Hi Guys, glad to see the interest is here. I am willing to work with whatever timeframe works for the masses. Any place I can save a shekel I'll do it. Stewart sounds great. As far as smackdown or whole boxes? Most definitely whole unopened boxes if the quantity each one of us orders warrants it. I plan to place an order based on a full box or two myself. Then if I decide to go for a smattering of Tonga Branch, I'd like to smackdown a box with someone or someones. Like I said, I'm looking for a bit of a LR buffet in my tank. As far as who we get it from, Adam is at the top of my list. We can talk more in PM's with him. For his protection actually.

Is anyone else other than Brian, Ross and myself interested? As the list and poundage grows I bet our discount does too :D . Right Adam?

Adam, how long from order placement to receiving shipment? Will pricebreak be based on 4 - 5 boxes of each type of rock? or, Can we order say a total of 7 boxes (just for discussion purposes at this point) broken down as 3 boxes Fiji, 3 boxes Kaelini and 1 box Tonga and receive VIP pricing?

If you feel more comfortable, PM or e-mail me at bronx_bombers969899@yahoo.com

Talk later,
Russ

WAGERJA
12/17/2003, 09:22 AM
I'd like to get in on this too
I'll be game for 30-45lbs of Fiji hopefully in 3 or 4 lg peices
maybe more if the price is really low.

J

PS: I live 5 min. from Stewart, have access to a pick-up truck, and a heated garage for splitting up shared boxs if need be. Rock Smackdown at my place?

seaham358
12/17/2003, 08:14 PM
Hell I don't need any LR but would like to get in on the SMACK DOWN...... I need some action things have been slow this deer season..........:rollface:

masterswimmer
12/17/2003, 09:20 PM
It's sounding like a smackdown hoedown comin up soon.......YEEEHAAAAAWWWW

masterswimmer
12/19/2003, 07:17 PM
This is what I'm seeing so far:

Russ 100 lbs.
Brian 120 lbs.
Ross 100 lbs.
Jay 30-45 lbs. (will need exact poundage before ordering)

Looking at going through Adam. Cost will be determined after we can establish exactly how much we'll be ordering.

Does anyone else want in on this incredible deal? We are looking at very late January or early February.

Russ

foxstop
12/19/2003, 07:50 PM
Sounds about right for me Russ.
Once we are all ready we can decide what types and variations we would all like:)

Take care. (off to eat some more and light the candles for the first night of Chanukah!:celeb1: )

Brian

WAGERJA
12/19/2003, 10:05 PM
welcome to McRock may I take your order.
make that 45lbs of Fiji LR and a happy meal to go please
thank you come again.

:)

J

masterswimmer
12/20/2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by WAGERJA
welcome to McRock may I take your order.
make that 45lbs of Fiji LR and a happy meal to go please
thank you come again.

:)

J

Would you like some fries, oops I mean live sand to go with that rock?

masterswimmer
12/20/2003, 12:05 AM
Russ 100 lbs.
Brian 120 lbs.
Ross 100 lbs.
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji

Does anyone else want in on this incredible deal? We are looking at very late January or early February.

Russ

ChrisRD
12/20/2003, 11:36 AM
Hmmm...I'm planning on setting up a 180 reef later this year, but this will be a bit too soon for me...

masterswimmer
12/20/2003, 12:09 PM
Chris, maybe you can use a large rubbermaid to store it with a heater, PH and some light. Obviously it would then be cured when you are ready for it too. The group order might make it worth your while. Just a thought. Let me know.

Russ

foxstop
12/20/2003, 02:07 PM
I was just checking my calendar. I have a week off from February 16th through the 20th. If possible I would like to plan to have live rock sometime that week or from that Saturday, February 14th through sometime on Saturday February 21st.
If that's not convenient just let me know. I don't want to hold up the order. Just figured I would throw out the time frame I'm looking at for now.

Take care all.

Brian

masterswimmer
12/20/2003, 02:17 PM
Brian, that timeframe might work. As I've said, I do not rush into anything. Patience is a virtue I value (except if you ask my kids). However, we do have to get everyone on the same page as far as LR selection, cost, dates, pickup, etc. So let the masses speak.

Russ

nine9d
12/20/2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by foxstop
I was just checking my calendar. I have a week off from February 16th through the 20th. If possible I would like to plan to have live rock sometime that week or from that Saturday, February 14th through sometime on Saturday February 21st.
If that's not convenient just let me know. I don't want to hold up the order. Just figured I would throw out the time frame I'm looking at for now.

Take care all.

Brian Oh sure, we have to work around Brian now! What is this, "The All About Brian Show!"? (j/k) :lolspin:

Them dates are probably cool with me also man, I go on vacation the first week of March so it can cycle for a week while I am away! WHOO HOO!

foxstop
12/20/2003, 07:06 PM
Yeah, and I want Kaelini, Tonga, Fiji, etc........me, me, me! OR ELSE IT'S :uzi: :bum: :blown:
You get the picture.

(Whatever works is fine with me:) )

Brian

ChrisRD
12/21/2003, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the offer Russ but I'll probably sit this one out. I'm probably looking at 6 months down the road...

Reelfish
12/21/2003, 09:08 AM
I am interested in a box or two depending what rock is available. I would also like some live sand but only if we purchase thru Adam at Tridacna reef.
Bob

masterswimmer
12/21/2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by masterswimmer
This is what I'm seeing so far:

Russ 100 lbs.
Brian 120 lbs.
Ross 100 lbs.
Jay 30-45 lbs. (will need exact poundage before ordering)
Bob 45-90 lbs. (will need exact poundage before ordering)
Looking at going through Adam. Cost will be determined after we can establish exactly how much we'll be ordering.

