PDA

View Full Version : More information for website.

nine9d
12/11/2003, 09:47 AM
I would like to start on the members and events pages next. Let's start talking about the member page for starters though. I would like it to introduce us to the reff world. What should we include? (In no particular order)

Name:
Date became member:
Hobbies:
Tank Dimensions:
A small head shot??

Should we take something out? What else should we include on the page? Thanks.

WAGERJA
12/11/2003, 10:30 AM
sounds good

I don't know about the head shot that might be more then some people can take....:fun2::hammer: I mean we don't want to scare anyone away before they even make it a meeting. ;)

for the record
Jay A Wager
nov. 2003
Structural Designer / LFS fish scooper
Reefing, Snowboarding, Sports cars
Wallkill, NY
75g reef running 2 yrs., 120g FOWLR running 3 months, 65g AF cichlids running 5 yrs.
:hmm5: no pics of my ugly mug at this time sorry

anyway a little OT but what about adding some of our best tank shots to the left and right sides of the home page. It will narrow the text area making it longer and look less vert. compressed. Plus whats the point of a club site if we(those to lazy to make thier own site, myself included.) can't show off our tanks :)

J

Tomzpc
12/11/2003, 11:04 AM
QUOTE: ?
FAVORITE MOVIE:
FAVORITE SONG:

I like seeing little tidbits like this when I browse a site. Not sure why. Maybe it just makes it more personable or something.

Tomzpc
12/11/2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by WAGERJA

anyway a little OT but what about adding some of our best tank shots to the left and right sides of the home page. It will narrow the text area making it longer and look less vert. compressed. Plus whats the point of a club site if we(those to lazy to make thier own site, myself included.) can't show off our tanks :)

J

I like this idea...maybe everyone gets one shot on the home page and you could attach our name with first initial in the corner of the pic or something.

andro
12/11/2003, 11:30 AM
The picture thing is a good idea, how about a random tank shot when re load the page, keep hitting reload and a new picture comes up. Kinda makes it exciting.

I like favorite movie and song, kinda lets us know more of the persons personality.

On the members page, we could also have a link to that persons gallery, if I have photos for them. This way they can show off their tanks. Maybe even a link to their website on HVREEF if they put one up.

I ma planning on taking members tank photos at each meeting, so for those members without a digital camera I can put up some shots.

-Ian

andro
12/11/2003, 11:43 AM
How about a link directly to the gallery, maybe the Etc. changed to gallery

-Ian

nine9d
12/11/2003, 02:02 PM
All good ideas here. I was going to be making a gallery link Ian as you had suggested (I just got lazy about it). I am for Ian's idea of a rotating pic also. Pics on a site are great and I will try to work something up so we can have some showcase spots!

nine9d
12/11/2003, 07:02 PM
O.k. right now I just put the gallery link up there. I will continue to work on the other pages. Thanks.

masterswimmer
12/11/2003, 08:20 PM
i'm having problems accessing the hvreef page. Gave me an error after I tried navigating through it.

Russ

nine9d
12/11/2003, 08:34 PM
Yeah I know bud. I was re-doing the whole site to make it slimmer. LOL. I hat the fatness. All should be fine now.

nine9d
12/11/2003, 09:20 PM
O.k. everyone. I put a feature tank test. Tell me what you think. Also, don't get your HVREEF BUDDY THONG in a bunch, it is just a test! Tell me what you think.

http://www.hvreef.org/

Tomzpc
12/11/2003, 09:32 PM
I kinda resent having my tank called ducky.

nine9d
12/11/2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Tomzpc
I kinda resent having my tank called ducky. Changed as per request of 1 pi$$ed off member. I told you I wasn't good with words :D

seaham358
12/11/2003, 09:59 PM
Ross that is COOL:eek1: :eek1:

I reserve the A#$hole song as my fav......:strooper:
Movie...... Debbie does Dallas........

Tomzpc
12/11/2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by nine9d
Changed as per request of 1 pi$$ed off member. I told you I wasn't good with words :D

Hmm.....I'm thinking now that I kinda liked ducky. :D

I love the cool effect that you get when you hover the mouse pointer over the pic! Is that intentional Ross?

Tomzpc
12/11/2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by seaham358
Ross that is COOL:eek1: :eek1:

I reserve the A#$hole song as my fav......:strooper:
Movie...... Debbie does Dallas........

LOL Bob. :lmao:

nine9d
12/11/2003, 10:30 PM
Yes that is an intentional image change. Sorta like the links at the top just a different effect that is all. Also, I will be e-mailing everyone for thier info to place on the members page once I get enough time to do some real work. Thanks everyone once again.

P.S. - Imagine your actinics looking like that image effect! LOL.

masterswimmer
12/11/2003, 11:18 PM
Ross, that is soooo freakin cool. I love it man. I know I can't have your Bud Light. That feature tank thing is awesome :eek2:

Russ

nine9d
12/12/2003, 01:18 AM
More updates - check site. If anyone has some great verbiage for Feature Tank spot please let me know. Thanks again.

andro
12/12/2003, 07:59 AM
Page looks awesome, love the buddy thong on the homepage :-p

-Ian

Tomzpc
12/12/2003, 09:11 AM
How about links to reef-related news like the capital reef guys have on their site? http://capitalreefs.com/

andro
12/20/2003, 10:38 PM
Like the snowflakes.

-Ian

foxstop
12/20/2003, 10:51 PM
Whoo, love those pictures of Tom's beautiful tank!
Oh yeah and the snowflakes too:D

Brian

jdemidio3
12/21/2003, 09:59 PM
i sent an email to your website interested in joining your group i live wappingers how do i go about joining your group if somone could let me know great
thanx
joe

Tomzpc
12/22/2003, 10:49 AM
Welcome aboard Joe. Stay tuned for upcoming meeting announcements. There is a thread running now for the January meeting.

Tom Z

masterswimmer
12/22/2003, 09:08 PM
Welcome to HVreefers Joe. Tom said it best.....look for postings, January meeting is being discussed.

Russ