PDA

View Full Version : Good stores in Big-D

mountainbiker619
12/09/2003, 01:38 AM
I am going back home to big-D for christmas and wish to know some good stores to visit.

reefy em
12/09/2003, 02:51 PM
Well, they vary. Here's my .02 for some common ones.

Dallas North Aquarium in Carrollton - Pretty new store, big selection, big $$$

Saltwater Paradise in Irving - New store too, very nice coral setups, big $$ usually too

Aquatic Designs in Plano - Havent' been there myself but it gets good reviews.

Planet Pet in Bedford - Mediochre selection, reasonable pricing, good prices on dry goods. They are remodeling though so they don't have a lot of displays.

You can check out some of our local boards to get more reviews of other places: www.yourreeftank.com, www.dfwmas.com (forum).

HTH. Let us know where you go! The first two are probably the best to go to while visiting.

TangKeeper
12/14/2003, 02:28 PM
There is also FIsh Paradise in West Ft. Worth or a new store that is ALL salt in North Richland Hills - FIsh Warehouse.

SaveOurReefs
12/15/2003, 03:25 PM
do you know a guy that works at a lfs in san diego? I cant remember the name of the place, but I do remember there ad saying something about they used too be wholesale , and I remember that they have like a Huge skimmer for the central plumbed system, but any-ways the guy in there was from the hurst-eulless-bedford area of texas and I was just wondering if maybe u had a slight clue of who I am taling about... guess its a little confusing. but if you do know who I am talkin about please pm me.

thanks, too all a good day!

mountainbiker619
12/15/2003, 03:28 PM
The store is Aquatic Warehouse www.aquaticwarehouse.com
not sure who you are refering to though.

peterlin98
12/19/2003, 10:10 AM
Just head on DFWMAS forum that planet pet is closing its operation. A few members who visited said that there are not many items left.

reefy em
12/19/2003, 11:01 AM
Wow, well they had some good deals sometimes. We did go in there about a week ago and they had like half the fish supply area gone. I just thought they were remodeling.

edfish
12/27/2003, 11:45 PM
I used to live in Dallas and LOVED Dallas North Aquarium!!