Russ

Hey Bob,
Don't know if you saw my earlier post about going through Adam. He and I have been talking in PM's to 'sure up' the details. Hope that works for you as well. All the details will be PM'd to everyone, not going to be posted on an open forum. He's cutting us an incredible deal, everyone will be thrilled I'm sure. :eek1:

As far as which rock we are ordering, we all seem to want a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Looks like it will most definitely be Indo Pacific. Kaelini, Marshall Islands, Fiji, Tonga Branch. The more people and poundage we can put together the easier it will be to get nice whole boxes of each. I know I'm ordering at least 2 boxes, probably 1 Kaelini and one Marshall Islands. I'd also like to do a smackdown of some Fiji and Tonga with a few people. I'm probably looking at 110 lbs now. I think the rest of the group is of a similar feeling towards this. How about you?

Russ

foxstop
12/21/2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks for doing all the legwork Russ.
I would also second going through Adam for this rock. As per my previous posts he is great to deal with.

Look forward to hearing the details.

Brian

masterswimmer
12/21/2003, 06:26 PM
Brian, it seems you'd be thirding it...lol. Me, Bob, then you. nah nah nah nah nah

Russ

foxstop
12/21/2003, 06:30 PM
Gah! I never could count. That's why I wasn't a math teacher.:beer:

masterswimmer
12/22/2003, 10:13 PM
Babump, anybody else looking to get in on this order? Still have about 5 weeks to go.......

Russ

jdepp
12/22/2003, 11:06 PM
hey guys just to let you know i used to live in cortlandt near peekskill, by the bear mtn. bridge. there is a pet store there in peekskill on washington ave i forgot the name of it but he sells UNCURED live rock for 3$ a lb. he also sells corals for cheap. plus i'm sure he would give you cheaper prices if you group buy. he would order it and pick it up from the airport for the 3$ a lb. when i lived there i got like 100# from him also nice big corals for like 35$ last time i was there he only had vho setup over a 180g with all soft corals and like 500# lr or something. the guy's name if frank and i think the place is called zoo pet or something

masterswimmer
12/23/2003, 06:57 PM
Thanx for the heads up jdepp. Will have to check it out.

I've installed some terrazzo shower bases........takes four guys to move those suckers into place. Do you have a trick to doing it?

Russ

jdepp
12/23/2003, 08:02 PM
MS-sorry i've never done shower pans. i do stair treads and pour floors, also cove base and pour in place steps i can only imagine that they are a pita like anything else involved with terrazzo. i mostly do airports court buildings and schools. i did all the goshen schools if you know where that is. i also did alot of tile work there. who do you work for? did you do the shower pans at suny newpaltz?

Reelfish
12/25/2003, 03:47 PM
jdepp do you mean Wet Pet? I'm not sure of the address but I was at his place about 2 years ago. The shop was in his basement but I heard he closed.
Russ I think we always should support our fellow members that have shops although not for price because they need to support a business also.
Bob

masterswimmer
12/25/2003, 03:54 PM
Bob, I agree, to a point. When I'm buying something as significant as LR that can vary in cost from $3.50 - $10.00/lb. I must be more cost conscious than if I were buying a single frag or fish. I need >100 lbs of rock. The variance in pricing could be $200 - $300 for the exact same rock. I'm all for supporting our LFS but I'm all for supporting our fellow RC sponsors and even more importantly in this case our fellow HVreefer.......Adam.

I hope you understand.
Russ

Arn Mehl
12/26/2003, 08:27 PM
Hey guys I would like to get in on the live rock order too if possible. I will take a 50 lb box of Fiji or other "good rock".

masterswimmer
12/27/2003, 02:13 PM
Arn, nice to meet you. Welcome to HVreef. We are putting this LR order together for a late January/early February timeframe. If that works for you then we'd be glad to have you on board. We'll talk about the details as we go along.

Once again, welcome,
Russ

masterswimmer
12/27/2003, 02:17 PM
Russ 100 lbs.
Brian 120 lbs.
Ross 100 lbs.
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji
Bob - 45 - 90 lbs.
Arn Mehl - 50 lbs. - Fiji

Total so far = 460 - 505 lbs.

Russ

nine9d
12/27/2003, 02:36 PM
I am trying to get my friend to order also Russ. He would be looking for Feb. delivery if possible he said. I will let you know as soon as we can get a def. delivery date and such. Thanks.

masterswimmer
12/27/2003, 06:12 PM
Yo Ross,
We'll need to firm up all orders before we can get an actual date. That will be one of the criteria to determine price (how much total rock we are ordering). However, early Feb. seems to be the common thread here. Hope that works for your buddy.

Russ

masterswimmer
12/28/2003, 03:38 PM
bbbbump

seaham358
12/28/2003, 08:15 PM
I might want 20 lbs or so for my fuges....... I'll let you know, Don't really care what type......

Reelfish
12/29/2003, 06:07 PM
I am looking for a box 45-50lbs of Tonga branch,45-50lbs Box Fiji and maybe a large box of base rock depending on the price.
Bob

masterswimmer
12/29/2003, 07:29 PM
Russ 120 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 20 Tonga shelf, 10 Tonga branch
Brian 120 lbs. -
Ross 100 lbs. -
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji
Bob - 90 lbs. - 45 Tonga branch, 45 Fiji
Bob S. - 20 lbs. - whichever

Total so far = 545 lbs. as of 12/29/03

Russ

masterswimmer
12/29/2003, 09:37 PM
Russ 120 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 20 Tonga shelf, 10 Tonga branch
Brian 150 lbs. - 60 Kaelini, 60 Fiji, 30 Tonga/Kaelini Ridge
Ross 100 lbs. -
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji

Total so far = 575 lbs. as of 12/29/03

Russ

foxstop
12/29/2003, 09:59 PM
I can adjust my sizes based on the box sizes as well. We can firm up soon.
Thanks Russ!

