PDA

View Full Version : New Tank Since the death of my Tang

minfinger
12/11/2003, 08:26 PM
Some of you know I have a bunch of tanks sitting around. So I decided to setup another 55G tank in the back room. I even bought a 75GPD membrane from Tideline for my RO unit. Wow what a difference. I took that drilled 33 Long I had and made it into a Sump Refugium, just like the one on the 29G. I've been working on this for a while, since before the Naso died.

Lighting, well I've been ordering all those MH ballasts and bulbs off Ebay, so I have a 250W USHIO on one end and 175W USHIO on the other. I decided to go with about 2 1/2 50lbs bags of SD to fill the bottom. I got Regular clownfish, good size though. I yellow Chromis(I think) and a Blue Tang. If the blue tang makes it, I'm going to order the Naso Baby from www.robsreef.com I also bought a Dragon Sand Sifting Goby and a couple of Linka Starfish.

The tanks been up and running for about 4 weeks and I have to keep grooming the sand every week. It's the weirdest thing, every week! I came home tonight and look what my freakin Dragon Sifter had done!! Can you BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2101388

Quicksilver
12/11/2003, 09:21 PM
LMAO! William

1SQ
12/12/2003, 09:24 AM
wow, can i borrow that sifter to remodel my tank :D
Where did you get the sifter?

Troy182
12/12/2003, 12:26 PM
are you sure that yellow damsel is not an anathia?

minfinger
12/12/2003, 02:53 PM
Yeah I was thinking it was an anathia, but I couldn't find a good picture to verify it last night LOL