PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone with GREAT reefs give things away real cheap?

mf2055
12/11/2003, 06:28 AM
So yeah all these tanks of the months are just totally sweet, but I don't see how my tank will ever look anything like any of the pics I am looking at. I am broke basically, but I am always trying to advance the status of my tank, which looks a heck of a lot better than it did six months ago, but it is still so bare!

The only way I would ever get a nice looking reef is if some of the people with the super-reefs started to share the wealth! So, anyone out there have a heart for a starving college student who spent his lunch money on reefing? (& dypers for my daughter) =)

Anyway, if anyone wants to get rid of anything for cheap or even free I would gladly pay priority shipping to me!
Thank you,
Andrew

Next day is far too rich for me... sorry.

rparker911
12/25/2003, 02:49 PM
My friend,
You have picked a very challenging hobby to be broke. I can relate! Just like the good book say's "One Day At a Time", I live mine one peice at a time;)

mf2055
12/27/2003, 01:47 AM
I am not exactly broke, but I would be if I bought any 10 of the 500 things I want as far as reeflife goes.... if you know what I mean. It is just that I could never afford "retail value", so I have to wheel and deal until I get 1 think I want every month or so..... So, are five ricordia polyps worth 5 hairy mushrooms? or 10 hermit crabs worth 1 pusling xenia frag? I just wish everyone out there would let go of their items at costs as low as I do I guess... Everyone wants to get the better end of all my deals, even though my pile of rocks is not much more than that, and theirs is a glorified reef.