Brian

masterswimmer
12/30/2003, 10:20 PM
Russ 120 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 30 Tonga Branch/Shelf
Brian 150 lbs. - 60 Kaelini, 60 Fiji, 30 Tonga/Kaelini Ridge
Ross 130 lbs. - 60 Marshall, 40 Kaelini, 30 Tonga Branch/Shelf
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji

Total so far = 605 lbs. as of 12/30/03

The order is shaping up really nice. What I'd like to do now is find out how the distributor packages their whole boxes. This way we can fine tune our choices to receive whole boxes each. If the choices remain with partial boxes (I'm sure some will) we can try to adjust the poundage so that we each smackdown a box with just one other person. This will allow the choice rock to be divided up between only two people allowing for more desireable pieces each. I also want to make sure everyone is aware that this LR order is for UNCURED rock.

Adam, if you are monitoring this thread, please let us know how your supplier packages the following types of LR:

-Fiji
-Kaelini
-Marshall Island
-Tonga Branch/Shelf (or are these two different types of LR)
-Kaelini Ridge (I'm not familiar with this type)

Thank you for your help here Adam.

Seems like we are getting close guys. I'm psyched. :dance:

Russ

foxstop
12/30/2003, 10:28 PM
Tonga/Kaelini Ridge are flat pieces.
Branch are, well, like tree branches:D

nine9d
12/30/2003, 10:36 PM
Tonga/Kaelini Ridge are flat pieces.
Branch are, well, like tree branches:D I guess Ridge and shelf are the same thing than. Flat shelf-like looking pieces.

masterswimmer
12/30/2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by nine9d
I guess Ridge and shelf are the same thing than. Flat shelf-like looking pieces.

Yeah, what Ross said.

Russ

jmkeary
12/31/2003, 12:03 PM
I'm not in the hudson valley but not to far away in MA. I would be interested in jioning this group buy. I'd like to get a box (45-60#) of tonga branch.

James

foxstop
12/31/2003, 01:08 PM
As far as I'm concerned the more the merrier! :D
Russ is coordinating this at the moment so PM Masterswimmer.
How far are you from Stewart Airport in Newburgh, NY?

Brian

ADS
12/31/2003, 01:37 PM
N. Andover is about 2 1/2 hrs away.

ADS
12/31/2003, 01:40 PM
FYI
Tonga ridge and Kaelini are essentially the same. Just different collector.
A combination of Tonga branch and ridge is really nice!
This would allow aquascape with a large area for circulation.
Adam

seaham358
12/31/2003, 04:04 PM
I hope you have a truck......... 650 lbs and counting......

masterswimmer
12/31/2003, 05:30 PM
Russ 113 lbs. - 45 Kaelini ridge, 45 Fiji, 23 Tonga Branch
Brian 157 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 45 jumbo Fiji, 22 Tonga branch?
Ross 127.5 lbs. - 60 Marshall, 45 Kaelini, 22.5 Tonga Branch/Ridge
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji
Bob S. - 22.5 lbs. - Tonga Branch/Ridge
Arn Mehl - 45 lbs. - Fiji
James - 45 lbs. - Tonga Branch

Total so far = 645 lbs. as of 12/31/03

Here's the next update......I've made a couple of adjustments to some orders. The boxes are going to come in 45 lb increments. For the sake of sanity (on my part) I'm asking everyone to give me their orders in 45 lb or 22.5 lb increments. The 22.5 lb box will be a smackdown box between two people with the same type of rock. If you can coordinate this among yourselves and give me the breakdown that would help.

Arn, I changed your 50 lb box to a 45 lb box.

Bob S., can you work your 20 lb box to 22.5 and split it with Ross maybe. He has a 30 lb Tonga branch or ridge. Iron that one out. If you two go with it, you need to let me know if it'll be Branch or Ridge (flat). One or the other.

Ross, I also need you to work your 60 lb box. Try to find a smackdown partner for the 60. I assume increasing the 40 to 45 was no issue (i did it already). Therefore the only prob is your 60.

Brian, I shot you a PM asking you to smackdown a box of Tonga Branch with me.

Seems like we are getting close guys. I'm psyched. :dance:

Russ

foxstop
12/31/2003, 06:29 PM
Back at you Russ.
What you have listed for me is my final request.

After all the orders are in I guess we will need to talk payment and pickup. I don't have a truck. I guess I just assumed I would be meeting up with you guys at the airport.

Never done one of these before so it's all new to me!:D

Take care all and Happy New Year!:celeb1:

Brian

jmkeary
12/31/2003, 06:32 PM
if you need more ppl I can check and see if any Boston ppl want in on this grp buy

masterswimmer
12/31/2003, 07:05 PM
jmkeary, Thanx for the offer but we are actually really fine on the number of people at this time. This was more of an accomodation for you. In order for us to benefit from the group, we needed 500 lbs. With you we blew by that # 140 lbs ago.

Russ

Reelfish
01/01/2004, 01:13 PM
I am willing to split a box with someone if it is needed. I am thinking about changing from Figi to Tonga Ridge. What are you guys doing for live sand?
Bob

nine9d
01/01/2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Reelfish
I am willing to split a box with someone if it is needed. I am thinking about changing from Figi to Tonga Ridge. What are you guys doing for live sand?
Bob I'll split a box of Tonga ridge with you as long as Bob S. will split a box of Tonga branch with me. :)

P.S. - I was thinking to get some live sand from www.tampabaysaltwater.com, I hear it is full of life and a lot of people recommend it.

foxstop
01/01/2004, 02:13 PM
I'm going to wait on some live sand. I want cycle the tank first. I think the sand critters would be some of the first to go during an ammonia or nitrite spike like most inverts.

JME, I could be wrong.

The TBS sand is coarser and darker than most based on what folks here say. I do hear it's got plenty of life.

Brian

nine9d
01/01/2004, 02:21 PM
The TBS sand is coarser and darker than most based on what folks here say. I do hear it's got plenty of life.

Brian This is what I heard also Brian. I have SD as my base and figured just to maybe get something like 10 - 20lbs of LS and mix it in together with my 50 - 100 of SD just to seed. What do ya think?

foxstop
01/01/2004, 02:34 PM
I was thinking of doing something similar too. I think it's a good idea.
I thought of just laying the live stuff on top of the SD. I hadn't decided what type of sand yet, but I'm partial to the Indo-Pacific stuff. No knock on the TBS stuff, just a different aesthetic opinion.

Brian

nine9d
01/01/2004, 06:58 PM
Hey all,
Adam said we can get LS or mud with our order. The LS comes in 45lb boxes and the mud in less. If anyone is interested we can split a box of Fiji LS!

jmkeary
01/01/2004, 07:23 PM
maybe a bunch of us can get together on 1 box and split it. I would only want 5 lbs to seed my 72.

masterswimmer
01/01/2004, 08:45 PM
I'm looking to seed my SD with maybe 10 lbs or so. I'm also not going with a DSB as originally planned. I will put a DSB in my fuge, about 5"-6". In my display probably only about 2" for asthetics only. This way if I do have a DSB crash I can isolate the fuge and address it there. The 10 lbs of LS will probably be split 5 in display and 5 in fuge.

So I guess now we can start taking orders for the LS too. Ugh! I think I'm going to have to live by Tomz words.......I want the bottle in front of me about now. Oh, I also want the Indo-Pacific LS. Anyone else?

Russ

Question....How long can we leave the LS out of the tanks water before we have die off there? I don't think it's the same as LR. I think if we order the LS with the LR and wait till the cycle is over to seed the SD that would be ok. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

masterswimmer
01/01/2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by nine9d
I'll split a box of Tonga ridge with you as long as Bob S. will split a box of Tonga branch with me. :)

Ross, Bob (Reelfish) & Bob S.,
I need you guys to break down your selections the way I have them posted, with your final breakdown in type of LR with pounds. It's beginning to get a little confusing and I don't want to mess up anyones order. I think I understand it, but I'd rather not think, I'd rather know for sure. :confused:

Russ

foxstop
01/01/2004, 10:44 PM
I'm in for the the Fiji Live Sand.
I think there are four of us that want to split.

Thanks.

Brian

nine9d
01/01/2004, 11:03 PM
Well it comes in a 45lb box.

I think there is actually 5 of us that want it so far.

Me - 10
Russ - 10lbs
Brian - I think 10 lbs
James - 5 lbs
and I know Bob (Reelfish) has asked a couple of times already but there would be 10 lbs left for him to equal out the 45lbs.

If more people want LS than we can get 2 boxes. I would go for 15 than but not necessary, LOL!

Here is the breakdown of rock as I see it.

Ross 135 lbs. - 45 BUMA Branch, 45 Kaelini, 22.5 Tonga Branch with Bob S. and 22.5 Tonga Ridge with Bob (Reelfish).

As long as the other 2 Bob's are fine with it I am set to go. LMK and no offense taken if you guys don't want to share. :( HA!

P.S. - I hope someone has a BIG scale for all of this, LOL.

seaham358
01/02/2004, 12:26 PM
I'm not too fussy with what I end up with. Would like a few pounds of branch and shelf. I will not lose any sleep I all it get is branch.......

If there is going to be another box of LS let me know I would not mind 5-10 lbs....

What are the prices on the LR and LS I missed this?

foxstop
01/02/2004, 12:34 PM
I think we were waiting on a final total of rock and sand to get the price. I think Russ mentioned we needed to cross the 500lb threshold which we have done.
I guess we should be getting a firm price soon.

Brian

masterswimmer
01/02/2004, 07:19 PM
I shot an email to Adam last night requesting $$$'s. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon. When he does, please don't look for a post here, it will be either PM'd or emailed to each of you.

Ross, sounds good with the LS.

Bob S. The LR you are in for will be as posted. While we are at the smackdown I'm sure someone would be able to make a trade with you for something that you'd like. There will be a lot of rock flying around so either duck or you'll get hit in the head with some kind of rock you'll want.

Russ

masterswimmer
01/02/2004, 07:34 PM
Russ 113 lbs. - 45 Kaelini ridge, 45 Fiji, 23 Tonga branch (w/Brian)
Brian 157 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 45 jumbo Fiji, 22 Tonga branch
Ross 135 lbs. - 45 Buma Branch, 45 Kaelini, 22.5 Tonga Branch (w/Bob S.), 22.5 Tonga Ridge (w/Bob (reelfish))
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji
Bob - 112.5 lbs. - 45 Tonga branch, 45 Fiji, 22.5 Tonga ridge (confirm)
Bob S. - 22.5 lbs. - Tonga Branch

Total so far = 675 lbs. as of 1/2/03

Here's the next update......I've made a couple of adjustments to some orders, again.

Ross, good job, thanx for the breakdown and the LS compilation. I need Bob (reelfish to confirm though). BTW Ross, I really like the Buma branch. Nice looking rock. Good choice.

Bob (reelfish), please confirm that your breakdown is ok. I increased your total so take note. If you don't want it this way let me know. Ross wanted to smackdown a box with you so I just added it to your total. Wasn't sure if you wanted to knockdown a 45 lb box to 22.5 or just add another 22.5 to your total. Doesn't matter to the grand plan one way or the other. Just let me know. Also, if you are not happy with it.....be mad at Ross not me....lol

Seems like we are getting closer . I'm really psyched. :dance:

Russ

PS- Should I start including the LS order in this post? Or will it be too confusing? I'll separate it from the LR, but same post.

foxstop
01/02/2004, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the update Russ.:)

nine9d
01/02/2004, 08:49 PM
I think that you can place it in the post Russ just to keep everything together (the LS that is). Thanks so much for keeping track of everything for everyone. And many thanks goes out to Adam for letting us do this great group buy. I think he will get hella refs from all of us.

seaham358
01/02/2004, 08:55 PM
Russ thanks for the work..... I'll be stopping at the fish barn tomorrow so I should be getting a price then on the pumps.

masterswimmer
01/03/2004, 12:14 AM
Russ 113 lbs. - 45 Kaelini ridge, 45 Fiji, 23 Tonga branch (w/Brian)
Brian 157 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 45 jumbo Fiji, 22 Tonga branch
Ross 135 lbs. - 45 Buma Branch, 45 Kaelini, 22.5 Tonga Branch (w/Bob S.), 22.5 Tonga Ridge (w/Bob (reelfish))
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji
Bob - 112.5 lbs. - 45 Tonga branch, 45 Fiji, 22.5 Tonga ridge (confirm)
Bob S. - 22.5 lbs. - Tonga Branch

Total so far = 675 lbs. as of 1/2/03

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Indo-Pacific LS:
Russ - 10 lbs.
Ross - 10 lbs.
Brian - 10 lbs.
Bob (reelfish) - 10 lbs.
James - 5 lbs.

Total = 45 lbs. (1 box)

Reelfish
01/03/2004, 09:03 AM
Russ
I want to change the box I'm splitting with Ross to the Figi and not split the Tonga ridge. I hope this is not a problem. I do appreciate you helping out keeping the totals and I'm glad we are going with Adam.
Bob
P.S Ross I still will split the Tonga Ridge if that is what you want. I will not get the Figi only the Ridge 1 full box and split one with you.

masterswimmer
01/03/2004, 04:11 PM
Ross, need to hear from you on the Bob (reelfish) smackdown. From my understanding Bob does not want any Tonga ridge. He wants a total of 67.5 lbs. broken down like this:
45 Tonga branch & 22.5 Fiji (split with you)

Bob, correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Russ

masterswimmer
01/03/2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by seaham358
Russ thanks for the work..... I'll be stopping at the fish barn tomorrow so I should be getting a price then on the pumps.

Bob, How'd you make out at the barn? I'm anxious about the pump. I can't get the LR till I've got my pump running to fill the tank.

Thanx for following up on this,
Russ

seaham358
01/03/2004, 07:45 PM
Talked to Ed today and he placed a call into his dealer.... He is waiting for a call back.... I'll call him on monday.........

OT--
Picked up a Baby,Baby Dogface puffer today.... 1.5-2" long cute little guy, the smallest I have ever seen.

seaham358
01/03/2004, 07:47 PM
Russ I know you want the pump but why not start making water without it? I have been using mine for a year and it works fine but is not pumping at a max. You would be fine making 100 plus gallons till it comes in.

masterswimmer
01/03/2004, 09:26 PM
Bob, the ratio of waste water:good water is about 20:1. I can't see wasting that much water to make 100 gallons. I must use the booster pump to conserve. I don't like wasting 2000 gallons for 100. And honestly, the ratio might even be worse than that.

Russ

seaham358
01/03/2004, 09:57 PM
20 to 1 where do u get these numbers??? More like 4 or 5 to 1. I use my waste water to do a load of wash. I make 5-6 gallons of water and that gives enough waste water to fill the washer to start the load...... I don't see a 20 gallon to 1 here........ What ro/di are u using?

masterswimmer
01/03/2004, 10:34 PM
Told you my pressure is too low. I want a waste:good of 4:1 but I'm not getting anything like that. About 20:1 right now. The booster pump will hopefully correct this problem.

Oh, and lets take this to another thread. I'd like to keep this relatively clean for reference with regards to our LR order.

Thanx,
Russ

nine9d
01/03/2004, 10:39 PM
Hey, Hey! Enough of this jibba jabba about pumps. Bring that elsewhere. This is all about the live rock baby.

P.S. - Russ,
I am awaiting an e-mail from Bob and than I will let you know about the rock. Thanks.

P.P.S. - Hmm, maybe I should be looking to get one of them pumps??

Reelfish
01/03/2004, 11:29 PM
This is my order 45lbs Tonga branch
45lbs Tonga Ridge
22lbs Tonga Ridge Smackdown W/Ross but Only if Ross needs someone to split with.
10lbs LS
Sorry for any confusion.
Bob

nine9d
01/03/2004, 11:32 PM
Yes thanks Bob I want to split that Tonga ridge! You are the best man! WHOO HOO!!!!!!

masterswimmer
01/04/2004, 12:21 PM
Russ 112.5 lbs. - 45 Kaelini ridge, 45 Fiji, 22.5 Tonga branch (w/Brian)
Brian 157.5 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 45 jumbo Fiji, 22.5 Tonga branch (w/Russ)
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji
Bob - 112.5 lbs. - 45 Tonga branch, 45 Tonga Ridge, 22.5 Tonga ridge (w/Ross)
Bob S. - 22.5 lbs. - Tonga Branch (w/Ross)

Total so far = 675 lbs. as of 1/4/03

675 lbs. = 15 boxes exactly ....PERFECTAMUNDO!!!! YEEE HAAA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russ - 10 lbs.
Ross - 10 lbs.
Brian - 10 lbs.
Bob (reelfish) - 10 lbs.
James - 5 lbs.

Total = 45 lbs. (1 box)

nine9d
01/04/2004, 12:29 PM
WOWZA! Thanks for the update Russ. I think Bob (seaham) mentioned that he may want some sand also. If there is anyone else wanted to get some speak up now. Maybe there could be a 2 box of LS order!

masterswimmer
01/04/2004, 12:29 PM
Adam,
Now please tell me that when the LR is delivered it clearly states on the outside of the box what type of LR is inside. I'd hate to have to evaluate each box and TRY to determine what type of LR it is :eek1: . That would make me sad :( on a very happy day :celeb1: :celeb1: .

Let me know,
Thanx,
Russ

masterswimmer
01/04/2004, 12:42 PM
OK group,
How's this for another breakdown.......

And the survey saaaaays:

Kaelini Ridge..1 box.......(45 lbs)
Kaelini..........2 boxes...(90 lbs)
Fiji...............4 boxes..(180 lbs)
Tonga Branch 4 boxes..(180 lbs)
Tonga Ridge...2 boxes...(90 lbs)
Buma Branch..1 box.......(45 lbs)
Fiji Jumbo.......1 box.......(45 lbs)
................ ---------- ----------
....Total.........15 boxes....675 lbs.

Russ

foxstop
01/04/2004, 01:49 PM
Awesome that it's worked out this way so far with the poundage and boxes of rock.

Hopefully it it marked:D

Brian

masterswimmer
01/04/2004, 02:51 PM
Awesome that it's worked out this way so far with the poundage and boxes of rock.

Hopefully it it marked:D

Brian

It didn't work out this way, I asked people to adjust their orders to make it work out this way. It's the only way we were able to do it right. Thanx for noticing.

Russ

masterswimmer
01/05/2004, 08:10 PM
Hey Guys,
I just got some disturbing news at work today. They 'asked' me to go on an extended business related trip. It runs from Feb. 8th through Feb. 29th. Just when we'd all have our LR in our tanks for a few days at that point. :eek: Obviously that would not work out for me. At this point I'm either going to have to back out of the group order (not my first choice) or ask if everyone would be able to wait till the first week of March. I'd completely understand if you all wanted to go forward without me. Everyone has a time schedule and has been planning on this for quite some time now.

Thanx to all of you for making the order so easy to compile. Please feel free to continue making the plans and use the info here for your order. I'll even continue to do the leg work for everyone since I've gotten it this far. I won't be leaving till Feb. 8th so I would still be able to continue as coordinator if you like. Just let me know. Sorry for the last minute monkey wrench.

Russ

nine9d
01/05/2004, 08:47 PM
Sorry about that news Russ. But what if we got it the last week in Jan.? Since the rock will have to cure/cycle for 3 weeks at least, wouldn't you be able to just leave it in the tank? And than when you got back home, your tank would be just about ready to go?

I know Ian and his wife setup their tank and went away on a 2 week honeymoon I am pretty sure. Ian, can you verify the time frame.

andro
01/05/2004, 09:05 PM
Ian, can you verify the time frame.

Not a problem bud, thats exactly what I did.

Russ, if you have any questions about what I did, let me know.

-Ian

masterswimmer
01/05/2004, 09:25 PM
But what about emptying the skimmer, partial water changes, etc.?

Besides, leaving the smell behind for the family and not being here to enjoy it :lol: might annoy them......ya think?

Russ

foxstop
01/05/2004, 09:35 PM
Russ,

Things like this happen. Family and job come first for sure.
I can wait. Just let me know.

Take care.

Brian

nine9d
01/05/2004, 09:38 PM
If your family or wife is going to be home I am sure you can show her/them how to empty the skimmer :) I am just trying to come up with some ideas for you bud that is all.

I can also wait but the first week of March I am away on vacation :( Just do it after than and I will be fine, LOL.

masterswimmer
01/05/2004, 09:51 PM
Russ,

Things like this happen. Family and job come first for sure.
I can wait. Just let me know.

Take care.

Brian

Thanx buddy, means a lot to me, just saying that. If the majority concensus agrees to wait till Ross gets back from vacation then I'm back in.

Ross, thank you too.

I don't want to be the one to put a damper on the order, especially since I helped to drive the enthusiasm, I understand. Majority rules, no offense taken.....I'm a big boy now, I can handle it.

Thanx again,
Russ

nine9d
01/05/2004, 09:59 PM
hehe, it would definetly take the pressure off of me. I have to finish the project of putting up a couple of walls in my house. I have never done it before and it is going to play a big part in whether I get my tank up or not. sheesh.

Out of everyone I think that Russ is the most excited to get this thing to happen. Family always comes first, work is second, and of course our hobbies are the last (that is how it works for me). I am coll with whatever we do. But I think that it would only be fair to wait for Russ (and than of course my vaca.).

foxstop
01/06/2004, 07:41 AM
I'm with Ross and Russ.
Russ took a lot of time to organize this and it just wouldn't be right without him in the mix.
We all have things come up and it's great that we can all work together.
Not to mention not having to buy the live rock on my own for full price:D

Brian

jmkeary
01/06/2004, 08:11 AM
make no difference to me if I wait a little longer

james

ChrisRD
01/06/2004, 09:49 AM
James,

I lived out in the Boston area for a few years. Do you realize North Andover, MA is over a 3 hour drive from the mid-Hudson Valley area?

Not trying to discourage you from buying with the group, but WOW, that's a long way to go for a group order on live rock. There are some good places out that way where you can get rock locally...

masterswimmer
01/06/2004, 07:37 PM
Ok guys,
Next update (whether I'm in or not!! :rolleyes: ) . Adam got back to me with $$. However, he also got back to me with some changes in the box sizes. So here we go:

Fiji (regular) - 45 lb box
Tonga Branch - 60 lb box
Kaelini - 88 lb box
Buma Branch - 45 lb box
Tonga Shelf - 95 lb box

Adam, hoping you are still monitoring this thread. We still need box size and pricing on the Kaelini Ridge (or would you say the Tonga Shelf is comparable?), and the Fiji Jumbo (or is it considered Fiji Premium?) Either way, let me know.

Thank you very very much Adam......as spokesperson for the group.....they don't know how much they thank you YET. But I do and YEEHAAAA, we thank you.

Russ

masterswimmer
01/06/2004, 07:52 PM

Fiji (regular) - 45 lb box
Tonga Branch - 60 lb box
Kaelini - 88 lb box
Buma Branch - 45 lb box
Tonga Shelf - 95 lb box

Russ

After reviewing our consolidated order this new box size doesn't appear to be unmanageable. As I see it we have to do some minor tweaks to meet the new imposed restrictions :D . Here it is as I see it. These are just the totals, we can work on adjusting the individual orders to meet the totals afterward.

Fiji - 4 boxes, no changes
Tonga Branch 3 boxes, total remains the same, new smackdowns
Kaelini 1 box instead of 2 with a reduction of 2 lbs
Buma Branch 1 box, no change
Tonga Shelf (Ridge) 1 box instead of 2 with an increase of 5 lbs.

Still need to hear back from Adam on the Kaelini Ridge and Fiji Jumbo. Otherwise this doesn't look too bad.

What do y'all think?

Russ

Arn Mehl
01/06/2004, 09:25 PM
Hey guys! I am not a member of your club yet but I would like to get in on the order of live rock if possible! I would take a 45 lb box of Fiji whenever you guys decide to do it! Thanx.:cool: :D

masterswimmer
01/06/2004, 09:32 PM
Russ 112.5 lbs. - 45 Kaelini ridge, 45 Fiji, 22.5 Tonga branch (w/Brian)
Brian 157.5 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 45 jumbo Fiji, 22.5 Tonga branch (w/Russ)
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji

Total so far = 675 lbs. as of 1/4/03

Hey Arn,
Boy am I glad you said that!! Especially since you've already requested 45 of Fiji and you've been included in this group buy for quite some time now. Glad you've reinforced it though. :D

We'll let you know when it's going through. If you read the last page of posts you'll see that I had some work related delays. The group as a whole will decide when the order will be placed. I'm sort of an innocent bystander at the moment. Let the masses speak.

Well actually, Brian, Ross and James have spoken up and I do appreciate the patience. Thanx guys.

Russ

Reelfish
01/06/2004, 10:25 PM
I can wait also on the rock. I think we should decide on an approximate time frame before we drive Russ crazy. I am flexible with the amount of rock I get and may alter it before the order. Don't worry I will not screw up the totals. Thanks to all that have contributed it is a very generous deal.
Bob

WAGERJA
01/07/2004, 08:46 AM
I'm also still in, and can wait til whenever as long as its not in the 3rd week of feb. also, I might want to change my order to Prem./Jumbo Fiji depending box size and price. really what I wanted was 3 or 4 pieces of 10-15lbs each.

thank you Russ and Adam

Jay

jmkeary
01/07/2004, 01:08 PM
what are the price pre pound so far?

masterswimmer
01/07/2004, 06:04 PM
Bob (reelfish), Jay thank you guys too. Seems like the majority says to wait. I appreciate it immensely. We are looking at the second week of March, when Ross returns from vacation.

As far as pricing, please email me at Bronx_bombers969899@yahoo.com for more details. If your email name is different than your RC screen name, like mine is, just identify yourself.

Thanx again for everyones patience. I'm looking forward to a kickin smackdown party.

Russ

jmkeary
01/07/2004, 09:27 PM
I'll be out until march 17th on my vacation but anytime after that works for me.

James

Reelfish
01/08/2004, 08:20 AM
Russ
Maybe a way of keeping the order straight at this point is to take a step backwards because of the different box sizes people may want to adjust the order accordingly.
Bob

Reelfish
01/08/2004, 08:26 AM
I will keep track of the order until you get back if you would like.
Bob

masterswimmer
01/08/2004, 09:48 PM
Russ 112.5 lbs. - 45 Kaelini ridge, 45 Fiji, 22.5 Buma branch (w/Brian)
Brian 157.5 lbs. - 45 Kaelini, 45 Fiji, 45 jumbo Fiji, 22.5 Buma branch (w/Russ)
Jay 45 lbs. - Fiji

Total so far = 675 lbs. as of 1/8/04

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russ - 10 lbs.
Ross - 10 lbs.
Brian - 10 lbs.
Bob (reelfish) - 10 lbs.
James - 5 lbs.

Total = 45 lbs. (1 box)

Please evaluate the above order and let me know what changes, if any, are necessary.

Thanx,
Russ

nine9d
01/08/2004, 09:54 PM
WHOA, WHOA! What is this new Buma branch that I see on yours and Brian's order!?

foxstop
01/08/2004, 10:02 PM
Check your e-mail from Russ Roscoe:D

nine9d
01/08/2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah, Yeah, I know man. It is some nice rock huh! LOL. Just bustin' chops.

WAGERJA
01/09/2004, 12:21 PM
Russ,

I'd like to change my order to 90lbs./2 boxs of Prem. Fiji. At the price we are getting I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't get at least two boxs. :)

thanks
Jay

masterswimmer
01/09/2004, 07:44 PM
Ross, that Buma is bam bam beautiful. I'm thinking Brian thinks so too.

Jay, I know what you mean.

We might have to change the pickup truck to an 18 wheeler!!!

Did everyone get my email? Let me know. A few of you are asking me questions via email that were answered in my detailed message to everybody.

Russ

masterswimmer
01/09/2004, 07:48 PM
Brian 155.5 lbs. - 88 Kaelini, 45 jumbo Fiji, 22.5 Buma branch (w/Russ)
Jay 90 lbs. - Fiji premium

Total so far = 718 lbs. as of 1/9/04

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russ - 10 lbs.
Ross - 10 lbs.
Brian - 10 lbs.
Bob (reelfish) - 10 lbs.
James - 5 lbs.

Total = 45 lbs. (1 box)

Please evaluate the above order and let me know what changes, if any, are necessary.

Brian, is that better?

Thanx,
Russ

jmkeary
01/09/2004, 09:14 PM
Russ,
I never received any email try sending it to jmkeary@yahoo(dot)com

James

Reelfish
01/11/2004, 11:13 AM
Russ
I am going to put a hold on the order change untill I get an idea of the price per pound. I assumed the boxes shipped at 45lbs and that is how I submitted my first order. I wont to change it so I can get full boxes. I have E-mailed you and no response as of today.
Bob

masterswimmer
01/11/2004, 09:04 PM
Bob (reelfish) I sent out a group email on Thursday, January 8th to everyone with all the details. None of the emails came back undeliverable. If you didn't get it let me know. Yours was sent to your aol.com address. See you Friday.

Russ

davidk
01/12/2004, 05:34 PM
Russ,
I would like to get in on the LR and LS order - if it's still open. I'd like to order 45 Tonga Ridge, 45 Premium Fiji, and 22.5 Buma branch (if you can split a box). On the LS , I don't know much about the seeding/Southdown ratio but 10 lbs sounds like enough for SSB for 95 gal.
Thanks.
David

skearse
01/13/2004, 07:36 AM
Hey Russ,

Can you send me a PM/e-mail with prices? I could use some rock for my fuge...

masterswimmer
01/13/2004, 07:33 PM
Brian 155.5 lbs. - 88 Kaelini, 45 jumbo Fiji, 22.5 Buma branch (w/Russ)
Jay 90 lbs. - Fiji premium
David - 112.5 lbs. - 45 Tonga Ridge, 45 Fiji premium, 22.5 Buma Branch (need to find a smackdown partner)

Total so far = 830.50 lbs. as of 1/13/04

Russ - 10 lbs.
Ross - 10 lbs.
Brian - 10 lbs.
Bob (reelfish) - 10 lbs.
James - 5 lbs.

Total = 45 lbs. (1 box)

Start of a second box if there is enough interest:
David - 10 lbs.

As you can see the totals are mounting quickly. I do not have a pickup truck. Unless we get a volunteer or two to help with the pickup we will have to incorporate a U-Haul rental fee into the total pricing. This wouldn't be terrible split amongst everyone. Please evaluate the above order and let me know what changes, if any, are necessary.

Thanx,
Russ

nine9d
01/13/2004, 07:57 PM
I can probably pick it up Russ if no one else can offer. Is there any box dimension?

P.S. - I have a Mazda MPV with a pull out back row of seating which gives it a lot of room.

foxstop
01/13/2004, 08:03 PM
Maybe a mass gathering at the airport to pick up the rock would be best? If not where will we bring the rock to divy up?
Man that's a lot of rock!:D

seaham358
01/13/2004, 08:05 PM
Ross its the pounds that will effect your carrying all the boxes. I see several cars or a PU is needed.

Reelfish
01/13/2004, 08:13 PM
I have a truck W/ cap and will pick the rock up.
Bob

davidk
01/13/2004, 08:25 PM
I have a Suburban - the back seats come out . I can do/help with the pick/up.

David

masterswimmer
01/13/2004, 08:29 PM
At this rate we will probably have about 1000 lbs (1/2 ton) of Rock. :eek1:

What I would like to do is have the rock brought back to my house to have a smackdown party. I am about 25-30 min. from Stewart. If anyone wants to meet at the airport, pickup their rock and leave, obviously, that's ok. Providing they are only getting whole boxes and the boxes are labeled on the outside. The good part of this delay is that the weather should be a lot warmer than it is now :cool: So the rock and its critters should be in better shape than in sub zero temps.

Does anyone have any adverse feelings towards this arrangement?

Adam, is the outside of the box labeled with the type of rock that it contains?

Feedback please............

Russ

nine9d
01/13/2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by seaham358
Ross its the pounds that will effect your carrying all the boxes. I see several cars or a PU is needed. WHAT! Just because I am 5 foot nothing don't underestimate the strength of the little man! LOL.

Reelfish
01/13/2004, 08:42 PM
I am willing to give up my smack down with Russ if it helps.
Bob

nine9d
01/14/2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Reelfish
I am willing to give up my smack down with Russ if it helps.
Bob Hey Bob, I think you mean with me (Ross).

I had the other 22.5 of Tonga Ridge to smackdown w/Bob (reelfish). If you don't want to do this just let me know because I would still like to get it. But just not at th 45lb box size, rather 1/2 box of this ridge rock. Thanks bud.

Reelfish
01/14/2004, 05:44 PM
I did mean Ross not Russ. I thought I was already getting enough and would extend it to someone else. The box sizes changed so chances are we are already splitting a box.
Bob

nine9d
01/14/2004, 07:01 PM
O.k. I see now, forgive me for being silly. I forgot that the box switched to a 90lb. That would give you darn near 68lbs of ridge.

Russ can you update the order and put Bob's 22.5lb that he was splitting with me up for grabs? Hopefully someone will pick it up so we can still get the Tonga ridge order.

masterswimmer
01/14/2004, 09:09 PM
Bob (reelfish), I'm looking to get the Kaelini, I only want 44 lbs. would you like to smackdown half an 88 lb box with me in lieu of your 45 Tonga Ridge? And, I'll just remove your 22.5 Tonga Ridge with Ross. We have a little time to mix and match still.

Russ

jmkeary
01/15/2004, 10:44 AM
russ if no one takes you up on it I would be willing to split a box of kaelini with you. email me and let me know

James

masterswimmer
01/15/2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by jmkeary
russ if no one takes you up on it I would be willing to split a box of kaelini with you. email me and let me know

James

Thanx James, I'm going to wait for Bob to get back to me since I made the offer to him first. I'll let you know.

Russ

jmkeary
01/16/2004, 09:18 AM
No problem, let me know either way. I am looking forward to meeting everyone one and watching the smackdown.

Arn Mehl
01/19/2004, 10:53 PM
James, would like to make mine Fiji Premium as well. Thanks...Arn

nine9d
01/19/2004, 10:57 PM
Let's start that new thread already Russ. :)

masterswimmer
01/20/2004, 07:39 PM
You got it Ross.......I'll get it going tonight.

Russ
Not the Roscoe Peco Train

PS - Ross empty your mailbox dude!!